myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the era before Iso just misquoted those he disagree with rather than kill file them (2007). Selective quotes, personal attacks, etc. My quotes about Singer are a few pages later. My characterization here is not a lie--but I guess those kinds of personal attacks are ok with the moderator.

https://iwindsurf.com:4048/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13575&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=70
daviddk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Meaning what ... you were just jerkin' my chain?"

Yes!! Everyone is. Gawd, you`re so easy. It`s not even much fun anymore.
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... an interview with Isobars, what a treat !! Sorry I'm late to the show, just a very simple question from me.

Isobars, how often do you contact your lawyer? Oh yeah, also do you have this dude on the speed dial of your cell phone? Does your lawyer give you special treats for contacting him/her ( free gasoline, oil change, body rub, etc)?
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:

1. Your whole killfile is BS. Surprise there....

2. It isn't BS, but you are so possessed by seeing every message that you read your killfiled posters anyway which pretty much negates the killfile.

So is it Door #1 or Door #2?

#1. Or as daviddk wrote: trust me, there`s no killfile.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
Wow... an interview with Isobars, what a treat !! Sorry I'm late to the show, just a very simple question from me.

Isobars, how often do you contact your lawyer? Oh yeah, also do you have this dude on the speed dial of your cell phone? Does your lawyer give you special treats for contacting him/her ( free gasoline, oil change, body rub, etc)?

Don't have one. Have needed one only once, for such a small matter that he didn't even charge me.

BTW ... have you forgotten that it was I who came to your rescue when Wardog was posting your personal legal problems 15 years ago?

Last edited by isobars on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:
One last question:

Iso, what is your opinion on the human race, from an outsiders point of view?

Ya got me. I was beamed to Earth by the Borg to determine whether we should assimilate humans on an all or nothing basis. I was just about to advise assimilation when I discovered in the early '90s, Earth time, the depravity that ensues among people with no conscience or morals, enhanced by the anonymity of the internet. The Collective ordered me to hang in there and try to solve the problem, as seven billion new drones are not small potatoes. Alas, by the time I had an impact, I was so tainted by exposure that they won't even beam ME back up. Now I'm stuck here in the sewage with this danged mechanical crap hanging off my face.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, you’re both cherry picking out of context and distorting what Lomborg, Singer, and I said, from several threads totaling over 3,000 posts, >200,000 hits, and citing many books. This particular herd of dead horses was laid to rest almost a decade ago, before the earth’s temperature was shown to have already flatlined. Nobody gives a fig about your version of those threads any more, given their size and the archival availability of what was actually said.

What I learned from this unfiltered thread was your concurrence with me and most experts that the models drastically exaggerate the threat of AGW. Glad to hear it, as it's obvious you've given this whole topic a great deal of thought and study.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
WMP wrote:

Don't have one. Have needed one only once, for such a small matter that he didn't even charge me.

BTW ... have you forgotten that it was I who came to your rescue when Wardog was posting your personal legal problems 15 years ago?

So, you can remember the one time you needed a lawyer, you can remember events from 15 years ago, but you cannot remember even one instance of your besting several lawyers in various venues?

Things that make you go Hmmm...
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac, you’re both cherry picking out of context and distorting what Lomborg, Singer, and I said, from several threads totaling over 3,000 posts, >200,000 hits, and citing many books. This particular herd of dead horses was laid to rest almost a decade ago, before the earth’s temperature was shown to have already flatlined. Nobody gives a fig about your version of those threads any more, given their size and the archival availability of what was actually said.

What I learned from this unfiltered thread was your concurrence with me and most experts that the models drastically exaggerate the threat of AGW. Glad to hear it, as it's obvious you've given this whole topic a great deal of thought and study.

interesting in that Isobars keeps a record, maybe fuzzy record of how many HITs threads have, but cant place the lawyer questions, I now have a clear picture of what feeds his ego

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
ebbride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite Iso's somewhat abrasive way of delivering his message I enjoy his posts in a kind of weird "what's he gonna say next" way. I tend to read past the bravado and self promotion to get to the point he is trying to make. Let's face it, old dudes get grumpy and opinionated and I think he has probably earned that right as someone who has experienced and accomplished a lot. I say if you don't like him or what he says then don't read his posts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: