myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailworks Adjustable Outhaul Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darbonne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Sailworks Adjustable Outhaul Question Reply with quote

Used my new Sailworks AOH yesterday for the first time. It was easy to install and tune. I do have a long piece of extra line on the OH loop after I tied it to the block at the correct length. should I trim off the excess? Or I could tie two rather long bowline knots to each block to take up the slack. Also thought about a small lightweight clip of some sort to attach the line to each block so I don't have to tie it on every time. One of the things I like about the Sailworks kit is it doesn't have any bulky hardware attached to the boom.
rangerider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one, I let the extra flap around at the front blocks. It flops around a little but I figure if I don't cut it then I will have enough for a 11-12m sail and formula boom if necessary in the future. I would only cut it if I was sure I wasn't getting a bigger sail - if you are not then why not cut off the extra line.
Darbonne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks for he reply. Wanted to see what others have done with the extra. I really don't like having 2 ft of line dangling off my boom. It didn't get tangled, but it looks sloppy.
Brian_S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbonne,
I have the line length set for the largest sail that I use with that boom - in my case a 9.5m2. I use my 8.0 m2 much more often, and just throw a couple half hitches in to take up any extra line - which isn't very much going from 9.5m2 to 8m2.
Brian
www.miwindsurfing.com
vikingsail

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion I have is to take a length of shock cord and run it from the attachment point at the boom and run it back to the end of the adjustment strap so you can always grab the strap easly insteac of trying to grab the adjustment strap as it waves in the wind.

P08423112ms.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.58 KB
 Viewed:  15214 Time(s)

P08423112ms.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: