myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja Dean.

The racial situation in America bears little relevance to our problem, where our 'authorities' are all 'bending over backwards' (police, social services, councils, political parties) so as not to be seen to offend or criticise the 'imported' cultural practices of our multicultural ethnic minorities, especially where religion (read Muslim) is involved.

My only purpose was to expose the way you singled out the police for their behaviour while ignoring the multicultural 'elephant in the room.'
Your American centric dismissal of our complex multicultural diversity problems is (to coin a phrase) 'beyond your pay grade.'

I don't wish to intrude on American affairs, so will add no further.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Baja Dean.

The racial situation in America bears little relevance to our problem, where our 'authorities' are all 'bending over backwards' (police, social services, councils, political parties) so as not to be seen to offend or criticise the 'imported' cultural practices of our multicultural ethnic minorities, especially where religion (read Muslim) is involved.

My only purpose was to expose the way you singled out the police for their behaviour while ignoring the multicultural 'elephant in the room.'
Your American centric dismissal of our complex multicultural diversity problems is (to coin a phrase) 'beyond your pay grade.'

I don't wish to intrude on American affairs, so will add no further.

Yes this thread is racism in America. I commented on the posters who posted the UK article as somehow relevant to the RACISM IN AMERICA. you have now agreed it does not. Thanks for backing up specifically what I said. I challenged the poster to back up how this child abuse in the UK had didly with RACISM IN AMERICA. then you said I did not understand,, hahahah it apparently went past your paygrade.

Note the poster and no one has shown how the police in UK allowing children in the UK being raped and abused has to do with RACISM IN THE USA..............

Again as I said the closest link I can find is how american churches and police allowed the church to systematically do similar all through US history. Not a racial issue just sickening.

But it does have an issue with the usa, how blacks were raped by their owners and when slavery ended by their plantation owners. Not only raped but murdered. In front of their kids and no charges.

a pathetic example of this is still to this day a hero of the republican party. Senator Strom Thurmond. Re raped his familys housekeeper, yes a black child had to work for his family as a servant/housekeeper and he raped her in his 20s. He had a child from this child rape. He being such a racist to the day he died would never allow her to say she was his daughter, never had a dinner with her in her entire life. Again this was his daughter, and never allowed her or his grand kids to say they were his grandkids. again this low life rapist child molester racist is a hero to the right wingers to this day.

where he lived the police would never charge him.

Now that is right wing family values....

now that is the closest connection I can make to racism to the USA.

Last edited by real-human on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right wing family values?

GT,
Surely you weren't expecting a rational response from bajaDean? Silly me, of course not!
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:

GT,
Surely you weren't expecting a rational response from bajaDean? Silly me, of course not!

troll post added nothing to the discussion just his patented no examples facts.

nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bD, be sure that you don't mention the past of Senator Robert Byrd, a hero of the democrat party, former member of the KKK, in fact when it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.
Don't mention him, you wouldn't your message to get confused.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
bD, be sure that you don't mention the past of Senator Robert Byrd, a hero of the democrat party, for member of the KKK, in fact when it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.
Don't mention him, you wouldn't your message to get confused.
Sure you want my take on it. Do you believe people can ever reform?

Well as we know racism is a learned trait/behaviour. Byrd lived in an era of the south where his father was a racist. And as taught in his family and community he was also a racist.

Guess what he has changed, to the point he has said he was wrong. And apologized. And is now a person who champions and is embraced by his black constituents. Who knows better you or the racist right wingers or his constituents that he receives their vote. Gee,, in an idiots mind the right wing know better than the black person on who is or isn't a racist.

As long as the blacks support him I believe he broke the cycle of hate he was brought up on. That in itself is quite remarkable.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:

GT,

troll post added nothing to the discussion just his patented no examples facts.

I think your stupid "right wing family values" comment trumps any troll post any day.
Congradulations on a blatantly bigoted post.

Last edited by KGB-NP on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
pointster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikolas Kristof has an interesting piece in the NY Times about racism.

"Research in the last couple of decades suggests that the problem is not so much overt racists. Rather, the larger problem is a broad swath of people who consider themselves enlightened, who intellectually believe in racial equality, who deplore discrimination, yet who harbor unconscious attitudes that result in discriminatory policies and behavior."

Read the whole article at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/opinion/nicholas-kristof-is-everyone-a-little-bit-racist.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poinster, good post and I agree with the opinion. I would add that the there are probably far more "overt" racist on the conservative side than the progressive side. However, I would not suggest that the same is true for those
Quote:
who harbor unconscious attitudes that result in discriminatory policies and behavior.
as suggested in the article. Too bad the research didn't include political affiliations in the studies.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those from the South are most likely to harbor unconscious racial attitudes because of the many subtle clues they are exposed to in daily life.
Many in the west never saw a person of color growing up except on TV in those entirely white suburban towns.
My high school of 3000 students had three black kids. Two had doctor fathers and the other had a lawyer father and mother. Not in my grade so they didn't exist to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 90 of 457

Jump to: