myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
K-ONE FR MFC FIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: K-ONE FR MFC FIN Reply with quote

Any one ride this fin? What are your impressions. I'm looking for 30 cm freeride fin for my Tabou Rocket 95. Great board but the fin not to good....
KevinDo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few folks with larger size Tabou Rockets who like it (135 and 145 I think). I personally thought it was ok when I tried it on my Rocket 61 (105). I ended up using a 31 Select Vmax on my Rocket and loved it!

Are you looking specifically for a FreeRace/Slalom fin?

-Kevin

EDIT: Just realized I was talking about the wrong fin, mixed up the K-one FR with the KP FR. Two of the locals here use a 38 and a 40* something on there 115 and 135 rocket and they loves it. I personally don't have any experience with that specific fin but if it's supposed to turn better than the liquid pro than I think it would suite you just fine!

Have you also considered an Edge Freeslam? He used it with a Tabou Rocket when he wrote his review.
http://philswindsurfingblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-select-edge-fin.html

Gazman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: K-ONE FR MFC FIN Reply with quote

NOVAAN wrote:
Any one ride this fin? What are your impressions. I'm looking for 30 cm freeride fin for my Tabou Rocket 95. Great board but the fin not to good....

I too found the standard issue 30cm Tabou freeride fin on my 2010 Rocket 95 not too good and very prone to severe spin-out when I first tried it, without hardly any pressure on the fin! Had been using a Fanatic Hawk 28cm freeride fin with the board before I found the original one in a local shop and wish I hadn't, never had such a dud fin!

In the process of finding another suitable fin as well. A friend of a friend who owns 115 & 125 Rockets says that he uses MFC liquid pros in his Rockets and they work very well, also said that JP Supersport fins work quite well too (I recently brought some very cheap used 27 & 29cm Supersport fins in great condition from a JP dealer). The guy also said that other more slalom oriented fins like Choco Fireblades or similar will make the Rocket behave and perform completely different (i.e. with more of a slalom-like feel).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: