myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers, I have a column at the end of Windsport (which I guess tells you who I am if you have an issue lying around) but wouldn't say I represent them. I'd have to check with the editor to make sure he's cool having an interview like this, but my guess is that he would like it. Let me be clear that my views and statements (especially when I'm joking about kiters) are not endorsed by Windsport.

Isobars, that's quite a list man. Worth talking about. You're a polarizing figure. Seems like there's some bad blood on here. I'd really just like to use you as an intro to the windsurfing blogging world. It seems as though you're the most prolific windsurfing blogger around. For my part, I don't care whether you're a jerk or not. What matters is that you never seem to stop writing.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviddk wrote:
But seriously isobars, why do you BFF? I don`t get it.

I guarantee you 100% that no one wants me to revisit that topic. SEARCH iW, rec.windsurfing, and probably Google for many scores, maybe hundreds, of pages of explanations thereof. I can think of nothing that has not been said several times on it.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we're off topic. Does anybody care at this point in this thread?

maxpowers wrote:
I'd really just like to use you as an intro to the windsurfing blogging world. It seems as though you're the most prolific windsurfing blogger around. For my part, I don't care whether you're a jerk* or not. What matters is that you never seem to stop writing.

Why would I? To me, writing is the next best major activity to WSing, and at present it's far less painful. Imagine going DTL on ONE wave face for several hours nonstop, in an altered state of consciousness, without even an hour hand, let alone a minute or second hand, on the clock. If I didn't have a life beyond windsurfing and writing, and if prolonged sitting weren't literally about as hazardous to our health as smoking, I could spend all day with my fingers on the keyboard and my brain cells smoking.

* Nor do I, if not being one requires compromising my integrity. I'd rather be the target than the source of this group's endless, lying, ad hominem and deliberate distortions.

Feel free to call or PM me about that interview. If you can persuade me it's going to be an honest one, we can talk.
maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you PM on here? I feel like we're getting a room;)

If I wanted to burn you, I would ask to talk with you. If we do an interview, I'll let you see it before I send it in. If you want to tweak an answer, no sweat. We'd talk just so I could get a sense of what questions to ask. But all the actual interview questions would be done in writing through email.

My column is due in about a week. If anyone has better ideas, I'm looking for something to write about. If this falls through, or no one offers something better, I'll just find a way to plug my awesome sponsor:) By the way guys, Northwave, Chinook, Nolimitz and Dakine rock. You should all be using that gear. And the Naish Koncept flipping rips in the Gorge. End plug
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be hell.
westender

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Iso gets free grease from Iwindsurf when his hinges squeak. The rest of us suffer along.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxpower,
I just checked my Windsport. You would be Mitch Gingrich then?
Windsport's a Canadian rag. What's wrong, tough time finding a Canadian like your subject? I know it's a tall order this side of the border. We tend to not engage with eachother in such a manner. Laughing
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kook who wants to drag us into his mind.... this must be hell.
maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers, Yep, that's me.

Since Windsurfing Magazine went down, Windsport calls itself the North American rag. It pretty much is too. Most of it's coverage is from and about the US.

Are you suggesting I take up someone from Canada as a topic? There're a ton of them around.

Your last sentence is a bit strange to me. I'm from the US, even grew up in the Gorge. What did you mean by the "we tend not to engage each other in such a manner?"

WMP, are you calling me a kook? Man, this place it making me dumber every day.
GuyT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:

Are you suggesting I take up someone from Canada as a topic? There're a ton of them around.

Ya, instead, why don't you write about me and my statistics?

Wait, Windsurfing mag already did a little thing on me. In their last issue. Embarassed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: