myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Can't prove this since are no figures showing political affiliation of recipients but the GOP states dominate the welfare rolls.

Now I'm confused.

Mikey, Mr. G, Mr. B, NitWit, Romney 'n Ryan, Palin, Fox, and the others had me absolutely convinced that the righties are the "makers" and the lefties are the "takers."

You mean they tell it backwards?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly. The welfare folks we know are not liberals. They have no politics at all, like most poor people.
They don't seem to know the difference..
I remember one active conservative black guy.
Well educated guy with too many kids to support without help.

One of the least well informed things you hear is the idea that Obama is buying votes with welfare.
Welfare folks rarely vote.
Our tenants received 8 years of welfare from Bush and the GOP before Obama.
Didn't vote then, dont vote now, except the one guy who was a Bushie.

When you hear someone say "liberals with their hand out for a check" you are listening to a person whose fortunate life did not include much real contact with the poor on welfare.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Leave NO soldier behind".....

I think most agree with the pledge, but I wonder if the administration or the military had been working on finding a way to bring Bergdahl home, or had he been written off and the Taliban initiated the trade deal. I really don't know and maybe this piece of info. is out there somewhere.

Just wondering.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--of course we will never know the answer. But the Republicans would not talk to the Taliban, or give Obama credit for anything. From the other thread that is endlessly bashing Obama, whatever the facts:

Quote:
Now there is a term for it, coined by Bill Maher: Black tracking. The act of changing your mind because President Obama has agreed with you. I saw mrgybe flirt with whiplash over Lebanon and the no-fly zone. Now it is John McCain:

Quote:
“Now this idea is for an exchange of prisoners for our American fighting man. I would be inclined to support such a thing depending on a lot of the details.”
–Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), interview on CNN, Feb. 18, 2014

“We were never told that there would be an exchange of Sergeant Bergdahl for five Taliban.”

–McCain, interview on CNN, June 3, 2014

Not the only Republican to black track. But it has nothing to do with race...

Yeah.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, what's not being talked about is the 5 Guantanamo detainees in the context of winding down Guantanamo. How were we going to deal with these guys into the future? If the truth be told, the military probably didn't have enough hard evidence to successfully prosecute the cases against these guys.

Finally, we have a way to let these detainees go in exchange for our soldier. Not necessarily a bad deal for all the concerned parties. No big surprise that the Republicans aren't going there. They'll criticize President Obama for not closing Guantanamo, but what would they do? If Vice President Cheney couldn't close the deal on these dangerous characters during the Bush Administration, who could?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Just wondering.

The military has searched for him from the very morning he deserted. Leads to his location repeatedly led them into death traps. Once they had proof he had deserted (he left documents to that effect), they sent out forces to kill or arrest him. Later, private contractor spooks did what they do and formally reported having observed him fraternizing with the Taliban, including shooting guns and playing soccer. Vetting that report independently is a classified project not yet revealed. The Taliban identified these 5 "generals" (plus one who subsequently died) four years ago as their initial dream team for negotiations. SecDef Panetta and several 4-star U.S. general officers told Obama not to make the swap, but he blew them off, just as he does just about anyone who disagrees with him. Then he sent Susan Rice to the Sunday talk shows to lie to us again.

That's WAY less than 1% of the verified facts already revealed on the evening news from Fox to the NYT. The rest of that book will have to wait until the other thousands of pages of intel are digested and emerge from the python.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swchandler"]You know, what's not being talked about is the 5 Guantanamo detainees in the context of winding down Guantanamo. How were we going to deal with these guys into the future? If the truth be told, the military probably didn't have enough hard evidence to successfully prosecute the cases against these guys.

Finally, we have a way to let these detainees go in exchange for our soldier. quote]

5 top ranking detainees.

Finally? If I remember correctly we had about 140 detainees at Gitmo before the top 5 were traded, so that's going to require some more kidnapping to be able to use this method for emptying out Gitmo.
But hea, "finally we have a way".

By the way, North Korea is paying close attention to this.
They got some also.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-says-investigating-american-illegal-acts-kcna-032330467.html;_ylt=AwrBJR637ZFT0nQAag_QtDMD
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go to war with North Korea they are going to want to swap prisoners afterward all right.
We have swapped prisoners in every single war in American history so they will probably be able to make a deal.
It is only a crime if Obama does it.
Doesn't matter how much the GOP was down on his for not doing it before.
How do these sleep at night ?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many lefties understand that it wasn't just Lois Lerner's hard drive that was eaten by her dog; no less than EIGHT HDs -- all belonging to the IRS employees suspected of collusion with her --were eaten by IRS dogs.

Then there's the little question of what that has to do with rendering emails unrecoverable from all the other places they inhabit. When I retire a computer, remove and destroy its HD, give the box to Best Buy to recycle its plastic and metal parts, and buy and fire up a new computer ... right there are all zillion of the emails I've sent and received over the past few years.

I guess some people don't object to being lied to about its own government targeting citizens and using its strongest, most frightening, most belligerent domestic force to swing a presidential election. Anything to win, huh, guys?
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
I guess some people don't object to being lied to about its own government...

Yeah. Damn those WMDs, anyway.

Obama probably hid them so Bush's inspectors couldn't find 'em.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 38 of 63

Jump to: