myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Straps opening for wave riding... a few doubts remain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sez someone who's been stuck at Step Jibe 101 since the 1980s.

Clinics require wind.
Wind is not forecastable weeks to months in advance.
I've driven thousands of miles and flown 10,000 miles for clinics that failed to materialize. I'm done with them, and have endlessly explained exactly why. Your endless insistence on repeating this conversation is a control problem, not altruism.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't windsurfing in the 1980's. Started in 1992. Learned to consistently plane through step jibes and duck jibes in 2000. Started working on carving freestyle shortly after that. Am still learning...I have yet to plane out of a backwinded jibe or donkey jibe, and have never hit a planing duck tack. Will be working on those in Bonaire soon. My wavesailing skills are mediocre but improving (started fooling with waves in 2007).

Clinics actually don't require much wind (ask any of the top windsurfing instructors...they have a world of technique that they can teach you in subplaning conditions.) As a practical matter people make most of the mistakes they commit on the water on dry land as well, which is why simulator work with a good instructor is so valuable. Still, I'm sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with conditions at clinics.

In any event, I will continue to suggest that you learn more about windsurfing when your posts warrant it.

isobars wrote:
Sez someone who's been stuck at Step Jibe 101 since the 1980s.

Clinics require wind.
Wind is not forecastable weeks to months in advance.
I've driven thousands of miles and flown 10,000 miles for clinics that failed to materialize. I'm done with them, and have endlessly explained exactly why. Your endless insistence on repeating this conversation is a control problem, not altruism.

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP, next to Chandler, you're the most supercilious person in my whole life. That's not a baseless attack; it's a fact obvious in every one of your and his endless, passive-aggressive, "I'm so helpful it hurts" posts Mitch so quickly and astutely saw through. For at least the 50th time -- no exaggeration but just so any newbies here understand -- I have zero interest in subplaning WSing. It bored me $#!+less before my inner ear exploded, and I couldn't do it now even if I wanted to without that inner ear. If I need a workout, the gym or my den is infinitely simpler, and when I can sail at all, I learn something new almost every day.

Including to keep my knees flexed until AFTER I land from 25-30 feet up.

You also know damned well, but ignore it to deceive gullible readers, that when I say your jibes stopped at the Step Jibe, I'm not referring to bestial tricks but to ordinary U-turn jibes, which you incessantly decree must be achieved only by the archaic and confining Step Jibe. I graduated from that .... and took a useless simulator lesson from an instructor who knew nothing about the simulator -- long before you even started WSing. You have no clue how I windsurf because you refuse to believe how I and others describe it, yet you tell the world what I can and cannot do. No wonder Mitch saw through you and your peers in a heartbeat.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Including to keep my knees flexed until AFTER I land from 25-30 feet up.

Dood, you should go pro. You're jumping as high, or higher, as the best in the Gorge.

Whit Poor: He threw multiple Huuuuge Backs at Doug’s on “the” big July day it was gusting over 50! Dale would have been proud! Not to mention he got the official highest jump at the Freestyle Frenzy Jump Off this year, clocking in at over 28 feet!

- 2013 Gorge Windsurfer of the Year Nominee
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look how isobars slipped in a negative hack at me, and I've really not been a part of this thread. He even used Mitch Gringrich to sell his BS about how he's being victimized by "baseless" attacks.

What else is new, isobars has always got a pantload to unload. Always trolling for fools to feel sorry for him.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by isobars on 11 Jan 2014 21:18; edited 1 time in total
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
You have no clue how I windsurf because you refuse to believe how I and others describe it, yet you tell the world what I can and cannot do.

As you know, I've seen video of you sailing, I've read what people who have seen you sail have written, I have spoken face to face with people who have seen you sail, and I've read what you yourself have posted. You're a high wind BAF sailor. There's nothing wrong with that...it's lots of fun. I know you think poorly of Wooot, but what he posted about your abilities matched perfectly with the video. The video was the real eye opener for me...I had sincerely thought you'd have looked better on the water. As you know, that video was removed because the poster felt it was insulting (an unkind soundtrack had been added) and as you also know, I asked that it be reposted without the sound, because I thought spoke volumes about your actual ability. Here's the thread:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23986&start=0

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP, that BS has all been beaten to death. You're just trolling to stir up a puddin' storm. You're outta here.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're outta here."

You wish. You're just reaping a bit of what you sow. You need to look inward.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time i had a problem with a foot strap was when it was too open to pull off a really high back side off the lip aerial. but, i was very happy to have them in deep for forcing the front side rides, so what to do? ride more, smile even more again.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: