myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nolimitz FAST mast compatibility
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Nolimitz FAST mast compatibility Reply with quote

I bought a Nolimitz 460 FAST from Chris at Northwave today and plan to use it with a couple of late model Ezzy sails (Freeride V, Zephyr).

Anyone has experience matching Ezzy with Nolimitz? Anyone used this particular mast with an Ezzy?
KevinDo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they are compatible due to the ferrule placement. Ezzy's have them on the top part while I believe the NoLimitz has it on the bottom part of the mast.

-Kevin

nodak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right. I meant using the Nolimitz 460 FAST mast with Ezzy sails.

I found a few threads on the topic, but wanted to get someone actual experience rigging Ezzy sails on NL 460 FAST masts.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodak wrote:
Yes, you're right. I meant using the Nolimitz 460 FAST mast with Ezzy sails.

I found a few threads on the topic, but wanted to get someone actual experience rigging Ezzy sails on NL 460 FAST masts.

Oops totally misread that haha sorry. With that in mind I believe the NoLimitz mast are slightly stiffer than the ezzys. The NoLimitz rep is on this forum and should be here in 3...2...1...

whitevan01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Ezzy directly about this a couple of years ago on their website when I got some Ezzy sails in addition to Northwaves. (Northwaves use NoLimitz masts).

They basically told me "no go". So, right now I also have a 460 NL Fast mast that I don't use at all. I use Northwaves only in the smaller sizes (4.7 - 3.7). but, that's just me.
KevinDo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitevan01 wrote:
I asked Ezzy directly about this a couple of years ago on their website when I got some Ezzy sails in addition to Northwaves. (Northwaves use NoLimitz masts).

They basically told me "no go". So, right now I also have a 460 NL Fast mast that I don't use at all. I use Northwaves only in the smaller sizes (4.7 - 3.7). but, that's just me.

Have you at least tried to rig the ezzys on the NoLimitz? Maybe you'll lose some performance but who knows! Very Happy

nodak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that Nolimitz makes masts that are marginally compatible with the majority of sails out there. After all, masts are their only product.
Brian_S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodak,
Just contact them. Ezzy is very responsive.
Brian
ColdWater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: NoLimitz 430 + Ezzy Cheetah 6.5M Reply with quote

Using the "original" NoLimitz 430 on the '12 Ezzy Cheetah 6.5M.
Ezzy 430 is relatively close to the NoLimitz regarding MCS/IMCS and %bend relative to midpoint. Ezzy on their site recommends tip 75-79% and base 61-64%. The NoLimitz is 78% and 64%. Bit on the stiffer side of the recommended range.

Numbers seem to correlate with on water performance. The 6.5M is my "light" wind sail for use one the RRD 100L FireMove. Have only rigged it twice at the mid downhaul marker. All other times downhaul set at light wind markings. Sail has decent low end omph, stable & controllable when a gust line hits. Real happy with how the sail feels and functions with the NoLimitz.

An old favorite 5.5M sail, the '00 Naish Edge on the NoLimitz 430 stinks. Super sweet sail on the 430 std diameter. Limited life left left in this sail. Not sure if it's the rdm of the NoLimitz or flex characteristics or both. So, on RRD100 days need to pack couple different masts, couple different mast bases....Guess it's time for a Cheetah 5.5M. Will make life simpler.
nodak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, here's the reply I'd received on the Ezzy message board: "...we're not crazy about the NL bend curves. They seen to favor stiffer tip and softer bottom curves then we do. Ezzy mast bend curves are tip: 75% to 79% and base: 62% to 65%..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: