myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Pointster, 'the Holocaust, the slaying of six million Jews, was perpetuated by CHRISTIANS, not muslims' , is a gross misrepresentation of reality.

The fact that Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels were nominally Christians and therefore acting according to the teachings of Christ, cannot be taken seriously. I take it you are well read in the subject, i.e. Goebbels many statements on the nature of propaganda and power, Hitlers Mein Kampf, and Shirer (a fellow American) The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich) and that you can see the true nature of the 'Nazi quest'?

To lay all that at the feet of Christ and his New Testament teachings (which TRANSCENDS the Old Testament) is disingenuous, and a very dangerous misinterpretation of the nature of fanaticism, and where it can lead. (Death and destruction on a collosal scale.)
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT is right. The Nazis and others were not really Christians no matter how much pious BS they spouted.
Neither is IS an Islamic State according to the scholars of Islam.
Neither is Al Quada. Just more guys like the Nazis.
Muslims don't buy it, but Gybe does.
Gybe,
My experience with Islam comes from actually asking muslims about this.
In your isolated little office you missed the post about the world where I live.
I have had the crap beat out of me by both the Palestinians and the Israeli Army.
Last time I spoke to a Muslim was about a week ago,how bout you?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
I think Christian America should show some humility in criticizing Islam.

So our forefathers' sins mean we should just let radical Islam have their way with us?

How 'bout this alternative? I just lowered my head for 10 seconds in atonement. Now let's kill all the terrorists, ideally with the help of rational Islam, before they kill us.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker said:
Quote:
Have you ever join in a large public protest against mob donations to the Church,child abuse in the church, the Liberian Christian terror groups?

Thought never crossed your mind. It goes without saying,it has nothing to do with you.

Correct, never crossed my mind. On the other hand, Muslims across the globe seem to be in a position of mistrust because of the various radical groups and their ideology. If the majority of good Muslims choose to remain silent, they will continue to be mistrusted and possibly ridiculed. If they stand behind "it has nothing to do with me", then many Muslims will continue to be looked upon with a questioning eye. Fair or not, it's reality.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Last time I spoke to a Muslim was about a week ago,how bout you?

Probably every day for the the past several years. My sister in law is a Muslim. The African organization with which I work is staffed largely by a mix of Muslims and Christians. I don't think of them in those terms. They are just Ukeme, or Chemfa, or whomever, not Christian or Muslim. I spend hours talking with them, and laughing which they do a lot. The faith they follow bears little relation to the fanaticism of ISIS, but that doesn't make the followers of ISIS any less certain that they are on a sacred mission. To suggest that these ISIS followers are driven merely by a desire for material possessions, and for increased worldly status, as you and others here have, is incredibly naive.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT.........well said.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Spanish and other Christian Inquisitions? What do you think that the Jews or Muslims thought about the unyielding Christian fervor in the name of God? The idea that Christians haven't been exceedingly brutal in practicing their religion doesn't float.
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Come on Pointster, 'the Holocaust, the slaying of six million Jews, was perpetuated by CHRISTIANS, not muslims' , is a gross misrepresentation of reality.

The fact that Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels were nominally Christians and therefore acting according to the teachings of Christ, cannot be taken seriously. I take it you are well read in the subject, i.e. Goebbels many statements on the nature of propaganda and power, Hitlers Mein Kampf, and Shirer (a fellow American) The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich) and that you can see the true nature of the 'Nazi quest'?

To lay all that at the feet of Christ and his New Testament teachings (which TRANSCENDS the Old Testament) is disingenuous, and a very dangerous misinterpretation of the nature of fanaticism, and where it can lead. (Death and destruction on a collosal scale.)

When professing Christians do monstrous things, we say they are sinners, lusting after power and glory. If they claim to be doing it in the name of religion, we say they are heretics. That's the way Muslims view ISIS, as sinners and heretics who pervert Islam.

All the books, the Torah, the Bible, the Koran, are said to provide us a moral code that will allow us to live in peace with our fellow man, and in harmony with God's will. Even the briefest review of history would show they have failed miserably in changing human behavior. It is almost as though there is no God, and we are a bunch of smart primates, adept at rationalizing our instinctive fear and aggression.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So these Muslim friends of yours agree that IS is a a wholly religious pursuit among devoted Islamic believers.
They are nearly alone in that view.
That goes contrary to the Imams.
My friends disagree, and agree with Islamic leaders that IS does not practice Islam.
Another group weighing in against you, Gybe, is Al Quada. They have denounced IS as not practicing Islam, and murdering civilians against the Koran.
Naive of you to form your own view that is contrary to those who actually understand Islam and jihad.
I see you have returned to inserting a snarky remark with most posts.
It is your personal style. Makes you look bad here.

Last edited by keycocker on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but he has so much more experience than you, and he doesn't have to explain anything. Particularly when he says something like seizing land in Ireland has nothing to do with the troubles in the Middle East. He was there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 106 of 457

Jump to: