myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They raised my rates three times in the last five years and my company sent me a letter like that but didn't have the ACA to mention those times.

I guess the next raise will say ACA, when the real reason will be that they want to make more money by charging more, without pissing off too many clients.

I do this in my business too, but don't whine about my overhead while banking billions.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My high deductible health insurance rates also increased. But, out of pocket costs decreased. Now, my annual physical, blood work and preventative screenings are covered. So, my rate increase is mostly offset. My previous insurance costs (prior to the ACA) more than doubled in about 7 years with not a single claim. Was that the ACA too?

And, the law will not be repealed no matter what the opposition does. Most providers I know have largely completed the transition to electronic medical records, hospitals are retooling for the Medicare changes and the exchanges (in many places) are up and running. The plan is being integrated into the provider's businesses and practices. Too much momentum.

Insurance companies are making a play for some profits before the consumer realizes he can shop now for competitive rates.

Stevenbard. I differ from your assessment that Cruz et al are doing what their constituents demand. Cruz did not receive 100 % of the votes in Texas. Because he won a majority does not mean he should not represent ALL of his constituents. This idea that obstructionism is representation is BS.

Last edited by coboardhead on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, I got to hand it to you, you're good at digging up BS. Folks are updating their health insurance starting October or later, so all the nonsense about the ACA driving up rates is just that. When you look at the more recent trends, increasing costs for healthcare have actually slowed while President Obama has been in the White House.

NW30, the ACA is settled law until Congress changes it. Right now, the Republican party doesn't have a chance to accomplish anything, and if they did, they would have to offer a viable replacement plan. Senator Cruz's antics continue to prove just how foolish a segment of the Republican party can be. If he doing what his constituents want, in my view, that doesn't say much for the majority of Texans. Cruz doesn't really care about America. Actually, I think that if the truth be told, Cruz is barking for the small percentage folks with all the money that want government out of their way. That, and feeding his ego.

Last edited by swchandler on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilary Clinton - Senator for the State of New York, a victory made possible in part by money from the health care industry; she is second highest recipient of health care industry campaign donations.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, the majority of people that Cruz represents are dirt poor individualists from Texas. You might want to see which billionaires are attending Obama and Clinton fundraisers. I hardly think they will be attending Cruz fund raisers in 2016. Oh yeah you can mention a few, but the vast majority of limousine liberals support the oligarchs who now control our once great nation, because it's better to be a political crony than a worker bee.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The health care people seem to think she will be President of the US. so they support her.
Maybe a lot of people think Cruz wont be for some reason.
He needs to be for something instead being famous for opposing things.
I was often guilty of this college politics. Cruz may want to move on from the NO thing and propose a health care plan.
We cant afford the current mess.

Those who actually solve Americas problems are going to be the heroes, rather than those with the highest principles who love the Constitution the most.
Same in my biz. I pay those who achieve, even if they annoy me.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hilary Clinton - Senator for the State of New York, a victory made possible in part by money from the health care industry; she is second highest recipient of health care industry campaign donations.

This is true, and it is the main reason I supported Obama in the primaries in 2008. At the end of the day, Obama cut the exact same deal with big pharma that Clinton would have cut--because without a single Republican vote to be had with any amendments, they had to cut that deal in order to get the bill passed.

It could have been a better bill if the Republicans thought about what was good for America, instead of what they wanted to use as a club to try to fight Obama. But they were more interested in winning the Presidency back (and wrong about how to go about it) than they were interested in leading. And now they are worse because of the crazy tea baggers.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, you act as though Obama was incapable of making the ACA simpler, easier to understand and implement, and more free market based. He just couldn't control himself without Republican support could he? He forced this through in the middle of the night with zero R support, because he knew if he waited it wouldn't pass.

Obama chose to sign a D only law, that will haunt America and Democrats for decades to come. Or I pray will bring healthcare to all for a reasonable cost. I'm not betting on it though.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Senator Cruz and his constituents, you've got the dimwitted folks out there that buy his BS and foolishly elected him, and you've got the folks I was referring to earlier that essentially funded his campaign and will continue to do so into the future. Without the money, Cruz would have gone nowhere. I think that most of us know what he's against, but what is he really for? I know that it isn't for average Americans, because he doesn't have any real plans or ideas that prove that.

But I have to be honest and acknowledge that money and the interests behind it have been having too great an influence in our elections, the lobbying process and the legislative agenda. Needless to say, I have been very vocal in my opinion that the Supreme Court really screwed up on the Citizens United decision. But we know who was behind that decision, the folks with the money. However, when it comes down to the different money folks that support Democrats and Republicans, I'm decided with the ones that support the Democratic agenda. Certainly the lesser of the two evils.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Bard, do you actually believe that Republicans were really behind passing landmark healthcare reform? Hell, they couldn't even support what is arguably a conservative Republican plan. Ironically though, they'd still love to privatize Medicare. Can you explain that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 39 of 59

Jump to: