myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
When I see Muslims protesting any one of the 3 of those groups, I'll say open the border for them.

By any honest definition, I'd say they're already open. In just the last few months -- 90 days, I think they said -- people from 143 countries have entered legally or illegally (as pointed out yesterday, illegals now just say "I'm heeeeere; where's my Obamastuff?"). We intercepted known Islamic terrorists even before 9/11/01 BUT LET THEM PASS. It doesn't get much more open unless we start building open, unmanned 10-lane bridges across the border and escalators over the fences.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso has no info at all about the border so he is making up hysterical BS.
pointster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again: the most likely scenario for a terrorist entering the US is at a major airport with a valid visa, or a US passport. Why take the chance of being detained as an undocumented immigrant? This border security stuff is not about terrorism.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys must not be watching news. Good Muslims are consistently standing up against violence and bloodshed. They have been since 911. Constantly saying terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. The media is covering it. Extensively. Not right wing media outlets.

Cheers.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslims stand up in this way much more than Catholics stand up to apologize for the mob, or Christians for the mass murders in schools and theaters, or for the KKK who often are Christians.
Christians and Catholics do not feel responsible for crimes among their other members.
Do you?
Muslims and Christians do not murder people. Phony religious types from the same region do, and hate filled bigots apply that crime to everyone.
When a white cop kills a kid, every white cop is guilty unless they parade in the street to protest, right?

A pastor in my hometown killed his whole family. Why aren't Christians on this board protesting these murders by other Christians?
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frederick23 wrote:
You guys must not be watching news. Good Muslims are consistently standing up against violence and bloodshed. They have been since 911. Constantly saying terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. The media is covering it. Extensively. Not right wing media outlets.

Cheers.

I'm a news hound, all networks, and I'm not seeing what you are claiming, just a one on one interview every now and then as I mentioned before.
What is needed is demonstration by good muslims that would turn into a international media event.
Until then, nothing w/in their ranks will be changing anytime soon.
I don't understand their hesitation, as I don't understand the temped support by the Arab states against ISIS, they should be all over them with all their strong military, even w/o us.
Kerry couldn't even guarantee their strong support as he testified to the Senate Foreign Relation Committee yesterday, in fact he was taken to task over that.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
When I see Muslims protesting any one of the 3 of those groups, I'll say open the border for them.

By any honest definition, I'd say they're already open. In just the last few months -- 90 days, I think they said -- people from 143 countries have entered legally or illegally

Cool! I put the house on the market and I'm moving to Hood River and opening shop. Where do I go for the free stuff?

OR

Maybe I'll do it backwards and move to Baja....right next to my good buddy, though his house has probably blown away now.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
the most likely scenario for a terrorist entering the US is at a major airport with a valid visa, or a US passport.

No argument there, especially as that's ISIS's present MO.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
What is needed is demonstration by good muslims that would turn into a international media event.

People who are or were Muslims, especially women, who speak out against their faith or Sharia law are ostracized, hanged, stoned to death, and/or banned from speaking at Brandeis University, etc. After all, polls of the Muslim populace show that 86% of them support Sharia law. The only conclusion I can make of that is that the large majority of their faith are monsters, by any definition I can think of. Female genital mutilation? Being stoned to death because she got raped? Being hanged for converting to another religion? Honor killings? Monsters.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I don't understand the temped support by the Arab states against ISIS, they should be all over them with all their strong military, even w/o us.

Some of those states offered to assist us with their F-16s and F-18s alongside us in our air attacks. Gotta wonder how they felt when our refusal was based on the vast inferiority of their air forces.

"But you gave or sold them to us, and you still fly them."

My educated insider's guess as to the "inferiority" comment:
"Well, yes ... the airframes and engines. But if you think your avionics suites (e.g., navigation, weapons delivery, communication, threat detection, defense), training, or procedures are from the same century as ours, you're dreaming." IOW, you don't bring a baseball bat to a lightsaber duel; you'd be in the way.

What really cements Obama's inferiority as Commander in Chief in this case is his refusal to listen to his military experts who are yelling at him and us, "WE CANNOT DEFEAT ISIS WITHOUT SENDING IN TENS OF THOUSANDS OF U.S. GROUND FORCES".

"Fore!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 101 of 457

Jump to: