myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it racist to post this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7Nr3K5K_4

Just wanted to stay on topic
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Is it a lack of empathy because I did not comment about the four girls murdered? No.

Are you using that to deflect away from your noted hatred directed in a different manner? Yes.
wow, so are you saying the bosten tea party guys and the american founders were haters. So when anyone fights any kind of oppression they are haters in you book.

so a slave saying he wanted freedom not to be a slave is a hater too.

so a black person saying he should be able to ride in the front of a bus is a hater, eat at any restaurant is a hater.

you must love the about 46% of self identified right wingers who said a person today not 50 years ago should go to jail for marring someone outside of their race in a southern state.

Again this was not just they do not approve of them dating, this is GO TO JAIL for interracial marriage. I think we can conclude these are racists. and we can agree that the number who would say they just believe they should not be allowed to be married number vs go to jail would be a much higher rate. Thus it is my belief that the majority of the right wing people in that state that are racists if only 46% of the self identified want jail time.

and only 40% believe it should be legal. the other 60% we can pretty much agree they are racists.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/nearly-of-mississippi-republicans-think-interracial-marriage-should-be-illegal.php?ref=fpb

Nearly Half Of Mississippi Republicans Think Interracial Marriage Should Be Illegal
Quote:

Americans nationwide are evenly divided over the issue of same sex marriage. But Republicans in Mississippi are divided over a wholly different wedlock issue: interracial marriage.
In a PPP poll released Thursday, a 46% plurality of registered Republican voters said they thought interracial marriage was not just wrong, but that it should be illegal. 40% said interracial marriage should be legal.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a recent one about a church...

http://www.news.com.au/world/a-mississippi-couple-was-denied-marriage-because-they-were-black/story-fndir2ev-1226438137678
Quote:

A MISSISSIPPI couple was told by a pastor that they could not get married at their church because they were black.

Pastor Stan Weatherford told ABC television on Saturday that there had never been a wedding for blacks at the First Baptist Church in Crystal Springs, Mississippi, since it was opened in 1883.

He said some of the white congregation so virulently opposed the wedding of Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson, who are black, that they threatened to have him fired.

Mr Weatherford, a pastor who is white, offered to wed the Wilsons down the road at a mostly black church, he told the network.

mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven bard asks:

A sensitive guy like you knows the answer. Maybe you should ask the Mississippi minister?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know I said and thought all that. Grasping at straws as usual I see. Last week while I helped out at homeless shelter in Toronto I don't recall any of that going through my head. I never got a tax receipt for that either nor did I want one.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
I didn't know I said and thought all that. Grasping at straws as usual I see. Last week while I helped out at homeless shelter in Toronto I don't recall any of that going through my head. I never got a tax receipt for that either nor did I want one.
while not diminishing anything you do at a homeless shelter, no matter where in the world that is a worthy venture/service..., what does that have to do with racism in america? I just do not connect that with shelters,

At least in the USA a huge part of the homeless are VETs, and mentally ill.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response was in contrast to you trying suggest I'm some POS who supports hatred and racism. My initial response was based in that the dialogue here tends to be hostile bigotry of another type centered on politics. I find many here can bring some interesting commentary but often it accompanied by their personal political prejudice. From a Canadian's perspective I find it disgusting that fellow Americans are tearing away at eachother in such a manner. Great country, but the politics are destructive and I've notice that both sides are guilty of this.
AND
You're right, homelessness is most often a product of mental illness. Money isn't the solution either, it's time. You have the time it takes to fix that? I don't, charity gifts is the easy arm's length solution that requires little involvement in often very uncomfortable situations.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--actually, the number of homeless is about 25%. A large part of the remainder are women, often with children, often abandoned by the father. Not quite the lazy slacker meme you frequently read on this thread. Here's my source:
Quote:
Approximately 20 - 25% of the single adult homeless population suffers from some form of severe and persistent mental illness (National Resource and Training Center on Homelessness and Mental Illness, 2003). While 22% of the American population suffers from a mental illness,
a small percentage of the 44 million people who have a serious mental illness are homeless at any given point in time (National Institute of Mental Health, 2005).

Despite the disproportionate number of mentally ill people among the homeless population, the growth in homelessness is not attributable to the release of seriously mentally ill people from institutions. Most patients were released from mental hospitals in the 1950s and 1960s, yet vast increases in homelessness did not occur until the 1980s, when incomes and housing options for those living on the margins began to diminish rapidly (see "Why Are People Homeless?," NCH Fact Sheet #1). However, a new wave of deinstitutionalization and the denial of services or premature and unplanned discharge brought about by managed care arrangements may be contributing to the continued presence of seriously mentally ill persons within the homeless
population.

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

Of course not. They said it, they own it. Duck Dynasty redux. Besides, I'm sure many Catholic priests have used equally flimsy logic to the same ... end.

BTW ... the Duck Dynasty hullabaloo and its media bias implications can be addressed in two words: Bill Mahr.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
My response was in contrast to you trying suggest I'm some POS who supports hatred and racism. My initial response was based in that the dialogue here tends to be hostile bigotry of another type centered on politics. I find many here can bring some interesting commentary but often it accompanied by their personal political prejudice. From a Canadian's perspective I find it disgusting that fellow Americans are tearing away at eachother in such a manner. Great country, but the politics are destructive and I've notice that both sides are guilty of this.
AND
You're right, homelessness is most often a product of mental illness. Money isn't the solution either, it's time. You have the time it takes to fix that? I don't, charity gifts is the easy arm's length solution that requires little involvement in often very uncomfortable situations.

my issues with you is your derailing a discussion with nothing that has to do with it for one. Second as I posted factual some 60% of the right wing in one state are racists and you change the subject in essence to defend racists. When you change the subject that is where I believe it shows you are defending the racists. If you tell me how I am wrong factually with this data I do not believe you are defending a racist I believe you are addressing the subject that my information could be looked at in another perspective. But when a factual source is cited and you post something that has absolutely with the subject again I do believe you are in essence defending racism.

and yes I believe racists could help people in soup kitchens too. Yes I believe and even supported it that racists even go to church as I showed above. As I posted a church recently would not allow a black person to get married in their church. Is that the most disturbing thing ever... I bet if you did a push poll there with this question "Do you believe this church has the right to not allow a black to get married there " in that state the numbers would be at amazing high numbers with a push poll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 5 of 457

Jump to: