myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bla Boyz -5 0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this story. Our community polices itself. Glad the board was found and the takers reprimanded.

Reminds me when my own board was taken one evening from outside my cottage on the Cape. Three generations were out in force the next morning searching for the board and the culprits. As my wife, daughter and I were seaching the extents of the shoreline, my gray-haired little mother ( for goodness sakes) went off on her own and found my board leaning against a cottage down the beach. She busted in, sternly declared that was her son's board, and brow beat the guys into immediately lugging it back to me. Key takeaways: (1) Don't ever mess with an old angry Swedish woman, (2) She'll be back patrolling Cape Cod in a couple weeks, should any of you have further trouble and need her assistance.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Justall!!!!! Laughing
JFred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The details: Last Monday evening I was scrambling to make last call at UPS store. My 6 months pregnant Jamie wanted to turn my quick run to store +back into "taking a loop " around town. I said " no, ill be right back". I really just wanted to go get back home asap. I then sensed elevated hormones + decided I could handle a car ride. Loaded "road warrior dog" Cochise in back of Forester. No collar or leash. Went to Ups then took a longer than usual route. Eventually stopping at intersection near Brown's island. Put right directional on started to turn. Diagonally across street were two trucks , 3 twenty somethings, + 1 Angulo board hanging out of red pickup. I pulled car over towards them abruptly + jumped out. Jamie was very confused as to what was happening. "I am taking this board NOW. This in Not your Fucting board" The three knew I meant business. Two went around front of truck + left buddy who had board to deal with me. I took the board as I was yelling at him put it on top of our car. Jamie caught on + started verbaly assaulting him. Then Cochise started the verbal assault. The guy was saying "he found it, no one was around so he took it "etc. Total bs. Big adrenaline rush for me. Then realized I didn't have a strap, leash or anything to tie board on car. In the back of his was a blue climbing line. " give me that line" I said. Then took it + tied board down, dropped a few more f- bombs . + Off we went. Marblehead is a small town. I am planning to cut line in sections, leaving them in his truck with notes like" we need to talk" etc. Should have some fun with this one.
outcast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. I can sleep now.

Crazyfingers:...Maybe tone down the graphics in the future.....make the boards less attractive?

outcast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MISTER Ride:
Just thinkin....
You sealed the deal when you made them give up the rope.
Rather than cut it to pieces....

I would offer the mind rattler of tying the rope into a monkeys-fist and leaving it with a "Jesus Loves You" tag

kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome story! always good to get the gear back. I guess nobody will be prosecuting the "cool dudes"?

several years ago, thieves stole a windsurfer's van with all his gear in it. the windsurfer also happened to be a prominent member of the Cal Sailing Club (5 miles from his home), and he was hanging out there when the thieves came and try to sell his gear to the club.

Best parts of the story:

-the thieves were arrested
-the insurance claim on the van and the gear had already come through, so the windsurfer ended up with new gear (replacement) and money toward a new van

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: