myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Pinochet our moderator? Our posts keep getting disappeared.

Where do they go, I wonder. Is there some parallel-universe forum where all the irreverent funny people are posting.

Dude Bro Man had some serious issues with the validity of his content (who doesn't?) but at least he made me laugh.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mitch's silence, I'll press on ... but very slowly, as my knee rehab load is expanding rapidly now that I'm off the narcotics and am allowed to use the knee.

bmmiller wrote:
My question: Isobars, did you really windsurf with a football helmet for some time?

Naah. I didn’t wear any helmet when I played intramural football (into my early 30s). You’re thinking of the batter’s helmet (light, visored, face-guarded) I wear when WSing. My Mom LIKES my face.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviddk wrote:
Isn`t 10,000+ posts enough? What more could he possibly say?

That isn’t 20% of what I’ve written in sports, medical, WSing, engineering, political, legal, and other fields, some determining outcomes involving life and death and/or hundreds of millions of dollars, others helping people learn to WS. You should try writing something positive and contributory for a change; it’s more fun to me than anything but hard core sports.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I digress.....make it stop!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple: look away.
Man, do I have to solve EVERY little problem in your life?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

summertime wrote:
Question: Isobars- do you regret not becoming a lawyer? You'd have been an awesome lawyer!

I’ve heard that since high school, and have beaten many lawyers in several venues. Their focus is on interpreting law written by man to suit the needs of their client, rather than seeking and using irrefutable fundamental laws of math and physics. I thus chose science as applied to engineering, where fundamental truths and measurable observables, rather than impressionable lay juries and shriveled bloody gloves, drive and determine outcomes. Rocket science is simpler, more elegant, and more provable than bottomless political jello such as AGW.

But wait; there’s more.

The law also tolerates, often indefinitely, indecipherable verbage that cannot be diagrammed ... for credit and sometimes even for misplaced praise ... just because it is sprinkled with legal terms. Science ultimately sees through that.

Both disciplines argue passionately, but their purposeful topical debate over issues is worlds apart from the abominable, incessant, childish personal crap these creeps dump in our face. I abhor and try to avoid the latter, as evidenced by my extensive killfile and my general refusal to engage in baseless personal attacks. My carefully chosen handful of attacks on individuals were provable, necessary, and relevant to the topic, not irrelevant substitutes for facts or logic.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I love? Finnish poetry!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT wrote:
our sport needs to project a cooler image to attract the youth.

What I see mostly on the beach (and I include myself) is a lot of the older crowd bulls**tting about windsurfing and not doing much of it. Now, do we need to carry that image in a mag?

No reason we can’t sail when we can, talk when we can’t sail, and write when neither is possible. Besides, I’d rather WS (or talk, or write) than “be cool”. (Good thing, huh?)
masterblaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever happened to DUDE BRO MAN?
daviddk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m guessing maxpowers is one of isobars` aliases. What better way for iso to give himself the opportunity to bloviate. once again, to his heart`s delight, about himself? What a tool.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: