myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stolen board - San Fran - Fanatic Skate 99L TE (green) 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xavduke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Stolen board - San Fran - Fanatic Skate 99L TE (green) 2013 Reply with quote

My beloved Fanatic Skate 99L was stolen last night from the roof rack of my car, in San Francisco. I was only left with the strap dangling on the roof top this morning as I reached my car.

Special signs on the board: Fanatic Skate Team Edition (bright green), 99 litters, model from 2013. Got a nose job on it making it all white on the nose area view from the top and lighter green (than the rest of the board) view from the bottom. This makes it rather easy to recognise (see before / after picture attached). It also has a rather large scratch mark (repaired) underneath.

If by any chance you come across my board, or anyone trying to sell it, I would be most grateful if you take the time to please help me and inform me about it.

PhotoShake.jpg
 Description:
before (top) - after (bottom)
 Filesize:  151.59 KB
 Viewed:  19383 Time(s)

PhotoShake.jpg

spennie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that royally sucks. You forgot to ask anyone who sees the thief with the board to pummel him senseless and kick him in the naughty bits, then set his car on fire.

Going to Maui Saturday, will keep my eyes open.

hoodvista

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major bummer, and sorry to hear about it. One time when I was living in San Francisco somebody broke my car's front window just to steal my baseball cap. No matter what neighborhood you are in it's common to see broken glass on the sidewalks from the previous night's break-ins. Frisco is not Kansas anymore.
xavduke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! It does suck big time... I like the your suggestions about how to handle the dude if anyone sees him Smile Have fun in Maui and thanks for the message.
xavduke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The harsh reality of SF is settling on me... I was lulled in believing my neighborhood was safe and all, but I guess not. Tough lesson to swallow for sure, but let it not be in vain. cheers
dclopez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd never leave my boards on top of vehicle in the city without a cable lock thru the foot straps ... you can buy a 6-ft bike cable and basic lock thru foot straps ... hopefully your average scumbag will not want to hassle with removing footstraps or cutting thru cable ... just the appearance of cable and lock will deter lots of thieves ...
starfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born and raised in SF. Escaped to the gorge in 03. Buy a plain white van. No stickers or fancy wheels. Tint the back windows dark as possible. Make a drape behind the seats with black plastic. If they can't see it they won't steal it. Works for me. Or better yet move...
philodog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ll keep my eyes open in the Gorge, although we don`t have any criminals up here.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of boards on the rack without locks during the last three summers without any issues. But I'm talking about the boring Sunset district and a couple of boring looking 05 JP boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: