myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
T. I. Parking Reminder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: T. I. Parking Reminder Reply with quote

Just a reminder that there is additional parking on Bayside Drive: the next loop road west of the normal parking on North Point. From there you can walk your gear down to the boat ramp and you will be very close to the pipes if you want to jump in there. Yesterday (Sunday) we had a banner day at TI and the overflow parking was critical. We want to avoid accidentally parking in one of the slots reserved for residents (they have apartment numbers stenciled on the curb). Spread the word when it gets busy.

TI parking.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.45 KB
 Viewed:  13399 Time(s)

TI parking.jpg

kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also please don't park in "visitor" spaces in front of occupied buildings. these are extra spaces for the people who live in the buildings.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
airwave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not something we can complain about since we are quest at T.i.
But the parking spaces that are open in front of the main section has been filled up with locals parking there instead of in front of their own place. This has put pressure on what is left and available.

It appear to be an intentional effort to control the access because until this year it was not a problem. Yesterday almost all of the frontage spots were filled with no windsurfer access. I suspect that permanent parking is prohibited but there has been no effort to stop it.
tthole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airwave,

I would have to agree with you. I arrived about 1:30pm yesterday and many of the spots were filled. Hopefully this was a weekend issue maybe even due to the Americas Cup.

I hit the water about 1:45pm and was the first one out in the 20-25 knots wind and building swell. 6.3 and 90 liters slalom race gear was perfect. With Crissy and Candlestick closed out this weekend I knew it was time to hit TI. It has been several years since I hit TI and she treated me like I never left her. Just after 3pm when the AC races finished there was a flury of boat traffic 30+ plus boads coming at me all at once heading to TI, Alameda and Berkeley. That was fun!

When I got off the water that lot was packed with everyone rigging up. Hopefully the severe parking situation yesterday was isolated.

Time will tell as the AC races go on during September.

Cheers, Tim
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure a lot of the tenants there have more than one car. There have always been other cars parked in front of the vacant buildings. The Bayside overflow parking isn't too far away... I've parked there many a time this year.

airwave wrote:
Not something we can complain about since we are quest at T.i.
But the parking spaces that are open in front of the main section has been filled up with locals parking there instead of in front of their own place. This has put pressure on what is left and available.

It appear to be an intentional effort to control the access because until this year it was not a problem. Yesterday almost all of the frontage spots were filled with no windsurfer access. I suspect that permanent parking is prohibited but there has been no effort to stop it.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
tomg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the more than one car issue, i noticed SF Parking Patrol, or some rental version, writing parking tickets out there a weeks years ago. I would think one is suppose to have a sticker to park in the residential parking areas. Thankfully no attempt to ticket my car or any other windsurfers.
ronadler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: TI parking
We need to be super respectful of the residents, i.e. not rigging on their lawns or parking in their designated "visitor" spaces. One complaint from them and we would be out of there with no place to park and lose access to a real windsurfing "Treasure!"
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also-don't leave your sail on the nice grassy area adjacent to the occupied apartments immediately to the east. This guy is pretty nice and friendly and that is like his only request.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: