myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a quote from GOP strategist who said Cruz was the most disliked man in Washington.
Paul is maybe not so popula with the GOP either.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct KC. Neither is well liked in the party. I wish the Dems had a few they didn't like. Mansion of Virginia might be one. Someone has to stand up to wasteful, war mongering, NSA spying, oligarch, crony capitalist, big regulation government...who looks out for the small guy, not the lazy guy.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more.
Mr.Cruz is not accomplishing the goals of the Teas by voting for the Budget,pissing off folks, and so on.
Kind of like the opposite of Reagen.
We need someone who will stand up for the working man AND accomplish something for the working man. Without that second part it all doesn't matter.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I keep talking to you because I agree with you on some things--like government intrusion and undeclared war. Plus oversight on money spent in Afghanistan and Iraq, cowering before oligarchs--the list goes on. But the best change is incremental and gradual, and involves putting together coalitions around shared values. There isn't a single Tea bagger who knows that that is how things get done--much less how to do it. Cruz may be the very worst.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Mac. I keep writing this to SB..."Get involved". If one starts with local, more accessible, governments, much can be accomplished. My gripe is poorly written laws that require legal interpretation. So, I try to attend public meetings to convey this. In adoption of codes, I will meet with the local bureaucrats during the drafting process to help write the code.

No one is going to take Washington by storm as a warrior for the middle class. This is a fantasy that will be exploited by the ego maniac of the day. So, you fight to get the little things done and hope that others will do the same...it can add up.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the Tea party shutdown is mainly going to hurt the little guy.
800000 worker bees will be furloughed and any small business that does biz with the gov. won't get paid.
Ocare will be unaffected.
Vets who aren't getting benefits will be turned away from straightening it out.
Homebuyers, new SS applications.
Trashing the small working guy is a far cry from the ideals that the Teas once had, but are abandoning under Cruz leadership.
Look at me! Look at me! I came to the clown show that is Congress because working people wanted something better, but instead I became the head clown.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of Rolling Stone, the 7 worst ideas that tea baggers are working on at the State level:

1. North Carolina's "Establish an Official State Religion" resolution

2. New Mexico's "Rape Fetus as Evidence" bill

3. Michigan's "Guns in Daycare Centers" bill

4. Mississippi's "Who's Your Daddy?" cord blood testing bill

5. South Dakota's "No Weekends or Holidays" abortion bill

6. Alabama's "Tim Tebow" bill

7. Tennessee's "Cut Your Welfare If Your Child Fails a Class" bill

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-seven-most-extreme-state-laws-proposed-this-year-20130910#ixzz2gDJZFi2K
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missouri Teas just passed a law nullifying the US constitution concerning gun laws.
They have taken over and Federal laws no longer apply.
Only Tea Party Law.
If an FBI arrests someone in Missouri, he will be arrested himself by State cops.
The Teas are moving beyond paralysis to real damage through bad government at the State level everywhere, and soon to send out IOUs to small businesses at the Fed. level.
This happened in Europe with the Catholic Church. Well intended church fathers gave way to evil ambitious clowns who took over everything including the Governments. Pious people who focused on Christian principles blindly supported the Church even after they slaughtered, stole.
Americans came here to escape the Church.
One day we may flee the Tea Party Nation, while they are making us repeat empty promises made by the original well intended founders of the Teas.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, Americans didn't come here to escape religion. They came here for religious and economic freedom.

There is a growing civil war sentiment in America today. I'm afraid it could fracture our nation someday. There have already been some counties in California who've voted to secede. And talk in the south also. I think it would be interesting to let the R's secede from the L's. I have no doubt which side would build a vibrant economy.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Bard.
They came to escape from the Church of England and Catholic Church after the good guys were displaced by the clowns who abandoned their principles while pretending to still support them.
It wasn't religion or gov. It was the combo of bad religious leaders who became bad government
Seemed like a good idea at first when you had good people in there but it turned bad when the faces changed and they actually had to govern with no clue how to do it.
See the similarity?
I am esp. Offended by Cruz statements that Ocare is unconstitutional. I supported the idea that it might not be and welcomed the Teas success in bringing it to the Court to decide.
When it proved constitutional according to the final authority set out in the Constitution, anyone who cared about that document accepted that fact.
Cruz just lies about its constitutionality.
This is giving the finger to that document. When they crossed that line they became the enemy of those who support the Constitution.
That is not who the Teas meant to be, but got hijacked by Cruz ,Bachman, and worse.
America needs a third party with the principles of the Teas.
Cruz and the Shutdown America Crew would not find a place in a real tea party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 41 of 59

Jump to: