myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post by Krauhammer was long, so for those needing it here is a summary.
1) Barry didit so it is OK for us to do something wrong.
2) the GOP is trying to pass little bills which spend money we blocked to make the GOP look better in this clusterfu:k we are putting on the people.
The Dems won't help us in this Public Relations effort to make the GOP look good.
3)Obama caused the Tea Party to be created so their actions are his fault.
Nearly all legislation these days is single party line and so is this but I am pretending that is not true by using examples of bills from the age of bipartisanship long ago.
Obama should not have passed this on a majority vote like the Constitution requires.
Screw that democracy nonsense.
Screw the Constitution If the GOP didn't vote for it then it shouldn't be a law.

The GOP has only one health plan and that is the ACA.
If Obama will agree to drop Obamacare,the GOP could propose the ACA the next day with ample proof they wrote it. The main problem solved.

I first said this as a joke but my wife thinks it might work. The conservative fake news machine has convinced their know nothing audience the two are different.They just need to amplify that.
The Teas could play an important role in spreading the word that Ocare is defeated and the new Conservative plan is implemented at your local exchange.
It would be win for the Teas, the GOP, and the American people.
All that is needed is for the Teas to allow the gov to turn back on and go home to announce their success.
They can prove it by showing that the Exchanges, the websites, all say ACA because Obamacare is now gone.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, Charles Krauthammer's opinions are always a joke. Just another President Obama hater from the conservative right wing. Krauthammer and Jennifer Rubin are the Washington Post's token commentators from the extreme right, and neither has any credibility in my view.

To make my point, let's take Krauthammer's insinuation that President Obama unilaterally changed the ACA law passed by Congress. There was no change to the law, as it still includes the employer mandate. I think Krauthammer conveniently forgets that laws like the ACA are administrated by the executive branch of the government and not by the Legislative branch. If the Obama Administration elects to temporarily postpone the start of the employer mandate, they have the unquestionable right to do that. Of course, the truth doesn't support Krauthammer's rant, so he passes off a lie of sorts. It's like I said, Krauthammer has no credibility.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swc, it sounds like you'd prefer somebody like Chris Matthews, he'd like to write a book titled "Killing O'Reilly".

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/360282/chris-matthews-when-are-we-going-get-killing-oreilly-andrew-johnson
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what we think. The most recent Gallup poll has Obama at 41% approval.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation making good press for him. He was at 37 a short time ago.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
It doesn't matter what we think. The most recent Gallup poll has Obama at 41% approval.

Better than Dubya.

And at least it's not McCain/Palin or Romney/Ryan in the WH........ so who gives a rat's ass?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
swc, it sounds like you'd prefer somebody like Chris Matthews, he'd like to write a book titled "Killing O'Reilly".

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/360282/chris-matthews-when-are-we-going-get-killing-oreilly-andrew-johnson

Is that the Conservative media I keep hearing about?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry NW30, I don't watch any 24/7 cable news, so I don't watch Matthews, O'Reilly or any of the other news entertainers so prevalent today that craft biased commentary for those on the left or the right.

However, with that said, I have recently seen interviews of both Matthews and O'Reilly focused on their latest book releases. Matthews' book about the relationship between President Reagan and Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill highlights the personal friendship that developed between the two men. Despite their decidedly different political beliefs, productive negotiations ensued and many important agreements were reached as a result of their relationship. Something we don't see much of today in our heavily polarized political environment. Moreover, despite Matthews very pointed liberal views, he offered a lot of praise for Ronald Reagan and what he achieved during his presidency.

Regarding the interview with O'Reilly and his recent book, 'Killing Jesus', you really had an opportunity to see him in a different light. Although his usual arrogance was quite evident in his dialog, he wasn't on his normal political stage being rude and combative. It was a bit more about the man and his interests. Frankly, I enjoyed watching the interview.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swc, interesting that you say that, lets not forget that there were 8 government shutdowns during the Reagan administration.

And during those, there was none of this stuff going on~
NBC: Police Remove Vietnam War Veterans at Memorial Wall
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nbc-police-remove-vietnam-war-veterans-memorial-wall_759267.html

Or fencing off the other ones,,,,,,,,,, this is totally intentional.

And it even get crazier, slam the source if you need to, but they aren't lying.

Feds Try to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/05/Feds-Try-to-Close-the-OCEAN-Because-of-Shutdown

From the article~
Apparently, according to an anonymous Park Service ranger, “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Obama administration has been very selective in devoting resources to shutting down memorials."

If I remember correctly, the Obama Administration has been focused on cutting non-essential services and personnel in this government shutdown fiasco created by Republican extremists in the House. But I understand that the above quote from the Weekly Standard appeals to folks like yourself. It's news that has be culled and buffed up to suggest that President Obama and his administration is somehow to blame for the government shutdown and being against the "little guy".

It's predictable how right wing new sources are making a big deal about federal park rangers doing their job. Like the Republican Representative from Texas that just had to be a rude jerk to a female park ranger in front of the camera. I have to say that I'm glad that it backfired on him.

You know, I don't remember conservative Republicans in our state legislature being so worried about state park rangers doing there job keeping out the hordes of state park visitors out of closed parks. No, they were perfectly happy insisting on cutting the crap out of the state park budget in their ever ongoing cause against big government. In that scenario, it was up to the liberal leftists to protest against park closures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 53 of 59

Jump to: