myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Another voice of rationalization--or apologist for insensitivity--is heard from:

some of his assumptions were "cringe-worthy."
Quote:

Now there's a fine distinction to be proud of. Racism, v. 2.0.

Nope...........doesn't make sense even when repeated.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what happened, in a Wall Street nutshell. Bruce Levinson, who made some insensitive, maybe not racist comment a couple years ago. Donald Sterling , made some really racist comments a couple months ago. People thought that his forced sale was unfair because it was HIS property and he can do whatever he wants...and it would fetch a weak price....WRONG!! Steve Balmer chipped off a couple shares of Mr Softy and bought the thing for $2B , 4X the next highest price EVER for an NBA franchise.
Fast forward to today. Mr. Levenson, being a crafty businessman , who wants out of the miserable Hawks, decides, because he is guilt ridden... yeah right, that he must make the comments public....maybe I too, can get the Sterling treatment and sell , in a fury, and get a hyped up price.
The only problem is that Atlanta is the worst sports town in America, and the Hawks stink.
Mr G....I'm on line at the Apple event, do you want me to grab you an iPhone 6?
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beyond the pale, again:

Quote:
In a couple of days you will have an opportunity to recall 3000 of those people being murdered.

To repeat, I had a friend, who worked on environmental issues for the Port of New York New Jersey, in the WTC during both bombings. She survived both. I read with great interest the news reports of the first trial, and the determination of Al Queda to again bomb the WTC as the symbol of American financial hegemony. I did not know until after the second bombing that George Bush had essentially denied access to his office to the expert on terrorism--despite the first bombing, the clear warnings in the trial, the Cole bombing, and the interception of many threats in the month leading up to September 11.

Tell me again about how the Republicans are tough and Obama is a wimp. The facts do not support any view other than the Republicans are beholden to arms manufacturers who make money on outdated technology from the last failed military effort.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, At last, an analysis from you with which I agree! To his credit, SWC saw through it from the outset also. It's pretty obvious. Levinson is counting on cries of outrage from those who constantly search out reasons to be angry to "force" him out of a dud team with a big profit. Useful idiots.

No thanks on the iPhone 6. The shiny new toy crowd will be breathlessly lining the streets for a new version in a couple of months. I'll get the 6 then. Levinson has nothing on these guys when it comes to exploiting the gullible.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two puzzling posts from Berkeley. Perhaps someone had better pop round to check on him.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any conservatives here are making that point Mac. Any president can waive his hand and fire missile's. I'm sure most conservatives here would agree that neither Bush or Obama were "leaders of men". I think it is the Military Industrial Complex, combined with war mongers on either side of the aisle who set the middle east on fire.

It is this pathetic president and his predecessor's lack of common military and leadership sense, along with many members of congress who've failed us.

Animals like Putin are only too eager to take advantage of this weak president. Talk about racist? On Putin's birthday, they had a laser show on the Kremlin wall, of Obama eating a banana and looking like a monkey. Now that's racist, and that tells you how Putin feels about Obama.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I don't think any conservatives here are making that point Mac. Any president can waive his hand and fire missile's. I'm sure most conservatives here would agree that neither Bush or Obama were "leaders of men". I think it is the Military Industrial Complex, combined with war mongers on either side of the aisle who set the middle east on fire.

It is this pathetic president and his predecessor's lack of common military and leadership sense, along with many members of congress who've failed us.

Animals like Putin are only too eager to take advantage of this weak president. Talk about racist? On Putin's birthday, they had a laser show on the Kremlin wall, of Obama eating a banana and looking like a monkey. Now that's racist, and that tells you how Putin feels about Obama.

that was just so stupid..., Putin started his expansion with absolutely no reply from Bush in Georgia. Bush set the doctrine on that one. The Bush doctrine is when Putin takes, bush will kiss yourr ash and do nothing was his policy.

Next gee I can shoot a laser show anywhere in the USA of putin on his high horse on Obamas birthday and that does not mean the government did it. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

but the point being the Bush doctrine of russia is I saw into his eyes and he is a good man that Putan.

Last edited by real-human on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
pueno wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:

Some might argue that not much has changed, except now the terrorists secure access to energy supply by force.

Others might suggest that today's American terrorists wear three-piece suits and sit on Wall Street.

so true..

i concur...

mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--on those occasions when you make sense and I could agree with you:

Quote:
I think it is the Military Industrial Complex, combined with war mongers on either side of the aisle who set the middle east on fire.

your irrational hatred of Obama blinds you to the very real differences between Obama and Bush. Bush wanted no part of the response to terrorism that is actually required. It is not conventional warfare in that no state is directly involved that can be conquered militarily. Instead, tactics of asymmetrical warfare are suggested by the best thinkers in military strategy.

The military, dating back at least to the Civil War, ensures that the best bureaucrats, not the best leaders, gravitate to the top. Finding the right generals who look forward to how military and security issues present themselves today, not backward to what didn't work (e.g. in Vietnam, or Korea) but might if you just tried a little harder, is hard.

Rumsfeld got it, but was a miserable excuse for a human being. The challenge in responding to 9/11 was whether we could destroy Bin Laden's network without creating far more new terrorists. Bush and Cheney didn't even comprehend that. Obama renewed the search for Bin Laden, found him, and he was killed as a symbol of success. Obama has also practiced far more effectively the asymmetric approach with multiple drone strikes, far in excess of what occurred under Bush. It hasn't worked, and we need to develop some understanding of why.

Generals without a clue will just ask for more toys for grown-up boys, and sell the old ones to places like Ferguson. Those tools work for proxy wars, like in the eastern part of the Ukraine, but have long term limitations. Obama may not have pursued political solutions in the right way--obviously few are in hand--but at least he has been smart enough to see that the issues are more political than military.

But arms manufacturers make money every time the military buys a new bomb to replace one that was just dropped. Lots of money. How many of them are in Virginia? Don't worry, the governor will make sure that everything that goes on is ethical and legal.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
But arms manufacturers make money every time the military buys a new bomb to replace one that was just dropped. Lots of money. How many of them are in Virginia? Don't worry, the governor will make sure that everything that goes on is ethical and legal.

Boggsy and Berkeley both right on the same day!! Who'da thunk it? The Democrat Governor of Virginia is indeed an unethical sleazebag

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/22/1112555/-Terry-McAuliffe-everything-that-s-wrong-with-America#
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 97 of 457

Jump to: