myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarryW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ascott72 wrote:
softtball question #2:

Have you gone on any destination trips to windsurf? If so, where was your favorite location?

Be careful asking Isobars about destination resorts. I hear he's not crazy about Lake Arenal in Costa Rica and he's never been there.
scottwerden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I also watched rec.windsurf go to pieces with isobars and WarDog going at it all the time. It got pretty bad in that forum. Isobars then brought that same drivel to NWWindsurfing, a Seattle based Yahoo group from which he got banned. I actually was not in favor of that, free speech and all. The thing is, it takes two to tango, and it is easy to ignore his posts so I am not sure why people who dislike iso's style read his stuff.

So I will post a question for the interview: Mr Fick - you clearly are intelligent and know the effect you have on people in these forums. Humans in general I think like to get along but you seem to take glee in making bellicose, provocative posts that invariably get people riled up. So what is going on with that?

Follow-up question: Someone above said you should be a lawyer, which is spot on. Would you change your behavior if you knew that your bad karma from years of annoying people on various forums is going to cause you to be reincarnated as an ACLU lawyer, defending poor single mothers on welfare?
brettn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than ask Iso, or any of us for that matter, what our favorite destination resort is, why not do an article on Iso's vendettas?

I'm not sure any amount of literary talent could make an article interesting that debates whether Corpus Christi or Barriles is better. Especially if Iso takes 500 words of content and stretches it to 5,000 words.

Better yet, why not do an article that is the literary equivalent of a MMA highlight reel, with Iso trading punches with his foes. For that matter, you could write a good read by compiling the a 'Best of' of this forum, and others. People that got banned, people who should have gotten banned, people who got banned when they shouldn't have, etc.

I'd read that!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Alright guys, we're going to try something new. Isobars has agreed to a public interview right here on iWindsurf.

My article has a word limit around 800. ... please try your hardest to keep your answers short. If that's not possible, please give me a summary sentence you're comfortable using, then elaborating.

Alright, with that said, let's get this thing started.

Isobars, how did you start windsurfing?

I've been awaiting your second question, Mitch, in the apparent misunderstanding that you had your questions all lined up so I could focus my very limited time on them. If not, let me know and I'll find some time to address others' legitimate questions directly and succinctly. The rest ... the ones that are more false accusations and attitude assignments than questions and the "When did you stop beating your wife?" nonsense ... will be delayed until I have the time or just dump them where they belong. They don't deserve the time it would take to write short answers.

The heavier post-op drugs are leaving my system, so now's your chance. Should I swing at your questions, or theirs?
GuyT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against Isobars, but I think our sport needs to project a cooler image to attract the youth.

What I see mostly on the beach (and I include myself) is a lot of the older crowd bulls**tting about windsurfing and not doing much of it. Now, do we need to carry that image in a mag?
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fun: Every time I post in this thread, iWindsurf takes it down.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Let's see how long this post stays up...

Anyone interviewing isobars about his participation in iWindsurf should read this thread, from the beginning:

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23843

Also, they should ask themselves what evidence exists that Iso has the windsurfing skills he says he does. In any number of threads in the last few years, many of us have posted video to demonstrate what we're talking about. Not only does this never happen with Iso, but the one video of him that was posted (and removed apparently by someone who wanted to be kind) showed windsurfing quite less impressive (I'm being nice) than Iso would have us believe.

Lastly, as others have mentioned, Isobars has done great harm in the opinion of many to online windsurfing forums. He nearly singlehandedly destroyed rec.windsurfing (with an assist from "Bruce") and has driven many people from iWindsurf (I know this because some outstanding windsurfer who lurk here tell me about it.)

To whoever is removing my posts about Isobars: I'm taking screen shots now, of both my posts, and the Iso posts that I'm linking to. You might not care, but there will be a public outing. It's one thing that you haven't removed him from the forum despite the requests (I get it...you believe he's a draw and good for business.) It's quite another when you delete criticism.

noshuzbluz wrote:
PeconicPuffin wrote:

Me too. Maybe its our avatar pics of us actually sailing.

PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Let's see how long this post stays up...

Anyone interviewing isobars about his participation in iWindsurf should read this thread, from the beginning:

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23843

Also, they should ask themselves what evidence exists that Iso has the windsurfing skills he says he does. In any number of threads in the last few years, many of us have posted video to demonstrate what we're talking about. Not only does this never happen with Iso, but the one video of him that was posted (and removed apparently by someone who wanted to be kind) showed windsurfing quite less impressive (I'm being nice) than Iso would have us believe.

Lastly, as others have mentioned, Isobars has done great harm in the opinion of many to online windsurfing forums. He nearly singlehandedly destroyed rec.windsurfing (with an assist from "Bruce") and has driven many people from iWindsurf (I know this because some outstanding windsurfer who lurk here tell me about it.)

To whoever is removing my posts about Isobars: I'm taking screen shots now, of both my posts, and the Iso posts that I'm linking to. You might not care, but there will be a public outing. It's one thing that you haven't removed him from the forum despite the requests (I get it...you believe he's a draw and good for business.) It's quite another when you delete criticism.

noshuzbluz wrote:
PeconicPuffin wrote:

Me too. Maybe its our avatar pics of us actually sailing.

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not April, so its not April Fools Day......

this thread must be a joke of some sort

Puffin, I could have been in peace. now I need a beer, oh every cloud has its silver lining

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right peconic puffin, there's something unfair going on. One of my posts was deleted too. This is not the first occasion either, and it's always about protecting isobars from criticism. Yet, unbelievably, isobars gets away with insults and lies about many folks here all the time. How often has he made of mess of things and the Northwest moderator looks the other way?

No doubt that this post will be deleted too, but at least the truth will stand for a while.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: