myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
What a fool. The police department arrested black folks for things they didn't arrest white folks for, and made racist jokes. Do you have a special name for this behavior that doesn't begin with the letter R?

'E' Exaggerate, and I suppose you have some sort of inside connection that proves to you that everything that Holder says is true.

What's with the name calling, son?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was that alternative name you had to explain the racist jokes and e-mails and the prejudice in arrests sonny boy? Fool? Someone who only believes reports that support their prejudices. I think your picture was there in the dictionary.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
What a fool. The police department arrested black folks for things they didn't arrest white folks for, and made racist jokes. Do you have a special name for this behavior that doesn't begin with the letter R?

'E' Exaggerate, and I suppose you have some sort of inside connection that proves to you that everything that Holder says is true.

What's with the name calling, son?

If the information in the report is not true, why did two police officers resign? Why did a person in the Clerk's office get fired? Why is the City putting reforms into place? Why isn't the police department or the City denying what is in the report?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how people that claim they aren't racist have a way to discount all evidence of racism. The letter you were looking for NW is "D", for denial.

Those whose source of information is Faux news are more poorly informed than those who don't read or listen to news. But they firmly believe the lies they are told. Including the one that says black folks are the real bigots--and there was no racism in Ferguson. Any other questions as to why I called you a fool?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some racism, prejudice, and/or bigotry all rolled into one man for ya:

The DOJ investigation of Ferguson completely and explicitly exonerated the cop's actions, in detail, in several ways, at length, as justifiable self-defense in which he did nothing wrong. Implication: the case is not prosecutable. because he's not just "not guilty"; he's innocent.

Obama's explanation? He skated because the evidence of his guilt was sketchy. Implication: he was guilty, but got off on a technicality (e.g., the glove didn't fit.)

Keep fanning those flames, Barry. You and the Rev Al can take us back to the age in which I grew up -- separate water fountains, schools, and bus seats -- if you keep trying. You make me ashamed to be an American.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So full of it. From the report:

Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing, and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community...City officials routinely urge Chief Jackson to generate more revenue through enforcement. In March 2010, for instance, the City Finance Director wrote to Chief Jackson that “unless ticket writing ramps up significantly before the end of the year, it will be hard to significantly raise collections next year...

this emphasis on raising money by fining the poor defines the nature of enforcement:

Quote:
The result is a pattern of stops without reasonable suspicion and arrests without probable cause in violation of the Fourth Amendment; infringement on free expression, as well as retaliation for protected expression, in violation of the First Amendment; and excessive force in violation of the Fourth Amendment. Even relatively routine misconduct by Ferguson police officers can have significant consequences for the people whose rights are violated. For example, in the summer of 2012, a 32-year-old African-American man sat in his car cooling off after playing basketball in a Ferguson public park. An officer pulled up behind the man’s car, blocking him in, and
demanded the man’s Social Security number and identification. Without any ause, the officer accused the man of being a pedophile, referring to the presence of children in the park, and ordered the man out of his car for a pat-down,

We spoke, for example, with an African-American woman who has a still-pending case stemming from 2007, when, on a single occasion, she parked her car illegally. She received two citations and a $151 fine, plus fees. The woman, who experienced financial difficulties and periods of homelessness over several years, was charged with seven Failure to Appear offenses for missing court dates or fine payments on her parking tickets between 2007 and 2010. For each Failure to Appear, the court issued an arrest warrant and imposed new fines and fees. From 2007 to 2014, the woman was arrested twice, spent six days in jail, and paid $550 to the court for the events stemming from this single instance of illegal parking. Court records show that she twice attempted to make partial payments of $25 and $50, but the court returned those payments, refusing to accept anything less than payment in full. One of those payments was later accepted, but only after the court’s letter rejecting payment by money order was returned as undeliverable.
This woman is now making regular payments on the fine. As of December 2014, over seven years later, despite initially owing a $151 fine and having already paid $550, she still owed $541.

While these practices rely on abusing the poor to fund City coffers, patterns of racial prejudice are clear:

Quote:
Data collected by the Ferguson Police Department from 2012 to 2014 shows that African Americans account for 85% of vehicle stops, 90% of citations, and 93% of arrests made by FPD officers, despite comprising only 67% of Ferguson’s population. African Americans are more than twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during vehicle stops even after controlling for non-race based variables such as the reason the vehicle stop was initiated, but are found in possession of contraband 26% less often than white drivers, suggesting officers are impermissibly considering race as a factor when determining whether to search.

Those of you who pray to Faux nation will not learn these things.

I saw an interesting bumper sticker yesterday on my bike ride. "One nation, un-educated." The right wing likes it that way. Isobars self-censors to the point where he is a parody, and NW tries harder to make sure he emulates Iso. Sad.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

I saw an interesting bumper sticker yesterday on my bike ride. "One nation, un-educated." The right wing likes it that way. Isobars self-censors to the point where he is a parody, and NW tries harder to make sure he emulates Iso. Sad.

LOL!
I can just picture you, riding around the streets of Berkeley on your bicycle, with your helmet on, feeling sad for me.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spare me your grief, I require zero.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hope. I guess you didn't notice you were wrong again.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Why there's no such thing as "Reverse Racism" Reply with quote

for those right wingers who believe they are the victims... ie reverse discrimination as they call it... a good explanation but is it over the right wingers pay grade?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/07/15/884649/-Why-there-s-no-such-thing-as-Reverse-Racism?detail=email#

Why there's no such thing as "Reverse Racism"

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on that ultra right wing partisan MSNBC show Former right wing elected Representative Joe Scarborough show... gee MSNBC gives a ultra right winger 3 hours of time, and no other media gives any liberal 3 hours of time....

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/frat-closes-chapter-after-racist-video-surfaces-410221635725?cid=eml_mda_20150309

Frat closes chapter after racist video surfaces

Quote:
The Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity will close its chapter at the University of Oklahoma after a video appeared online showing its members chanting a racist slogan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 161 of 457

Jump to: