myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why We Should All Fear Government
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, conservative bias, but if a liberal think tank went through the same exercise with the same criteria, would the results be just the opposite?

For example, take the first criteria "Fiscal Freedom: Fiscal policy consists of categories for taxes, government employment, spending, debt, and fiscal decentralization."

Would Calif. and Hawaii be listed as one of the top states or would they stay at the bottom?

I guess the answer depends on how one perceives taxes, government employment, spending, debt & fiscal decentralization. Good or bad?

It seems to me that a lot of people are running from the low ranking states to the high ranking states for some reason or reasons? Why is that?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, everything depends on the questions asked, and your overall outlook.

It's ironic that California scored so poorly in the poll when it's the most populous state in the union. Why do all those folks pay California's steep taxation and live in such terrible conditions?

There must be a lot more to it, don't you think?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an exodus to Hawaii right now. Cal has been a destination for many and a dream for others since thirty years.
What exodus? To where?
I looked it up. Folks are moving to states with oil jobs like North Dakota.
States shown as zero freedom like Hawaii are 15th in growth despite the lack of jobs here.

These guys appear to have drawn the map first and supplied the data to fit.
I wonder if we would have a better America if this effort was spent uniting America instead of pandering to those who want us divided.
I am sad that conservatives contribute so much to the deterioration of our country. We used to be the strength of the nation. Our star is fading.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too funny:

Quote:
Granted, conservative bias,

Funded by the Koch's--you think? You have a ways to go before your sources are as bad as NW's--but this one is right up there.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,
Have you seen anything on your sources that unites our country?
Or just the stuff you post?
Is that OK because libs do it too?
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker:

Have you seen anything on your sources that unites our country?
Or just the stuff you post?
Is that OK because conservatives do it too?

It all depend on the side of the fence you are looking over.

California and Hawaii have a lot going for them - geographically. I would love to live in either place, but I would have to cut my lifestyle significantly to afford either one.

I grew up in LA in the valley, but those were the good old days (50's & 60's)when there weren't so many people, but it was still overcrowded.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking from the conservative side of the fence. What am I missing in the conservative entertainment press that unites America?
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little at the moment, which is an issue for conservatives. They have spent too much time putting out what they perceive to be forest fires, rather than building new forests.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None for years.
It isn't people putting out fires in the press. That must be done in real life.
The conservative press is focused on dividing America, and conservatives are repeating false material nonstop.
As long as we do this the lobbyists will continue to rip our country apart with our help.
There has always been a mountain of HS available for those who care little about unityin our nation.
The change I see is in conservatives embrace of it.
We were the grounded fact based lovers of our country at one time.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Little at the moment, which is an issue for conservatives. They have spent too much time putting out what they perceive to be forest fires, rather than building new forests."

You know techno900, I have to agree with you, particularly with the last sentence. Too much time spend fruitlessly trying to kill the ACA, and absolutely no time spent developing a sound healthcare reform plan to replace it.

With all the news brewing that the Republicans are poised to win a Senate majority in November, it's a mystery to me why anyone would vote for them, particularly with their extremely low approval rating in most national polls. Look how little they have accomplished since they "won" in 2012 based on vacant campaign promises. With all their earlier focus and promotion regarding creating jobs, where's their legislative work and accomplishments to prove that they've dutifully fulfilled their election promises?

The way things have gone, I'm thinking that Republican party members view success as a continual display of criticism and disdain for President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. No progress on anything meaningful is required. Simply saying "no" to anything new is enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 24 of 63

Jump to: