myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is RR now disavowing:

Quote:
"teachers are the worst for this."
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'll lay claim to that comment. Perhaps I should have prefaced "in my experience..."

The comment in context:
"A bit of a side note or observation. I run a small contracting company. I am always amazed at the people who are most likely to ask if I will do the project for "cash" are usually civil servants and union employed people. Last week I signed up a project with a husband and wife teacher duo (teachers are the worst for this) they asked the old "cash" question. No shame? Their pay cheques come from taxes yet they don't want to contribute to the system."

Keycocker,
I'm not saying the basic political lines aren't similiar, but spend some time here and you'll understand. The sad part is that we seem so eager to follow in your footsteps. I guess soon enough our politicians can hone their skills of being ineffective too, and we can all become so divisive.

Keycocker,
What are you doing in Belize?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to need media help to make that happen.
In my youth the far left had an underground press and radio stations, handout flyers... A whole media full of false information and spin.
In college debates on issues like the Vietnam War they lost every time because they had the facts wrong.
You could not tell them otherwise, they heard it on the radio,and read in the paper, saw it on a flyer, and also heard it from a speaker....

The War went on and the Far Left convinced no one and seem to have vanished under their mountains of BS.
Few Americans identify themselves as anything but moderates, independents or conservatives these days.
Now the Right in the States has developed a massive media which misinforms them. Most of it if styled to resemble news, like Talk Radio and the non news cycle part of Fox.
It is burying the Right now in a repeat of history. The rightness of conservative principles is not convincing to young educated voters when Trump or Bachman or Limbaugh or Savage is the messenger.
You are gonna need a powerful fake media on either the left or right ,no matter, to damage your country as much as we have trashed ours.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windsurfing with a bunch of Canadians for thirty years now.
Great waves, barefoot lifestyle.
I built my house there in 1979 and in 89 bought a failed resort on Caye Caulker.made it into hundreds of cheap beach lots, a nature reserve and a the Ocean Academy High School
Try here www.cayecaulker.net.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link didn't work for me.

Sounds like a great lifestyle. I've often thought of doing something along those lines locally once I'm sick of my current business. That must have been quite the jump to move there, but I'm sure you must love it. What's the sailing there? Waves, flat, B&J?

Just saw your comment above.....I watch maybe an hour to two of TV in a week. What I see on there I find to be revolting trash and the news is just the same depressing garbage repeated over and over IMO. The only thing I find enjoyable to watch is documentaries, educational and anything "how to."
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We enjoy some bump and jump inside the reef , then go in close where it is flat to speed to the wave site in the openings in the reef all in the same session.
After a few waves we sometimes sail across to another island.
Overhead twenty days a month summer and winter in the channels.
Mountains is far out but is mast high a lot.
I am 72 kilos and sail 5.7 mostly on a 74 liter Thommen wave board.
The wind blows about half the days.
You can buy a white sand lot 100ft from the beach for C$50K.
No cars . Crystal clear water except when its blowing 4.0.
Lotta lobster.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious. How do you divide your time between Maui, Belize and any other regular spots? Do you follow a pretty set schedule every year, or do you mix it up?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made Belize home from Nov.through May/July
then travelled in the US visiting family and friends,
and several months in Maui during June July Aug Sept. Oct. when the wind is often best in maui.
In fall we like to spend a month in Europe, my wife is French.
France is has hundreds of launches.
We like to take advanced classes in windsurfing in Tarifa, Spain and France.
We travelled to sail in other places in the summer as well in some years.
Living local style in Belize ran about US$10K to 12K for those 7or 8 months and about $20K more for the other 4 or five months on the road.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC....$30k /yr to be an international windsurf bum? Are you kidding? I'm putting in my notice today!!!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your candor. Sounds like a vibrant lifestyle doing the things that you like the most. No doubt, I'm envious. Yet, from what I can gather, you've made some important investments in the past that have made it possible to live big on what is arguably a shoestring budget.

I can say that I live comfortably in retirement in a very nice place on what would be a very frugal budget to some. It definitely pays to invest in your future during your working career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 37 of 59

Jump to: