myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/donald-trump-i-alone-can-fix-it-coronavirus/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

Quote:

On July 21, 2016, Donald Trump formally became the Republican presidential nominee.

In his acceptance speech, Trump made this bold claim :
"I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people that cannot defend themselves. Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it."

mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/30/black-lives-matter-racist-town-video/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump America.

Quote:
By
Katie Mettler
August 3, 2020 at 12:44 p.m. PDT
It was a hot Thursday afternoon, so India Johnson, 26, and Yasmeen Winston, 25, decided to take their babies to splash in the fountains at the World War II Memorial. The women, best friends since seventh grade, parked on Constitution Avenue near the White House and prepared to walk to the Mall.

Their babies were in the back seat, Mother Goose Club was singing through the car speakers, and the mothers were digging around in diaper bags when they heard the crash and felt the jolt.

Johnson and Winston looked up. A Secret Service cruiser had driven into their front left bumper, Winston told The Washington Post. Within seconds, Winston recalled, a uniformed Secret Service officer was pointing a rifle at them, yelling “Get out!” and “Put your hands in the air!” More officers surrounded them with guns pulled, the women said.

Anti-racism: You may be doing it wrong. Here’s why.
In the last month, people in the U.S. have started to look more critically at how we deal with race and incorporate anti-racism into our everyday lives. (Maya Lin Sugarman/The Washington Post)
Over the next hour, Winston and Johnson said, they were handcuffed without reason, separated from their crying babies, and handled by police who, at first, did not wear masks to protect against the novel coronavirus.

The women are now demanding that the Secret Service investigate the encounter and publicly release details of the incident that, they said, made them fear for their lives and the safety of their children.

“This incident took place near our national monuments across from the White House,” their attorney, Timothy Maloney, wrote in the letter demanding an investigation to Secret Service Director James Murray over the weekend. “It occurred after eight weeks of unprecedented national demonstrations about excessive police conduct, some of which took place right there on Constitution Avenue. Has the Secret Service learned nothing this summer?”

Quote:
By
Tim Elfrink
August 4, 2020 at 3:09 a.m. PDT
As three former presidents gathered in Atlanta last week to offer stirring tributes to John Lewis, President Trump was absent. In an interview that aired Monday night, Trump had few kind words of his own for the former Democratic congressman and civil rights leader, who died July 17.

Asked by interviewer Jonathan Swan how history would remember Lewis’s contributions to the nation, Trump demurred.

“I don’t know. I don’t know John Lewis,” Trump said in the “Axios on HBO” interview. “He chose not to come to my inauguration.”

Three presidents embrace the struggle for rights. Trump suggests postponing the election.

Pressed by Swan on whether he found Lewis “impressive,” Trump was likewise noncommittal.

“I can’t say one way or another,” Trump said, before noting again that Lewis had skipped his inauguration and his State of the Union speeches, adding, “Nobody has done more for Black Americans than I have. He should have come. I think he made a big mistake.”
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I watch the news and occasionally see that someone has been shot or killed by the police, (the media will only report on blacks being shot by police, not whites) never have I heard the media state how the unfortunate incident could have been avoided ---- Simply, if the person/suspect/perpetrator had not resisted arrest or disobeyed the police directives! That's the number one important thing EVERYONE should do when dealing with the police, but the media won't go there. It makes me wonder why?

What does anyone think will happen when a person runs, disobeys, or physically resists arrest? Chased; wrestled to the ground; clubbed; tasered; choked; shot - pretty much the choice of the guy that is resisting depending on his/her actions.

No doubt that on occasion, the police go too far when confronted with a volatile situation, but that's extremely rare and they are commonly held accountable after all the facts are in.

Let's see: resist arrest with a 99% change that it won't work out well, or cooperate and do as the police say. Only those that are really bad guys; idiots; on drugs; or drunk will resist, and guess what, the ending is never good for those that make the wrong decision.

Every mother and dad in the US should insist that their kids - should always obey the police, no matter what. I have read that many black families do EXACTLY that. I assume that whites do too.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
As I watch the news and occasionally see that someone has been shot or killed by the police, (the media will only report on blacks being shot by police, not whites) never have I heard the media state how the unfortunate incident could have been avoided ---- Simply, if the person/suspect/perpetrator had not resisted arrest or disobeyed the police directives! That's the number one important thing EVERYONE should do when dealing with the police, but the media won't go there. It makes me wonder why?

What does anyone think will happen when a person runs, disobeys, or physically resists arrest? Chased; wrestled to the ground; clubbed; tasered; choked; shot - pretty much the choice of the guy that is resisting depending on his/her actions.

No doubt that on occasion, the police go too far when confronted with a volatile situation, but that's extremely rare and they are commonly held accountable after all the facts are in.

Let's see: resist arrest with a 99% change that it won't work out well, or cooperate and do as the police say. Only those that are really bad guys; idiots; on drugs; or drunk will resist, and guess what, the ending is never good for those that make the wrong decision.

Every mother and dad in the US should insist that their kids - should always obey the police, no matter what. I have read that many black families do EXACTLY that. I assume that whites do too.

Exactly what should we call the latest case of a southerner rationalizing the shooting of an unarmed black person?
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as I say or shoot you in the back 8 times with a .38 caliber.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno....easier said than done .
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your comments have nothing to do with my post. Speed in your car and risk getting a ticket. Resist arrest and risk getting shot.

It's a choice, do as you choose and don't cry about results. I know that the media won't mention the "don't resist" issue because it doesn't fit the BLM agenda.

Nor will the media mention the black on black killings because that too doesn't fit the BLM agenda.

Not looking at the big/complete picture means you have your head in the sand.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

It's very easy unless you are an idiot.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

It's very easy unless you are an idiot.

Says who? If you're a young AA male, who has seen 1/2 his buddies go to jail, maybe get shot , or die... A strong possibility that many of them were wrongfully convicted, or a case of mistaken identity...then you get arrested, and have no idea where it will lead? easier said than done. Its easy to say it from a computer, but I imagine its tougher in real life. Just like its easier said than done for a police officer to exercise prudent judgement when he is in harm's way.

Peanut gallery remarks really don't move the issues forward... but have at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 446 of 457

Jump to: