myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2012 Naish Nitrix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: 2012 Naish Nitrix Reply with quote

anyone sailing one of these? thoughts?
in particular the 135l.

combs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a 2012 115 liter at the beginning of this season and love it. Fast, easy to jibe.
d0uglass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might have changed the Nitrix between 2011 and 2012, but most people in the windsurfing magazine board test thought the 2011 150-something liter version was a lemon (very bad). Heavy and inefficient feeling with poor light wind planing performance. There were 110 liter boards in the test that easily planed earlier than the 150 liter Nitrix! The 105 liter 2011 Nitrix was a bit better liked. It needed wind, too, but it was a rad blaster when powered.
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^
interesting.
maybe thats why theyre on sale for a thousand bucks off then.. i guess i'll give it a pass.
thanks

adywind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it about Naish sails and boards?! I like their colorful graphics a lot, but every time I look at one of them I'm like: man, ill have to rethink my whole quiver. The one time I tried a Naish cambered sail it felt very strange and uncomfortable. Are they trying to be different at any price sacrificing practicality in the process?!? I don't know- their products are not popular at all where I sail.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naish boards are almost always right up my alley, though I don't know
the Nitrix, but Naish wave boards are pretty popular around where
I sail. Naish sails, not so much.

-Craig

adywind wrote:
What is it about Naish sails and boards?! I like their colorful graphics a lot, but every time I look at one of them I'm like: man, ill have to rethink my whole quiver. The one time I tried a Naish cambered sail it felt very strange and uncomfortable. Are they trying to be different at any price sacrificing practicality in the process?!? I don't know- their products are not popular at all where I sail.
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adywind wrote:
The one time I tried a Naish cambered sail it felt very strange and uncomfortable..

And there you have it folks. The published opinion of an a self- acclaimed expert based on thorough research located at an un-named windsurfing Mecca.

Coachg
adywind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
adywind wrote:
The one time I tried a Naish cambered sail it felt very strange and uncomfortable..

And there you have it folks. The published opinion of an a self- acclaimed expert based on thorough research located at an un-named windsurfing Mecca.

Coachg

This explains everything. According to Da Coach - Naish ws products are for experts ONLY, to be sailed at ws Meccas ONLY-and Da Coach gets this stuff. Average Joes /like me/ and all the PWA pros please look elsewhere -you are not expertly enough.
http://www.pwaworldtour.com/index.php?id=8
See any Naish here?!?
And btw I was doing research about a 2005 RRD AVR for a friend and look what I've found! Even then the Naish freeride board was the worst in the test.
http://www.dk-content.de/surf/premium-pdf/tests/freerideboards150_0505.pdf
Good at wave boards and sails?! C'mon even the 5 year olds on Maui can draw decent wave boards and sails and the good people in Taiwan will build them...cheap.
I'm curious: is your shared fondness of pirate logos coincidence ? Wink))
adywind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG coachg! Are you...?!? This is f...g awesome!!! Can I get an autograph please?!
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not afiliated with any sail or board brand. I've owned North, Wind Wing, Neil Pryde, Naish, Gaastra, Aerotech, Mauisails & Severne sails and rented or demoed Ka, Ezzy & Loft sails. My current boards are from Starbosrd, Fanatic & Exocet but I've owned & rented many others. My tastes in boards & sails keeps evolving as I do. I currently use Naish wave & free ride sails & Mauisails race sails.

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion and you expressed yours. I simply pointed out the fact that you labeled an entire brand based on your experience with ONE sail. If you don't want people to point out that your foot is in your mouth, don't shove it so far down your throat.

As for my avatar, it is a marauder logo for the school I coached at until last year. I should probably change it but have been too lazy. The last time I checked the Naish logo was a skull & crossbones.

Coachg

Last edited by coachg on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: