myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 5477

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the era before Iso just misquoted those he disagree with rather than kill file them (2007). Selective quotes, personal attacks, etc. My quotes about Singer are a few pages later. My characterization here is not a lie--but I guess those kinds of personal attacks are ok with the moderator.

https://iwindsurf.com:4048/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13575&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=70
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daviddk



Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Meaning what ... you were just jerkin' my chain?"

Yes!! Everyone is. Gawd, you`re so easy. It`s not even much fun anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WMP



Joined: 30 May 2000
Posts: 616

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... an interview with Isobars, what a treat !! Sorry I'm late to the show, just a very simple question from me.

Isobars, how often do you contact your lawyer? Oh yeah, also do you have this dude on the speed dial of your cell phone? Does your lawyer give you special treats for contacting him/her ( free gasoline, oil change, body rub, etc)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeconicPuffin



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1229

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:

1. Your whole killfile is BS. Surprise there....

2. It isn't BS, but you are so possessed by seeing every message that you read your killfiled posters anyway which pretty much negates the killfile.

So is it Door #1 or Door #2?


#1. Or as daviddk wrote: trust me, there`s no killfile.

_________________
Michael
http://www.peconicpuffin.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14486

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
Wow... an interview with Isobars, what a treat !! Sorry I'm late to the show, just a very simple question from me.

Isobars, how often do you contact your lawyer? Oh yeah, also do you have this dude on the speed dial of your cell phone? Does your lawyer give you special treats for contacting him/her ( free gasoline, oil change, body rub, etc)?

Don't have one. Have needed one only once, for such a small matter that he didn't even charge me.

BTW ... have you forgotten that it was I who came to your rescue when Wardog was posting your personal legal problems 15 years ago?


Last edited by isobars on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14486

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:
One last question:

Iso, what is your opinion on the human race, from an outsiders point of view?

Ya got me. I was beamed to Earth by the Borg to determine whether we should assimilate humans on an all or nothing basis. I was just about to advise assimilation when I discovered in the early '90s, Earth time, the depravity that ensues among people with no conscience or morals, enhanced by the anonymity of the internet. The Collective ordered me to hang in there and try to solve the problem, as seven billion new drones are not small potatoes. Alas, by the time I had an impact, I was so tainted by exposure that they won't even beam ME back up. Now I'm stuck here in the sewage with this danged mechanical crap hanging off my face.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14486

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, you’re both cherry picking out of context and distorting what Lomborg, Singer, and I said, from several threads totaling over 3,000 posts, >200,000 hits, and citing many books. This particular herd of dead horses was laid to rest almost a decade ago, before the earth’s temperature was shown to have already flatlined. Nobody gives a fig about your version of those threads any more, given their size and the archival availability of what was actually said.

What I learned from this unfiltered thread was your concurrence with me and most experts that the models drastically exaggerate the threat of AGW. Glad to hear it, as it's obvious you've given this whole topic a great deal of thought and study.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
youwindsurf



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 716
Location: Classified

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
WMP wrote:
Wow... an interview with Isobars, what a treat !! Sorry I'm late to the show, just a very simple question from me.

Isobars, how often do you contact your lawyer? Oh yeah, also do you have this dude on the speed dial of your cell phone? Does your lawyer give you special treats for contacting him/her ( free gasoline, oil change, body rub, etc)?

Don't have one. Have needed one only once, for such a small matter that he didn't even charge me.

BTW ... have you forgotten that it was I who came to your rescue when Wardog was posting your personal legal problems 15 years ago?


So, you can remember the one time you needed a lawyer, you can remember events from 15 years ago, but you cannot remember even one instance of your besting several lawyers in various venues?

Things that make you go Hmmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
U2U2U2



Joined: 06 Jul 2001
Posts: 3090
Location: Shipsterns Bluff, Tasmania. Colorado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac, you’re both cherry picking out of context and distorting what Lomborg, Singer, and I said, from several threads totaling over 3,000 posts, >200,000 hits, and citing many books. This particular herd of dead horses was laid to rest almost a decade ago, before the earth’s temperature was shown to have already flatlined. Nobody gives a fig about your version of those threads any more, given their size and the archival availability of what was actually said.

What I learned from this unfiltered thread was your concurrence with me and most experts that the models drastically exaggerate the threat of AGW. Glad to hear it, as it's obvious you've given this whole topic a great deal of thought and study.


interesting in that Isobars keeps a record, maybe fuzzy record of how many HITs threads have, but cant place the lawyer questions, I now have a clear picture of what feeds his ego

_________________
K4 fins
4Boards....May the fours be with you

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ebbride



Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite Iso's somewhat abrasive way of delivering his message I enjoy his posts in a kind of weird "what's he gonna say next" way. I tend to read past the bravado and self promotion to get to the point he is trying to make. Let's face it, old dudes get grumpy and opinionated and I think he has probably earned that right as someone who has experienced and accomplished a lot. I say if you don't like him or what he says then don't read his posts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group