myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya to the right wing deniers that they are racist they will not see this statement as racist. and this guy gets a spot at the RNC platform to speak. What does it say about right wing wanting the racists like the KKK, neo-nazis, skin heads motivated to keep doing their aryan nation robo calls.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/18/1549495/-Iowa-Congressman-asks-what-sub-groups-have-contributed-more-to-civilization-than-white-people

• Senior GOP Rep. Steve King made the case for white supremacy on national television

Quote:
Steve King: This whole business does get a little tired. I would ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you are talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theundefeated.com/features/michael-jordan-i-can-no-longer-stay-silent/

MICHAEL JORDAN: ‘I CAN NO LONGER STAY SILENT’

Quote:
As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

Jordan speaks out on shootings of African-Americans, police

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change.

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

“We are privileged to live in the world’s greatest country – a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. The problems we face didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities.”

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well real-whatever, you'll just love tonight's schedule of speakers at the convention, it will be just down your ally. You will hear the mothers of the black youth that were killed by cops including Michael Brown's mother, "hands up, don't shoot", which never happened but believed anyway.

So it will be going in an opposite way from law and order, giving Black Lives Matter even more legitimacy that they really don't deserve, because all lives matter.
I'm sure you'll love it. And I'm sure you'll post all about it because none of us here read the news, watch the news, or conventions, we rely on you for all the news.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Well real-whatever, you'll just love tonight's schedule of speakers at the convention, it will be just down your ally. You will hear the mothers of the black youth that were killed by cops including Michael Brown's mother, "hands up, don't shoot", which never happened but believed anyway.

So it will be going in an opposite way from law and order, giving Black Lives Matter even more legitimacy that they really don't deserve, because all lives matter.
I'm sure you'll love it. And I'm sure you'll post all about it because none of us here read the news, watch the news, or conventions, we rely on you for all the news.

More like.... PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT.

Wonder why the moonbats are not bringing out the dads?
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's already been addressed here, but what kind of president says today's American racism is the fault of whites ("has a white face")? I haven't seen any KKK marches since I lived in Montgomery in 1961. Is the "Kill the cops" and "White and blue lives don't matter" element of the Black Lives Matter movement primarily white, or is it black? What I see mostly is uninformed blacks, lied to by their leaders such as Sharpton and Jackson and the perps' clearly unbiased moms, actually BELIEVING they are being targeted by the police and whites ... and a POTUS who is doing damned near nothing to dispel that BS.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always count on Matty for a comment that is sensitive and shows his respect for all sides of an issue.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, mac ... I'm not even going to look. Facts do not define a racist xenophobe.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
You can always count on Matty for a comment that is sensitive and shows his respect for all sides of an issue.

And you can always count on Mac and the lefty enablers to ignore what really is the problem with blacks. 70% raised without a father!!
Keep making excuses and blaming whitie, Its working so well.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, what will you say when the Democratic party brings out one of the nation's most recognized and respected black dads, President Obama? Do you think that you can hold back your deep seated disdain?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
mat-ty, what will you say when the Democratic party brings out one of the nation's most recognized and respected black dads, President Obama? Do you think that you can hold back your deep seated disdain?

My biggest disappointment with Obama has been his glass is half empty, AL Sharpton inspired BULL SHIT.
Obama had a chance to lift black people by example and positive rhetoric. Instead we have got the finger pointing, blame game, and constant reminders of sins committed 2 centuries ago.
Talk about dark and doom and gloom.
Great leaders look forward and praise progress, sadly we have gotten the exact opposite..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 245 of 457

Jump to: