myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Obama called a rascist here and elsewhere.
Maddox comes to mind, but he died.
You see the you tube of the ranting racist Missouri officer working the case?
They removed him along with the officer who said protesters should be killed like rabid dogs.
Two otherMissouri officers on that case have been removed for racism as well.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see GT, they just don't get it. They can't wrap their minds around the notion that a constant bombardment of accusations of racism, regardless of merit, changes people's behavior over time. People have become reluctant to call out bad judgment, or even appalling behavior in people of color because someone will shout racism. The despicable outcome can clearly be seen in this UK case. The usual suspects here contribute to this type of outcome while wallowing in sanctimony.

Like you, I am outraged, and I hope you are right that there will be some serious action to eradicate the PC crap that enabled this perversion.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
the Ferguson policeman was admonishing teens for jaywalking.

If that's all you know about the reports of this case, your opinions are even less valid than mine.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with GT. This is uncalled for and destructive.
I recall in my childhood constant accusations of racism against both black and white people. Many turned out to be justified.
The partGybe doesn't get is that there is an important difference between constantly charging racism if it is true.
Several officers in the Ferguson case have been removed for recordings they made in which they show blatant racism.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? I'll wait for a more persuasive argument based on reality that shows that this comment:

Quote:
a constant bombardment of accusations of racism, regardless of merit, changes people's behavior over time

is something other than a rationalization for tolerating intolerance by your political allies.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
CORRECTION. (In case anybody takes Baja Deans half truth dismissal of what has happened over here seriously.)

Our police are petrified of charges of racism and Islamaphobia, especially in towns with large Pakistani Muslim communities. To avoid such they dismissed and discredited complaints and charges made by young white 'lower class' troublesome girls and their families, and who were the prey.

Everybody is at fault here, police, social services, councillers, and MP's, all of whom worshiped at the shrine of multi cultural diversity, and were afraid to speak the truth.

But the PRIME offenders are the Pakistani Muslim men whose culture sees 'lower class' and poor young white girls as WHITE TRASH (their terminology) fit only to serve their sexual desires. Naturally, the Pakistani community is in denial, and claim to know nothing of what has been going on under their own noses.)

If what I say is in anger, then it IS. It is what most (including non Pakistani ethnic groups) feel. The revulsion is widespresd, and there will clearly be action!

are you kidding, this relates to racism in america how? hahahahahah come on

again this article is just pathetic and disgusting that your police would do nothing about a rape of children. Absolutely no dismissal of the pathetic nature of this show me where I said that. But it is apples and oranges to racism in America. This smells to me similar to the Churches in the USA and abuse of poor kids that was covered up in the past.

Next, note your police did not shoot the alleged perpetrators on the spot did they. They shook hands and told them to carry on raping. Are you saying the racist police should be shooting blacks for jay walking? Or selling cigarettes?

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Every kid in school should have to watch this.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certainly people who don't get it, and don't appear to have any interest in the role of race and racial inequality. It is not entirely coincidental that some of them also repeat the slur "Obango", or insist that it is not a racial slur.

There are, in fact, two types of behaviors in America that have disproportionate impacts on minorities. Let's call them traditional racism, and racism version 2.0. Under traditional racism, African American's couldn't attend the better public schools, eat at Woolworth's, or sit at the front of the bus. Bigotry of this sort is on the wane in the United States, although it could be found at the edges of the early Tea Party rallies, along with whining about "I want my country back."

There is another, more subtle and insidious form of racism that can be found in activities like that in East Baton Rouge, described in detail in the PBS Front Line special.

Quote:
During the premiere of the PBS Frontline special, "Separate and Unequal," focusing on the incorporation movement of southern East Baton Rouge Parish, viewers expressed their dismay, enthusiasm and desperation on Twitter.

The special focused on the demographic– specifically racial and class differences– of the group organizing the incorporation and of the people who would remain in the parish outside the proposed incorporation boundaries.

I believe that most of the people trying to incorporate as a new city and school district in East Baton Rouge are motivated by a belief that they need to act to improve the schools that their children attend. I don't think that racial animus is their fundamental motive, or in most cases, even enters the picture. But the question in discrimination, in this case, in the Treyvon Martin Case, the Brown Case in Missouri, in efforts to create special identification systems in order to vote, is whether the impacts are equal. Quite simply, they are not. Motive matters not at all if the impact is prejudicial, and the activity increases inequality.

The people who don't get that are the people who aren't willing to face that fact, and realize it should have some impact on public policy. They are often the same people who will automatically side with the police in the shooting of a minority, and quote liberally on this forum the information leaked by the police and their friends. I expect most of those people are motivated by their identification with "lawn order", the predilection of the right for authoritarian figures is well established by social research. But the impact is unequal. As in one poster comparing a white kid waving a gun, and shot by a cop, to a black kid fighting on a BART train, or jaywalking, or selling cigarettes without a permit, and shot by a cop.

The authoritarian instincts of conservatives have, in fact, racially discriminatory effects that is at the heart of this discussion--and ignored by those who grasp desperately at a situation in Northern England to blame liberals. The incarceration rate for black men in the United States is startling--1 in 3. For white men, 1 in 17. I would imagine that disparity would be reduced somewhat if we used poverty rather than race as the metric. But for anyone to know this statistic, and the experience of every black male, innocent or guilty, in cities like Ferguson, and complain about political correctness and overuse of the term racism, is sheer madness.

To probe a little deeper into the disparity, examine the difference in sentencing for possession or sale of powder cocaine and crack cocaine.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd quickly end the divide by cutting welfare in half, making youthful offenders join the military for 1 year, drug test welfare recipients, minimize drug sentencing for small quantities, and promoting work ethic in all youth.

No one should be coddled, nor should their special circumstances be a reason for guilt. Basic conformity to societal norms should be expected. Unlike you Mac, I believe any black man from any circumstance can rise up to be the most powerful man on the planet.....without my help.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--wasn't this your post:

Quote:
A black police officer shot a young unarmed white youth last week in Utah. Almost identical circumstance as the Brown case. Except the white kid hadn't just robbed a store. Kid is dead, but no Sharpton,

where you left out the part of the kid carrying the gun? And weren't you the one quoting the police officers from Ferguson? What right wing site sent you the information?

Don't put words in my mouth, or practice false logic--

Quote:
Unlike you Mac, I believe any black man from any circumstance can rise up to be the most powerful man on the planet

I said nothing of the sort. Black men and women of all colors overcome discrimination to achieve. Achievement doesn't mean that there is no racism, and it is sad that you don't understand that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 89 of 457

Jump to: