myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Is BHO getting paranoid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac, are you a racist? No? Then why did you just play the race card?
You, my friend, are part of the racial divide, also known as being part of the problem.

I suspect his real name is Al Sharpton.
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac, are you a racist? No? Then why did you just play the race card?
You, my friend, are part of the racial divide, also known as being part of the problem.

I suspect his real name is Al Sharpton.

I suspect - and the language used on talk radio makes this quite evident - that the authors and the consumers of cheap right wing populism think Democrats are in fact a race.

They just substitute 'Liberal' for the N-word - the rest remains the same.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--the right wing talk radio has a series of talking points that are, in fact, racially biased. You guys repeat them, ad nauseum, insisting that anyone that points out racism in language is the real racist. Poppycock. I could give you dozens of examples of racism in real life, but perhaps you should listen to Billy Holiday sing Strange Fruit.

When you folks hold Obama to a standard that you didn't hold Bush to, you are in fact guilty of bias. Pretend all you want that it is something else--I don't believe you.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, your were the one who had to play the race card (again, I might add), nobody else.
Anything that follows that, on your part, is nothing but 'phhht'.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are few credible excuses left for the incompetence of this administration, the cries of racism are an inevitable last resort. The ACA is so terribly complicated we are told..........it should be no surprise that it's taking longer than expected. The President is so smart in postponing the implementation. What utter nonsense. Experienced managers know that large scale projects are usually more complex than they at first appear. They make allowances for those unforeseen complexities when promising delivery and when making resourcing decisions. Inexperienced and incompetent managers are surprised by lack of progress late in the game and have to request embarrassing postponements. In no other sphere of life would this type of incompetence be tolerated, but in the political sphere it will continue as long as sycophants characterize any critics of the President as racists.......while simultaneously bemoaning the "increasingly belligerent society without enough sense of civic responsibility and unity".
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct Mrgybe. And furthermore...

http://rare.us/story/move-over-nsa-here-comes-the-obamacare-big-brother-database/

Could the healthcare/IRS database be worse than the NSA scandal?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism is not a simple thing. Very few people regard their actions as racist, including members of the KKK.
In the Martin King days,if someone pointed out racist acts, folks would charge the speaker with racism for pointing out uncomfortable realities.
Were all those Americans who supported equality just playing the race card or were they speaking the truth to power?
The Irish Race faced a lot of prejudice out east at one time.

Regionalism like in Hawaii." Get out of my way ,you aren't from here"

Spanish who only vote for Latinos.
Jews who only vote for other members of the Jewish Race.
Men who never vote for women candidates
Right now the most important "racial" conflict going on is between the Sunni and Shia races. It is the root of terrorism
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Could the healthcare/IRS database be worse than the NSA scandal?

FAR worse, so far, IMO. NSA just has a database; the IRS has already criminally used theirs, as directed from their DC HQ ... at least.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, how conveniently you look away and ignore Republicans on the national and state levels that have tried endlessly to fight and kill the ACA and delay its implementation. You're just showing your selective prejudice. If you were responsible for the ACA implementation, tell us how would you have kicked a lot of Republican ass to get the job done? I'm all ears.
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
.......In no other sphere of life would this type of incompetence be tolerated, but in the political sphere it will continue as long as sycophants characterize any critics of the President as racists.......while simultaneously bemoaning the "increasingly belligerent society without enough sense of civic responsibility and unity".

You seem to be unable to go on without frequent swipes or insults towards me. I paid attention when you made the occasional factual contribution, or at least proffered an actual opinion for debate - that's no longer the case. Pity.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: