myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Face of welfare
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Face of welfare Reply with quote

I read about a Mr Rigsby today.
He is from Tennessee and is a hardworking conservative out of work who reluctantly feeds his kids with food stamps. He does every scrap of work he can find but still only eats one meal or none a day, so his kid can have the food bought by the stamps.
He lives in the middle of a vast farm of soybeans and corn owned by Representative Fincher of the US Congress.
Mr Fincher voted to end food stamps.He opposes all welfare.
He got nearly $3.5 million in US gov. farm subsidies so far, so he is a rich well fed Congressman.
Part of that money is for mechanized farm equipment so he will not have to put people like Rigsby back on the payroll.
The Rigsby family feels they should continue to pray for work of any kind and be happy for what they have, their child has food even if there is not enough for everyone.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the desire to kill welfare, but we'd have social upheaval if we didn't do something. So, even more than a vast new bureaucracy to manage healthcare and welfare, people should have the right to food. Not luxury food, not frozen food. Just 10-15 basic food items to sustain health.

Welfare should be difficult. It is not. It has destroyed millions of potentially creative and productive lives.

3 things we can do?
1) Everyone in need can go into a store and pick up their 15 rationed food items per week. Rice, beans, vegetables, milk, eggs, fruit.
2) Kill Obama care and replace it with clinics in every major city for the poor.
3) Drug test housing assistance and food assistance recipients after they've been on for 1 year or more.

Cut the vast bureaucracies of paper pushers and acknowledge the basics for anyone earning less than x$ per family. They get a card, and can receive the basics of healthcare, food, housing. And then make the head of household work....at something. Clean up parks once a week for God's sake!
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Kill Obama care and replace it with clinics in every major city for the poor.

Ah, yes. Kill socialized medicine and replace it with socialized medicine.

Good thinking.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's The new face of SNAP.
Food stamps buy lobster for surfer and his buddies

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/10/the-new-face-of-snap-food-stamps-buy-lobster-for-surfer-and-his-buddies/#ixzz2eFtYZCJ7
or
http://tinyurl.com/kd5hxju
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Here's The new face of SNAP.
Food stamps buy lobster for surfer and his buddies

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/10/the-new-face-of-snap-food-stamps-buy-lobster-for-surfer-and-his-buddies/#ixzz2eFtYZCJ7
or
http://tinyurl.com/kd5hxju

I personally know a surfer who gets more than food stamps. He gets free housing, bangs a new chick every month, and smokes dope every day. All without working a minute.

These guys are as good as child molesters in my book. But leave it to Pueno to come up with some great comeback.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker, I was at Mana Foods and saw an old, horribly messed up blond lady, bare foot, her breasts drooping out, and out of her mind stoned or drunk.

I was distraught. I went into Mana, and asked if someone could call the authorities to get her help. Oh no they said. Look at the car behind her. There is her Filipino caretaker drinking a beer. I asked, is she taken care of? Oh yes, the caretaker watches her. At government expense? Oh yes. Food, housing, car service, medical, everything.

Have you seen that lady? OMG, she should be drug tested, cleaned up, locked up and evaluated. This whole thing is out of wack. I wonder what it costs to care for her.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, tell us how he does it, especially the part about getting the chicks. How does someone with no money buy good pot and keep the chicks coming. Is he driving a rich man's car?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are most folks on welfare lazy surfers or it that extremely rare?
Is Rigsby your typical typical welfare recipient or are they mostly black guys who refuse to work, eating lobster, that Obama put on welfare to buy votes?

Neither. For one thing welfare folks very rarely vote. This was pointed out to me by a Kansas State Senator at dinner in a joke. He hoped that his Republican opponent chose to use that approach in the election.

Most welfare people don't have jobs because 75% of them are children.
Duh.
Another 14% are disabled elderly folks.
Most of the rest are the mothers of those children.
Toss all those children and old folks on the street to starve and we can eliminate 89% of welfare costs. Toss the Moms who complain out with them and we are in the mid 90% range
We just need to hunt down two butthole ßurfers and all we have left are the Riigsbys.
Problem solved.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
These guys are as good as child molesters in my book.

Hey, surfer dude's free ride is no different than GE's and Apple's legally avoiding taxes on hundreds of billions. If we don't like the rules, maybe they should be changed. Not even Gates or Buffett pays more than the law requires. I DO, but only so if I ever get audited, I'll walk out of the audit with an IRS check for ten bucks to hang on my wall.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Hey, surfer dude's free ride is no different than GE's and Apple's legally avoiding taxes on hundreds of billions. If we don't like the rules, maybe they should be changed. Not even Gates or Buffett pays more than the law requires. I DO, but only so if I ever get audited, I'll walk out of the audit with an IRS check for ten bucks to hang on my wall.

Gosh, Mikey, I overpay, too. Imagine that.

But I do it so you can continue to collect your free disability cash money from this government that you hate and badmouth so much while you windsurf and race motocross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: