myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lost my Simmer near Rufus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1963sparky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Lost my Simmer near Rufus Reply with quote

5.0 brown/orange Simmer lost/left sitting on island near Rufus after having to self rescue home. Mast and boom still attached. Anyone catch sight of it?
bwill808

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost my Simmer near Rufus Reply with quote

1963sparky wrote:
5.0 brown/orange Simmer lost/left sitting on island near Rufus after having to self rescue home. Mast and boom still attached. Anyone catch sight of it?

I lost a rigged 5.2 neilpryde combat, pryde matrix mast and pryde boom in that area few months back, similar situation on the water I figure it gone for good there is no sailing down wind of there Sad
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which island? You can walk to most or all of the islands west of Rufus, where the Oregon islands are separated by waist deep water. The only ones we can't wade to are the mid-river islands near the dam ... an unlikely spot to reach accidentally. Google Earth to spot the really shallow paths between islands or just follow your nose along the main channel shoreline, put on some wadin' shoes, and take a hike. I've taken it barefooted a few times after the current overcame the dying wind before I learned to sit on my board and slog dead east.

Mike \m/
boily

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 1963sparky,

I'm the guy who gave you an hand for the rescue. I sailed your gear on the next island, up the river, like I told you I was going to do. I left it on the next bank, across from the chanel. At the moment, because of my lack of knowledge of the surrounding, I thought it was linked to Rufus and accessible by foot. I left it there, secured with rocks on each points. You told me that you were coming back to get it. I'm sorry if this turns out to be material lost for you Sad

but someone as taken it. Hope is honest enough to return it, because the rig was not drifting, this indicate that someone's left it there for a purpose.

hope you get it back soon!

by the way, I have lots of respect for you, since I know in what state you sail.

Pierre from Montreal
1963sparky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Piere, I came back the next day. But was gone. Larry Gill aka 1963sparky
trburl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Ha! 1963sparky.....

I hope it shows up, but if not I think you'll be able to get another one from the father of Sam Henry Gill.

Hope your summer is going well Larry!

Tom Burlingame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: