myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe stands tall above us and has many of the answers because of his vast experience as CEO of many large organizations, but would not stoop to revealing them because some here with facts like pueno would correct him.
I understand the feeling.
I hang with very bright people and gotta be careful blowing off my mouth, too.
I proved here at times.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Apparently not... Nice cop-out Mr. Gybe .... Fart in the church then run for the exit. I for one , would love to hear what such a distinguished gentleman would have done differently.

OK......I'll bite......briefly. I would not have expended massive political capital to bulldoze through a complete overhaul of an industry I clearly didn't understand while the economy was in disarray. However, having done so, and held it out as my signature achievement, I wouldn't have handed over the task of implementing that overhaul to unproven bureaucrats without rigorously overseeing their progress. I would also not have arbitrarily changed the law dozens of times to compensate for incompetent design/ implementation and leave the business community utterly confused. I would also have not threatened or introduced a stream of regulation and taxes which left the business community even more wary of investing or hiring. I would have spent so-called stimulus money on infrastructure projects, not on propping up the overblown budgets of local governments. I would have sent a strong signal to overseas investors that the US is a place to do business by making an expeditious decision, one way or another, on the Keystone pipeline and not so transparently playing politics. I would have negotiated a residual force in Iraq to assist with its stability and not whine that I was incapable of swaying a weak and corrupt leader. As the most powerful man on earth, I would not have drawn red lines unless I was serious. I would have made it clear by my actions that private businesses are the lifeblood of this country and not the enemy to be routinely disparaged. I would not insult the opposing party every time I have a microphone in front of me and then moan that they won't play with me. I would allow drilling in ANWAR and offshore US. I would lower the corporate tax rate and give an accelerated deduction for the purchase of capital goods manufactured in this country. I would give tax break for repatriation of profits held overseas. I would put forward concrete proposals for SS reform including raising the retirement age......not wishy washy platitudes. I would introduce concrete proposals for reforming the tax code.........not wishy washy platitudes and attacks on the "1%". .......and on and on.

There we are Boggsy. In a five minute post I have put forward more ideas than your entire body of work on this forum and given half a dozen liberals something to stew about for the next couple of days. I'm off to do something useful.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that wasn't so hard. And you might have even been taken more seriously if you hadn't finished with this astonishingly arrogant--and inaccurate--tag:

Quote:
In a five minute post I have put forward more ideas than your entire body of work on this forum and given half a dozen liberals something to stew about for the next couple of days.

Some of that actually fell within the arena of legitimate criticism. Of course, you were just as arrogant with your comment about the stimulus as you were inaccurate in earlier postings:

Quote:
propping up the overblown budgets of local governments

Earlier you had claimed that the stimulus bill had created no jobs. Of course, the so called overblown budgets involved a large number of teachers, who mrgybe disses often.

So consider the politics just a little. I would also have favored a stimulus bill much more oriented towards construction jobs that have led the way out of recessions in the past. But it was necessary to get the votes, and at the end of the day the Republicans wouldn't play nicely in the playground, and the bill was driven by Democratic, rather than bi-partisan priorities. It is disingenuous for any supporter of the GOP to take no responsibility for that outcome.

See, that wasn't so hard, and if you'd actually been a little more polite, and not started with utter nonsense about filibuster proof myths, you might have actually stimulated some other response than scorn.

I could go on, and talk about what Obama actually put on the table in the way of reforming SS and Medicare--and the theological response of the GOP, but that is more of the same. Unless conservatives are actually willing to roll up their sleeves and cooperate, and accept that there are legitimate values on the part of the rest of American's, they will be disparaged as the party of no. Perhaps that is why the approval rating of Republicans in Congress is 22%--down from 30% in 2011. About what I scored mrgybe's response. http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You libs do know that this president spent money we didn't have by stealing it from little old ladies and savers who now earn zero on their life savings. Even with this wholesale theft from the 99%, we have a pathetically anemic economy that only produces minimum wage jobs for those who are stupid enough to work them.

All this while the rich get richer, and we continue to spend from our children's future, and the president continues to foment racial enmity.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian Johnson has now admitted that Michael Brown attacked Officer Wilson and attempted to take his gun. OFFICER WILSON WILL NOT BE CHARGED! This is scary. When this news is made official, we all have reason to be concerned about the reaction.
Read the whole story at: Liberty Unyielding
Sadly, this will not stop the violence in Ferguson and probably will exacerbate the situation because the guilt or innocence of Officer Wilson never mattered in the first place: You see, Wilson is white, Brown is black, and as Don King once famously uttered: “White + Black = Green”
..as in money.
Green for ABC, Jesse Jackson, Fox News, CNN, www.Whatever.com, all the race-baiters, charlatans and opportunists dressed like do-gooders who cash in “when whitey hunts down innocent inner-city black youth and murders with extreme prejudice..”
And in the meantime, black kid after black kid after black kid is mowed down in the streets by other black kids and nobody gives a shit – especially ABC, Jesse Jackson, Fox News, CNN, Whatever.com, all the race-baiters, charlatans and opportunists dressed like do-gooders cash in “when whitey hunts down innocent inner-city black youth and murders with extreme prejudice..”
I almost forgot our President, Barack Obama – who never met a crisis he didn’t love. Michael Brown came around just in time to divert things away from… what was the last scandal again?

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/08/michael-brown-game-changer-accomplice-chang/#HtjEPIOxFrVgh0G8.99
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haters hate. They don't do much else.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You mr Gybe
That wasn't so hard even though you just regurgitated Paul Ryan's monthly appearance on CNBC. I'm not a politician, and I don't know what it's like to have to govern, in any capacity. Overall, I'm fine with the administration.. Not great, not bad. What has transpired since 2009, from my prospective is quite amazing, so who am I to bitch and whine.
Every one of your ideas is an idea I've heard millions of times before, c'mon man...nothing new here...move along.
On another note, congrats on choosing the US...in spite of all the horrible things happening , the S&P sits an all time high... Pretty amazing and speaks volumes about this great land!only in America......
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
You libs do know that this president spent money we didn't have by stealing it from little old ladies and savers who now earn zero on their life savings. Even with this wholesale theft from the 99%, we have a pathetically anemic economy that only produces minimum wage jobs for those who are stupid enough to work them.

All this while the rich get richer, and we continue to spend from our children's future, and the president continues to foment racial enmity.

ZIRP started before Obama , c'mon
Steve go read about silicon alley. NYC has 300,000 tech jobs and could hire 50,000 tomorrow if the candidates existed. The notion that this economy is producing only low paying jobs is false. Don't tell Gilead, the worlds largest biotech company.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Every one of your ideas is an idea I've heard millions of times before, c'mon man...nothing new here...move along.

When you have something of value to say, please let me know. I'm always interested in seeing things occur for the first time.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And mrgybe wonders why people insult him? Faux politesse, the specialty of the British upper crust. Over toasted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 81 of 457

Jump to: