myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rep Keith Ellison -- activist Muslim supporter of Louis Farrakhan -- as head of the DNC? Surely they jest!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Rep Keith Ellison -- activist Muslim supporter of Louis Farrakhan -- as head of the DNC? Surely they jest!

Nope, that's why Republicans hold more control over the U.S. government than since reconstruction.

The Democrats haven't been this angry since we freed the slaves.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

liar liar pants on fire you pathological liar...

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
isobars wrote:

Nope, that's why Republicans hold more control over the U.S. government than since reconstruction.

no idiot it is called citizens united.... Koch brothers daaaaaaaaa.....

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 Times Apparent Trump Supporters Attacked, Harassed Or Plotted To Kill Muslims
Quote:
The Southern Poverty Law Center has tracked some 700 acts of bias intimidation and harassment targeting Muslims, blacks, Latinos, immigrants, and LGBTQ people since Election Day, though the organization cautions it hasn’t independently verified every incident. Many of these attacks and acts of vandalism or harassment were done in Donald Trump’s name, according to the SPLC.

mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Wow, coming from mac, that must mean it true!
I'd say Eric Holder owns that claim.

David Duke of the Klan loves Sessions. You are in such good company. You must be proud of his support from the Klan!

Don't be a child glomming onto crap, I know, sometimes you can't help yourself, especially if there is race involved.

Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama Klan leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-alabama-jeff-sessions-desegregated-schools-and-got-the-death-penalty-for-kkk-murderer/article/2005461

Prove it isn't true he says. When I first read this I thought it was interesting, so I read the article and tried to judge the credibility of the source. It is Bill Kristol's ultra conservative outlet, which establishes a conservative bias. And Sessions is certainly conservative. But here's what the other side of the aisle says about him:

Quote:
Sessions has an F rating from the NAACP, and Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center told The Washington Post that Sessions being included in Trump’s cabinet is “a tragedy for American politics.”

When Sessions was nominated for a district court position, one of the past comments of his that was raised was in regards to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). J. Gerald Hebert, a lawyer, testified that Sessions was extremely critical of these groups.

Herbert said that during a private conservation, Sessions had labeled the NAACP and ACLU “un-American” and “Communist-inspired,” according to CNN. Sessions also allegedly said that the groups “forced civil rights down the throats of people.”

Sessions himself seemed to confirm Herbert’s statements when he said during the Senate hearings that the ACLU and the NAACP could be construed as un-American. He did not deny that he had made the other comments, but he dismissed them as being jokes.

And then by the man who testified against him before Congress, despite threats it would cost him his job:

Quote:
I was a young lawyer in the civil rights division at the Justice Department in 1981 when I first encountered Jeff Sessions. At the time, Sessions was the new U.S. attorney for Alabama. I met him while I was handling a major voting rights case in Mobile, and I relayed a rumor I’d heard: A federal judge there had allegedly referred to a civil rights lawyer as “a traitor to his race” for taking on black clients. Sessions responded, “Well, maybe he is.”

Five years later, that startling incident came up again, after Sessions was nominated for a federal judgeship. The American Bar Association contacted me and my supervisor to ask for background on Sessions, as was standard in those days for judicial confirmations. I told the ABA about conversations I’d had with the U.S. attorney in which he referred to the NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union as “un-American.” As he saw it, by fighting for racial equality, these groups were “trying to force civil rights down the throats of people who were trying to put problems behind them.” I assumed that my deposition for the ABA would remain confidential, until one day, I got a surprise call. A car would be picking me up at the Justice Department in 30 minutes to take me to the Hill, where I would testify about Sessions in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

When I arrived, Sen. Jeremiah Denton of Alabama and a congressional staffer took me into a back room. The testimony on Sessions was going south, and they told me to get in there and straighten it out — or my job would be in jeopardy.

Before the threats, I had been conflicted about testifying. I knew Sessions pretty well from my time in Alabama. He hadn’t interfered with my work on the case, he’d given me an office and a support staff, and had been fairly welcoming — he’d meet with me over a cup of coffee, and we’d shoot the breeze. I felt ambivalent about potentially harming the career of a former colleague. But I also felt it was my duty as a citizen to be forthright and honest about what I knew. Having my job threatened strengthened my resolve.

I told Denton and the staffer that I knew they had no role to play in whether I kept my job and that I did not appreciate what they were saying. And then I offered my testimony.

Sessions rebutted some of the testimony against him (including that he had called an African American prosecutor who worked for him “boy” and told him to “be careful what you say to white folks”), but he didn’t deny what I said about him. He never apologized for those comments, either, saying only that “I am loose with my tongue on occasion.”

The Republican-controlled Judiciary Committee did not approve his nomination, making him only the second nominee in 50 years to be rejected by the Senate for a federal judgeship. I never had any contact with Sessions again.

(by J. Gerald Hebert)

Weigh the evidence, don't accept the propaganda machine results.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
isobars wrote:

no idiot it is called citizens united.... Koch brothers daaaaaaaaa.....

Genius Dean hits the nail on the head once again. Formerly Democrat voters switched allegiances because of the Koch brothers.....
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share Dan Rather's fears. Any sensible conservative who values freedom and pays attention to facts should fear for the ascent of these knuckle draggers:

Quote:
Rather, who hosts "The Big Interview" on AXS TV, said he was stunned to watch Saturday's gathering of the alt-right National Policy Institute at the Ronald Reagan federal building in Washington, where attendees shouted "heil" and "lugenpresse," the latter a Nazi term meaning "lying press."

"When I see neo-Nazis raise their hands in terrifying solute, in public, in our nation's capital, I shudder in horror. When I see that action mildly rebuked by a boilerplate statement from the President-elect whom these bigots have praised, the anger in me grows," Rather writes.

"And when I see some in a pliant press turn that mild statement into what they call a denunciation I cannot hold back any longer. Our Declaration of Independence bequeaths us our cherished foundational principle: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.'

"These truths may be self-evident but they are not self-replicating. Each generation has to renew these vows. This nation was founded as an opposite pole to the capriciousness of an authoritarian monarch. We set up institutions like a free press and an independent court system to protect our fragile rights."
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that Dan Hicks song you always like to bring up?
Oh yeah, "I scare myself".

NAZIS, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
What's that Dan Hicks song you always like to bring up?
Oh yeah, "I scare myself".

NAZIS, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

That's the stupid left, doubling down on the same mentality that lost them this election, and much more. They are completely out of touch with the WORKING people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 271 of 457

Jump to: