myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:

Oh puuuullllease!?!?! And you think that Democrats wouldn't be saying the same type of BS about Romney if he was president (or of Bush in the past)?....

...and...

This "hate" label is about the stupidest and most digusting tactic possible....

...and...

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.....really how many people, groups, organizations, etc. can you think of that you HATE?....

...and...

Give yourself a test today...walk around and look at the world you live in, keep track of how many things you look at that urk you somehow....that "tramp stamp" on the young ladies back, the super short skirt, the news that someone is getting divorced, the giant holes in that young man's ears, that sleeve tattoo, the smokers standing outside the hospital entrance, the guy who blows his grass clippings onto the road to end up in the storm sewer, the guy you know cheating his taxes, the homeless guy, the baggy pants hanging off that young man's butt, that truck spewing out that diesel cloud......etc. You passed judgement on all those people? It bothers you what they do? Do you hate them?

Nice rant.

I love it. Very Happy

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Personal information what? You think I have your dental records? You ARE paranoid, aren't you?
You still didn't answer how I support racist. I want to see if how you support your claim. Calling someone a whiny baby.....etc, supports the claim? BTW, "measuring dicks" is a figure of speech referring to your "good ol' day" accolades. Stuck in the past much? Common with crotchety old farts.

Question:
Are YOU the "good" people you refer to in your sig' line? I sure hope not!

deleted by me

Last edited by real-human on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:

Oh puuuullllease!?!?! And you think that Democrats wouldn't be saying the same type of BS about Romney if he was president (or of Bush in the past)?....

...and...

This "hate" label is about the stupidest and most digusting tactic possible....

...and...

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.....really how many people, groups, organizations, etc. can you think of that you HATE?....

...and...

Give yourself a test today...walk around and look at the world you live in, keep track of how many things you look at that urk you somehow....that "tramp stamp" on the young ladies back, the super short skirt, the news that someone is getting divorced, the giant holes in that young man's ears, that sleeve tattoo, the smokers standing outside the hospital entrance, the guy who blows his grass clippings onto the road to end up in the storm sewer, the guy you know cheating his taxes, the homeless guy, the baggy pants hanging off that young man's butt, that truck spewing out that diesel cloud......etc. You passed judgement on all those people? It bothers you what they do? Do you hate them?

Nice rant.

I love it. Very Happy

yes not long ago asked him if http://www.splcenter.org/what-we-do/hate-and-extremism was a hate group with his really strange definition of hate... He has not been able to respond if the believes they are.

What is funny I supported Bush 1 and liked him; hated reygun, after Bush 1 left office I found some things about him that lowered my opinion of him greatly. And when Bush 2 took office he had a about HUGE percent approval rating even before 9-11 (which to that time his first 9 months in office he set the record for vacation time) even after the stealing of the election with his chad mobile. (his largest contributor was Enron his buddy using his jets to fly the thieves around Florida with the private jet) Note how the biggest corporate theif ENRON at the time in the history of the USA and contributor to Bush there was not a independent council appointed for 8 years of impeachment hearings. Notice how the dems did not have impeachment hearings for Nixon for unbelievable crimes. Just listen to Nixons tapes of him having his arab oil buddies set up funds to silence his cronies and much more.

Now Bush2 even though it is clear with his enron criminal they stole the election, had high initial approval ratings. The black man takes office and there are 400% more death threats before he even steps into office.

Last edited by real-human on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to another day of "Housewife of Baja". I wonder how long your reality show would last.

I have a picture of you, do I? Based upon what do you make this claim? I bet you never noticed that drone I have tracking you, or have you? Look up today, you'll see it, or maybe not?

Did I ask you to start listing your achievements in recent years? Putting words in people's mouths, is this another part of your MO? I never asked for your present day success, but believe it or not, I am happy for you.

Oh ya, and your link there. Yes they are a hate group. My low level brain function can comprehend that fact. I understand everything quite well, thank you. You know who else I think is a hate group? The nut jobs at Westboro Baptist Church. I am able to discern that they do not represent Baptists or Christians alike, much like I discern that you inaccurately represent liberals. Are you capable of such discernment?

Talk about not answering questions: Can you understand that your ignorant unfounded accusations and attachment of hate and racism is another form of bigotry / prejudice / hate?

When a person disagrees with Obama's policies this makes them a racist because a bunch of morons make death threats against him?

I'm beginning to understand why some won't negotiate with terrorists. Fortunately I'm not willing to finance them either. Are you looking for donations? Is this what this is all about? < You like that bizzarre twist? I stole it from your handbook, except I don't actually mean it.

Like GT said, I'm not an American. Screw it, let your country go to hell in a hand basket. You want to gnaw away at one another go ahead. I've got it really nice here. If only I could figure out a way that it didn't influence our culture so much.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Welcome to another day of "Housewife of Baja".

I have a picture of you, do I? Based upon what do you make this claim? I bet you never noticed that drone I have tracking you, or have you? Look up today, you'll see it, or maybe not?

Did I ask you to start listing your achievements in recent years? Putting words in people's mouths, is this another part of your MO? I never asked for your present day success, but believe it or not, I am happy for you.

Oh ya, and your link there. Yes they are a hate group. My low level brain function can comprehend that fact. I understand everything quite well, thank you. You know who else I think is a hate group? The nut jobs at Westboro Baptist Church. I am able to discern that they do not represent Baptists or Christians alike, much like I discern that you are inaccurately represent liberals. Are you capable of such discernment?

Talk about not answering questions: Can you understand that your ignorant unfounded accusations and attachment of hate and racism is another form of bigotry / prejudice / hate?

I'm beginning to understand why some won't negotiate with terrorists. Fortunately I'm not willing to finance them either. Are you looking for donations? Is this what this is all about? < You like that bizzarre twist? I stole it from your handbook, except I don't actually mean it.

Yes I see people who support racism, Bin Laden, McVeighs,anthrax mailers, Hitler, KKK, slave owners, child molesters, torturers, IE the worst of all crimes on humanity. And those who do put them in jail or try to stop them, or dish out justice like judges and juries are haters.

you believe that seeking justice is wrong and no penalty should be levied to those who start it.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:

you believe that seeking justice is wrong and no penalty should be levied to those who start it.

Is that a question, or an accusation? A question would be "do you.....(followed by) ?"

IF - it's an accusation: then screw you!

IF - it's a question: then I'm on the same page as you, and think that justice is not wrong and that penalties should be levied. I can't wait for Pope Francis to start putting his money where his mouth is and bring all those child molesters they've been harbouring to justice. < Notice I didn't blame the whole Catholic Church right down to the little old lady on her knees in the pews.

Feel free to answer my questions now.
AND specifically:
How do you feel about attaching "hate" to people who simply do not share the same opinion?
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta pop me some popcorn, this is turning out to be a pretty good movie.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the over the top comments by Baja, RR, and NW, it is more interesting what is not said. First, surveys show that racial animosity remains an undercurrent in America, particularly in the South. People rarely use overtly racist terms like the "N" word, even in private, but many remain prejudice and aware of their biases. However, most people that hold such prejudices would not, at the end of the day, vote for or against a presidential candidate solely on that basis.

So the warring posts on this forum claim that their disagreement with Obama is based on policy rather than racism. Perhaps true; slurs like BB's "Obongo" are rare. On the other hand, while many conservatives on this forum say that they have the right to criticize Obama, that criticism is rarely specific, and almost never acknowledges the fact that many of the policies that they criticize were established by predecessor presidents. So much of the "criticism" consists of ad hominem attacks, which portray Obama as the "other" and unworthy of respect. Specific criticism, using moderate language and identifying alternative policies that they would favor, is rare--calling into question the lack of bias claimed by the attackers.

What is not so rare is the toleration of racism, both in the Republican Party, and in the conscious political messaging that the Party uses. While overt bigots in this country may only be 2 to 5% of the population, they lean predominately conservative--and the Republican Party knows that it cannot win without them. That means they tolerate the overt bigots, and with selected messages, appeal to them in order to galvanize them to vote.

This is apparent with the Willie Horton ads attacking Dukakis on behalf of Bush I (http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1842516_1842514_1842557,00.html), the Obama phone attacks posted here by those who claim they lack racial animus, or the anti-gay campaigns used by the Republicans to increase turnout in purple states.

It is ironic--irony clearly lost on the conservatives ranting above--that these campaign strategies all rely on hatred. Don't take my word for it, here's what the Bush-appointed judge said about Proposition 8 in California:

Quote:
Proposition 8 fails to advance any rational basis in singling out gay men and lesbians for denial of a marriage license. Indeed the evidence shows Proposition 8 does nothing more than enshrine in the California constitution the notion that opposite sex couples are superior to same sex couples.

This tolerance, and indeed rationalization shows up here. It has been said that bullies, when confronted with their behavior and its effects, claim that the bullied are just too sensitive. How that comment resonates in NW's comment that finding "Obango" offensive is not that it is offensive, but that those who are offended are just too sensitive. Wrong, NW, you are wrong to apologize for overt slurs. You are enabling the bigotry that persists in this country, whether you actively subscribe to it or not.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I gotta pop me some popcorn, this is turning out to be a pretty good movie.

Yeah, but we've seen it 17 times awreddy.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good post mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 10 of 457

Jump to: