myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
So if the cloak of religion is false, do real Muslims who practice real Islam owe us an apology?

They owe it to the world to fight their radical brethren. They owe it to the world to have their own reformation like the Christians did, and reject the needless persecution of non believers. Islam is a very flawed religion that all men should reject.

The Old Testament had many violent allegories, but never called for the murder of non believers. The Jews who have been persecuted since the beginning of time were fighting for survival, not domination back then. They have been trying to protect a small postage stamp piece of land for themselves. The bible has always been about the meek shall inherit the earth. How can you equate Islam with Christianity or Judaism? You just have to look at Nobel prizes for Jews compared to Muslims to see who has done more for the world.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Christian has ever wanted to hear dreadful bible passages. When I was young my Sunday School suggested we read the Bible so I read the whole thing.
Would anyone here be offendedby a quote from the Bible that promotes terrible acts? Bard?
Try Numbers 31:17-18

There are numerous passages in which one should kill those who believe in other religions, in Duet,Romans, Leviticus. Often by stoning just like in the Koran.

The Koran has many passages in common with the Old Testament. They were the same exact religion at the time of the writing of the Old Testament. It spread out into Jewish, Muslim and Catholic much later.

From those days in my childhood I have always been surprised at the number of devout Christians who have not read through the whole Bible, and don't really know what it says.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you are not aware the Jesus Christ reinterpreted the Old Testament......thus the New Testament and followers of Christ (aka Christians). Since you are a biblical scholar perhaps you can direct us to the passages in the New Testament that are "encouraging rape and genocide" or "terrible acts" with which you seem so obsessed in your attempts to find equivalence between Christian behavior and that of Islamic terrorists.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not trying to find equivalency between the two religions.

As an educated person you should stop for a moment to remind yourself of the difference between a guy who has read the entire Bible and a Biblical scholar.
The difference is large.

I see you are denying the Old Testament again, and cherry picking passages.

That is often done by the majority of Muslims, concerning the killing of infidels that the Koran shares with the Old Testament.
If you can understand just that one thing, since you are doing it right now, you can understand Islam a lot better.
Failing to properly indentified the enemy can lead to our doom.
Your average Muslim ain't it.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not concerned about your average Muslim. I'm concerned about the millions that want to kill me and my family and will gladly die trying to do so. There is zero evidence that Christians want the same thing despite your efforts to introduce irrelevant passages from a book written by Jewish scholars. Apologies that you could not detect the sarcasm in my reference to a biblical scholar. Your words make it clear you are nothing of the sort.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe actually believes those guys care about only Allah, and don't like being rich and the boss.
Or enjoy cutting heads.

The history is real but the leaders of Islam have come out very strongly against Gybes opinion.
IS guys deny the principles of the Koran by reinterpreting them. Very popular among every religion.
If the high Imams say this is the Unislamic State that sorta settles the matter, doesn't it?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life in the comfortable existence offered by Belize and Maui may have convinced you that people consumed with religious fervor will subordinate their faith to material possessions. You are completely, utterly, hopelessly wrong. With luck the moment that realization dawns on you won't coincide with someone on your plane leaping up and screaming "allahu akbar". After all they probably only want to be rich and the boss.......in the next life. P.S. It won't be a Christian.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to revisit the old testament KC. Mostly, how not to live your life allegories.

A very important distinction between Judaism and Islam is that the Jews were on the run and defending their land and people from aggressors. So, yes there was violence taught, and it was necessary for survival in ancient times. But, neither Jews or Christians are beheading men women and children in the name of God, or in order to expand their empire.

I will not argue that some Radical Islamists do want to control the land and oil. 90% of them IMO are practicing their demonic brand of hate, like the useful idiots they are.
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Perhaps you are not aware the Jesus Christ reinterpreted the Old Testament......thus the New Testament and followers of Christ (aka Christians). Since you are a biblical scholar perhaps you can direct us to the passages in the New Testament that are "encouraging rape and genocide" or "terrible acts" with which you seem so obsessed in your attempts to find equivalence between Christian behavior and that of Islamic terrorists.

Douay-Rheims Bible, New Testament, Matthew 10:34: "Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword."
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
You might want to revisit the old testament KC. Mostly, how not to live your life allegories.

A very important distinction between Judaism and Islam is that the Jews were on the run and defending their land and people from aggressors. So, yes there was violence taught, and it was necessary for survival in ancient times. But, neither Jews or Christians are beheading men women and children in the name of God, or in order to expand their empire.

I will not argue that some Radical Islamists do want to control the land and oil. 90% of them IMO are practicing their demonic brand of hate, like the useful idiots they are.

The Holocaust, the slaying of six million Jews, was perpetrated by Christians, not Muslims.

Travel through Europe and you will find numerous plaques commemorating the slaughter of one Christian sect by another.

The Spaniards cruelly subjugated the peoples of much of the Americas and imposed Christianity on them. The Amglos in North America did much the same.

And in Northern Ireland Protestants and Catholics fought it out with bombs and bullets.

I think Christian America should show some humility in criticizing Islam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 105 of 457

Jump to: