myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I guess you missed the point where they actually hit a tiny piece of rock going 41,000 miles an hour.

On corruption, you are making wild accusations without facts. How about Randy Cunningham? http://legacy.utsandiego.com/news/politics/cunningham/index.html

How about Mark Nathanson, who I helped put in jail? http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/mark-l-nathanson

Or David Malcolm, another Republican sleezebag from Southern California?

There are always going to be problems with big institutions--churches, corporations, and government. The duty of citizenship is to reform, with some understanding. I guess you didn't get that memo.

In point of fact the level of corruption in the United States, at all levels of government, is remarkably low. Rated 19th least corrupt out of 174 countries. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/05/map-the-most-and-least-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/

I could tell you a frightful, but true story about how Bush II covered up malfeasance by the Corps of Engineers in the construction of levees in New Orleans. Obama is a page from the Clinton script--everything is scripted and spun. But show me a taking money scandal like Duke Cunningham.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Bard--I guess you missed the point where they actually hit a tiny piece of rock going 41,000 miles an hour.

On corruption, you are making wild accusations without facts. How about Randy Cunningham? http://legacy.utsandiego.com/news/politics/cunningham/index.html

How about Mark Nathanson, who I helped put in jail? http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/mark-l-nathanson

Or David Malcolm, another Republican sleezebag from Southern California?

There are always going to be problems with big institutions--churches, corporations, and government. The duty of citizenship is to reform, with some understanding. I guess you didn't get that memo.

In point of fact the level of corruption in the United States, at all levels of government, is remarkably low. Rated 19th least corrupt out of 174 countries. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/05/map-the-most-and-least-corrupt-countries-in-the-world/

I could tell you a frightful, but true story about how Bush II covered up malfeasance by the Corps of Engineers in the construction of levees in New Orleans. Obama is a page from the Clinton script--everything is scripted and spun. But show me a taking money scandal like Duke Cunningham.

How 'bout no bid contracts to Halliburton and billions of dollars in cash "missing" in Iraq?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard and crew hold Obama to a different standard than any previous president--and then invent facts to support their hatred. But they assure us that it is neither racial nor personal.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Bard and crew hold Obama to a different standard than any previous president--and then invent facts to support their hatred. But they assure us that it is neither racial nor personal.

I never liked Bush2 so get your facts straight.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I said "and crew", was specific about corruption--and asked you for the same. Easy to scream, hard to reason eh. Quit making it up. You never screamed about Bush like this.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR
That was tongue in cheek about liberals, right.
Most conservatives are not practicing Christians ,of course, so it has nothing to do with the lib vs conservative divide.
Less than ten percent of people on this planet are practicing Christians.
Most of them can tell right from wrong in their daily lives without referring to the Bible.
The Bible did not invent good behavior, it just encourages it.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
RR
That was tongue in cheek about liberals, right?

Nope, and the statement is not so much directed at just liberals.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad--it was traveling 80,000 miles an hour. But government can't accomplish anything. http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/close-photos-comet-rosettas-probe-landed/story?id=26859793
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fear government" potpourri:

1. The 4th or 5th Gruber gloat/rant video we’ve seen about how he and the other ACA authors deliberately deceived the stupid public to get the bill passed was in the White House, directly to President Obama.

2. An Afghanistan/Iraq vet highly qualified for police work has been trying for years to get into any police academy and/or police force all over the western U.S. EVERY city, town, and burg told him that police forces are having to cut back rather than hire because of what is generally called the “great depression” staring them in the face.

3. Our local city has passed an expensive bill to decrease the student:teacher ratio because it will “obviously” improve education.
A. Some of our local schools are already ranked among the very best in the state of Washington.
B. THROWING MONEY AT EDUCATION HAS NOT HELPED. Gruber is apparently right about the public’s intelligence.

4. The far left news media has apparently actually PRAISED Obama’s vastly -- virtually 100% -- lopsided environmental concessions ... hell, gifts ... to China. Once again, Gruber is apparently right about the public’s intelligence.

5. Obama was often chewing gum when being videoed with Chinese leaders, a grave offense in China.

6. Some idiot news service or congressman came up with this closely paraphrased gem: "Senate democrats will vote Tuesday on the Keystone XL issue to help Senator Landrieu keep her seat." Not for oil independence, or prices, or balance of trade, or the environment, or jobs, or the economy, or Warren Buffett, or national karma … but explicitly TO HELP HER KEEP HER SENATE SEAT.

7. The Whidbey Island (Washington) Naval Air Station is hosting another public hearing over the Navy’s need and plans to add more Growler electronic warfare aircraft to the Station. The public (i.e., more Gruberites) demands an environmental impact statement, in case some blunt-nosed lizard or shitfaced owl may be bothered by aircraft noise. There are apparently still idiots out there who value shitfaced owls’ happiness and quiet backyard barbecues over national security.

8. I'm sure you have all seen the wrench ... THE wrench, as in the ONLY wrench ... our entire U.S. nuclear force structure depends on for servicing ALL of our nuclear warheads. This one wrench has been being shipped from one nuclear facility to another by FedEx for years now, as needed, as just one infinitesimal example of how badly our national defense posture and capability have been actively and deliberately eroded over the past couple of decades.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any proof that throwing more money at the Pentagon does anything for our national security? Works for schools...maybe works for defense!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 55 of 63

Jump to: