myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Nikolas Kristof has an interesting piece in the NY Times about racism.

"Research in the last couple of decades suggests that the problem is not so much overt racists. Rather, the larger problem is a broad swath of people who consider themselves enlightened, who intellectually believe in racial equality, who deplore discrimination, yet who harbor unconscious attitudes that result in discriminatory policies and behavior."

Read the whole article at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/opinion/nicholas-kristof-is-everyone-a-little-bit-racist.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

I am of the position he this writer should have been fired from the NYT for his support of the Bush illegal invasion of Iraq. Because of that his analysis needs to be taken case by case. In this case he is again not connecting the dots like the iraq invasion..., his research he points to is just not directly correlated to his premise. again who said that doctors, school administrators police do not have overt racists in them. He is somehow connecting educated with being not racist. I am not aware of any study that racists are not educated. I have seen much it is passed on by the family. Just look at Germany pre ww2. Lots of doctors lawyers enforcement military education were racists. That he did not look at that point is telling of why he was a Iraq supporter and as I said he should be fired just from that alone.

techno900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker,

I grew up in the Valley, in Los Angeles. Plenty of Blacks, Asians and Hispanics in my high school.

We were all "race conscious", and probably some racism. If my school of 3000 (maybe 15% black) played one of the "mostly black" inner city schools in the LA City system for an away game, we simply didn't go. We were afraid, justified or not. At least out parents were afraid, and they made the rules.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
Right wing family values?

GT,
Surely you weren't expecting a rational response from bajaDean? Silly me, of course not!

troll post added nothing to the discussion just his patented no examples facts.

I think your stupid "right wing family values" comment trumps any troll post any day.
Congradulations on a blatantly bigoted post.

Too funny, you think.... must have been a big day. Once again your conclusions are just ignorant.

Sorry as a Canadian you seem to not understand about the right wing in the USA as much as I do. They promote their brand as the family values brand. Inferring the dems are not. And thus me debunking that brand is not bigotry, I am just looking for equality on their "core brand" IE dems platform never claimed the core of the dem are above the right wing.

so according to your weird way of thinking you are saying because they the republican brand, claim to be the family values; that all right wingers are bigots?

mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back, the righties made a number of comments that seem to have based on leaked information from the Ferguson police and their friends, attacking Brown as a thug. None of them bothered to wait for actual reporting. Well, it is in:

Quote:
A Missouri court official said Wednesday that Ferguson police-shooting victim Michael Brown was never convicted of a serious A-level or B-level felony as a juvenile and was not facing any charges at the time of his death, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Wednesday. It's unknown if he was ever charged with any lesser offenses.

The newspaper is one of two media outlets that went to court to force the release of any juvenile criminal records that might exist for the 18-year-old killed Aug. 9 by a police officer. The court has not decided whether to release the full record, but the official did give a few details during the hearing.

Police have said Brown, who was unarmed when he was shot, did not have an adult criminal record — but juvenile records in the state are sealed so it was unclear if he had any run-ins with the law when he was younger.

The Post-Dispatch petitioned for the release after Brown's death sparked days of protests and reignited national debate on race and police tactics, saying it sought to "report facts and not rely on innuendo or speculation." A separate request was filed by Charles C. Johnson, a conservative journalist with an online news site.

Meanwhile, a grand jury investigating the shooting is meeting for the third time on Wednesday.

Hmm. Trial by innuendo. Don;t admit any facts that don't meet your biases. Applies to both left and right.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, those opinions were based on the vid of the strong arm shop lifting, and that alone, not some conjured up past record, or even worse, just because he was black.
But the article you posted is correct, regardless of your interpretation of it.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
If I remember correctly, those opinions were based on the vid of the strong arm shop lifting, and that alone, not some conjured up past record, or even worse, just because he was black.
But the article you posted is correct, regardless of your interpretation of it.

really, I thought the right wingers were for lynching him even before the police released the video. Oh shoot they did...

nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes We weren't even talking about that part. Rolling Eyes

But have your giddy-up anyway. Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHEHjaSYro

I think instead of sending troops to Iraq, we send troops to Chicago and Detroit. I don't see any Tea Partiers doing this kind of shit. Wake up Lefty's.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

I think instead of sending troops to Iraq, we send troops to Chicago and Detroit. I don't see any Tea Partiers doing this kind of shit. Wake up Lefty's.

Regarding "troops"... you do realize, of course, that only the National Guard and the Coast Guard can be used inside the US... don't you?

Maybe the Teabaggers and you don't realize that.

(reference: Posse Comitatus Act)

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

Regarding "troops"... you do realize, of course, that only the National Guard and the Coast Guard can be used inside the US... don't you?

Maybe the Teabaggers and you don't realize that.

(reference: Posse Comitatus Act)

reading more than one line/issue in the laws and constitution is past their pay grade, so they can not get past the single second amendment or their heads explode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 91 of 457

Jump to: