myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, the point wasn't the authors racist views. It was the issue at hand. You can grandstand if you wish, while we go further down the rabbit hole.

You, I am ashamed that the wealthy have made so much money, not by innovation, but because of the federal reserve.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Good point Pueno,
Rural Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras kids have just gotten cell phones in the last five years because of an explosion of services and five dollar chinese phones.

Soooo..... shouldn't we be pissing and moaning about all those "Obamaphones"? Isn't that part of the far-right narrative?

keycocker wrote:
Pueno,
Even many of the Teas think Bush was a dick.

That just shows how ignorant they are.

Even the dumbest of the rabid righties knows that Cheney was "Dick" and Bush was "Dubya."

keycocker wrote:
...a really bad film with a monkey and starring Ronald Reagen as a bumbling President who everyone liked for his charm.
I woke up and it turned out I wasn't dreaming.

I never knew monkeys liked jelly beans.

And not to worry --- Reagan forgot all he did in the Oval Office. He looked to the stars for answers, unlike a certain Commie Kenyan Vegan golf-playing president we've heard of recently, who does NOT consult with an astrologer.

Wink
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
You, I am ashamed that the wealthy have made so much money, not by innovation, but because of the federal reserve.

Why be ashamed? The vast majority of people have or can -- and should -- find SOME money to invest, and the market doesn't know whether they invest 3 or 7 figures. A paper boy smart enough at 14 to buy broad market index funds will be rich enough to retire before he reaches middle age. Besides, you didn't take money out of his pocket; you PUT money into industry.

If you REALLY feel guilty, you can always just wait to sell until the market corrects, nosedives, or totally collapses. Aren't choices wonderful? Smile
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From today's WSJ

The U.S. economy contracted at a worse pace than previously estimated in the first quarter, marking its sharpest pullback since the recession ended five years ago. Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of goods and services produced across the economy, contracted at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 2.9% in the first three months of the year, according to the Commerce Department's third reading released Wednesday. That was the fastest rate of decline since the first quarter of 2009, when output fell 5.9%.

At the time of posting, stock market up.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bardo, so eager to have us believe that he is not a bigot, so blind to his reflexive Eastern European anti-communist fascism, says about Lindbergh (note the correct spelling):

Mac, the point wasn't the authors racist views. It was the issue at hand.

Au contraire. The issue is the credibility of your sources, and thus the value of their ideas. None, here.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
From today's WSJ

The U.S. economy contracted at a worse pace than previously estimated in the first quarter, marking its sharpest pullback since the recession ended five years ago. Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of goods and services produced across the economy, contracted at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 2.9% in the first three months of the year, according to the Commerce Department's third reading released Wednesday. That was the fastest rate of decline since the first quarter of 2009, when output fell 5.9%.

Probably because most people know that the country was blanketed under three feet of snow for a large percentage of the 90 day period. The second quarter is tracking pretty strong, and that is why the market is unfazed by the news....A dynamic I'm sure even you understand, Mr Gybe.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Yet heavy hitters like the Harvard and GM pension funds are staying on the sidelines. I guess they're just stupid.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that your analysis is just a tad superficial...

The average annualized GDP growth for the 10 snowiest winters (not counting 2014) was just .5%. This is more than two percentage points below the typical first quarter. It's also more than two percentage points below the average annualized growth for the 4th quarters that preceded those 10 snowiest winters. This is important, because the economy tends to develop in waves that occur outside of the weather cycle. So based on this, we can conclude that the snow of this year likely shaved two percentage points from 1st quarter GDP growth.
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/peterschiff/2014/06/08/snow-job-n1848879/page/full

GDP was 5% down. Internet shopping will have mitigated some of the 2014 impact versus history. Yet another anomaly? Read the BEA announcement. You will see the real drivers of the decline. And don't forget to catch the President's remarks on global warming tonight.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
Yet heavy hitters like the Harvard and GM pension funds are staying on the sidelines. I guess they're just stupid.

Ya gotta point there, Mikey. The folks at Harvard are stupid.

After all, they gave your Kenyan draft-dodging vegan commie liberal Marxist Nazi golfer some kinda bogus law degree...

But, then, they also graduated Dubya and Romney.

So, are they smart or are they stupid?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G ..things are tracking much higher than the first quarter....regardless of the circumstances, certainly weather had an impact. Peter Shiff is a criminal...a perma bear, and someone who has been dead wrong on almost everything since 2009....I wouldnt read his drivel.
One thing he omits when comparing winter's effect on the GDP is air travel. Most cancels in the industry's history...so snow accumulation alone is not a good comp.
Listen, I roll with the punches, if I were concerned about a massive slowdown, I would be making the adjustments..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 50 of 63

Jump to: