myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
U.S. now an international laughing stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last people I spoke with are Polish windsurfers I saw off at the airport.
Kai the sail designer for North dropped them. He is Australian
Before that I dropped a race car part to JoJo.She is half Korean.
Just previous I spoke to my wife in Montana.
She is French.
Eric and I made plans to race mañana.He is a speed sailor from England.
Before that I went to the pool with my Muslim windsurfer friends.
She is Bangladeshi. I saw Peter who is South African.
The reason I only spoke to one German friend today is because I didn't go sailing or I would likely have seen my other German friends.

I live in the expat windsurfing community in Maui, mainly among the Euros.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true Key! Really dynamic world crew on Maui.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you choose to believe that most Germans don't care what their Chancellor is saying........whether they agree with her or not.......and prefer to sit slack jawed in front of the TV watching "the ball game" that is your choice. It, once again, fits neatly with your narrative and with your repeated ability to conjure up first hand opinions........that always coincide with yours......from "informed" sources on any topic at short notice (the French history expert was one of my personal favorites). All my experience with Germans suggests that is unlikely to be true. BTW, you were going to tell us which "ball game" was being referenced.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a mystery to me why, apart from an obsessive hatred of Obama, the righties on this forum would pay much attention to the views of the Germans on Obama's popularity. Their opinions, whatever they may be, have no impact on American politics. This, however, may:

Quote:
You know who doesn't seem to like the Republican Party very much? Republicans.

A couple of new polls were released today which in part detailed voter dissatisfaction with the GOP and its roots. First up is a Washington Post-ABC News poll that asked Republicans and GOP-leaning independents whether the party is on the right or wrong track. An astounding 52 percent of Republicans see their party as being on the wrong track, while only 37 percent see it as on the right one. By contrast, Democrats have a net favorable view of their party, with the favorable/unfavorable split at 72-21.

Similarly, a new survey from Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research for Stan Greenberg and James Carville's Democracy Corps showed that Democrats are happier with their party than GOPers. The Greenberg poll finds 79 percent of Democrats have a "warm, favorable" feeling about their party as opposed to 11 percent with a "cold, unfavorable feeling," while 63 percent of Republicans have a warm feeling for their party against 23 percent with a cold feeling. "One of the things that emerges here is how negative Republicans are about their own party," Greenberg told reporters at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast this morning.

Greenberg's poll sketches out some of the party's fault lines, identifying key elements of the GOP coalition and repeatedly noting where the sizable chunk of moderate GOP voters (25 percent of the party) is often at odds with the more dominant evangelicals (30 percent) and tea party supporters (22 percent), as well as true independents (people who don't lean toward one party or the other). So, for example, 85 percent of evangelical Republicans and 93 percent of tea party-supporting Republicans "strongly disapprove" of President Obama, while only 54 percent of moderate Republicans do and 40 percent of independents.

Or while 82 percent of the evangelical Republicans are "strongly" unfavorable of gay marriage, only 37 percent of moderate Republicans and 29 percent of independents feel that way. And while 64 percent of evangelicals and 58 percent of tea party Republicans are "strongly favorable" toward pro-life groups, only 24 percent of moderate Republicans and 17 percent of independents agree. Or while 71 percent of tea party supporting Republicans feel strongly favorable toward the NRA, only 34 percent of moderate GOPers and a like number of independents feel that way.

Perhaps most tellingly, only half of self-described moderate Republicans said that they mostly vote for the GOP, as compared to 82 percent of evangelical Republicans and 90 percent of tea party Republicans.

Hmm, so a significant element of the swing part of American voters, moderate Republicans, are disenchanted by the Tea Baggers. Meanwhile, what are the Tea Baggers planning? Shut down of government over the ACA--where they have lost in Congress, lost in the Supreme Court, and lost in the last presidential election.

Quote:
Sahil Kapur- August 16, 2013, 3:28 PM 55782

Just when they seemed to have the situation under control, Republican leaders are facing the wrath of conservatives who are furious that the heads of the party aren’t interested in risking a government shutdown over Obamacare this fall.

Conservative anxieties over the Affordable Care Act are reaching a boil as the law’s major provisions are set to take effect in the coming months. And an all-out grassroots mobilization during the month-long August recess by wealthy right-leaning groups like FreedomWorks and Heritage Action appears to be having an impact. Republican lawmakers have said their constituents are demanding they refuse to vote to keep the federal government open after money expires on Sept. 30 unless President Obama’s signature law is defunded.

“I’m hearing a lot of anger that is right beneath the surface, ready to erupt,” said veteran Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX), according to The Hill. Burgess, who has influence within his caucus on health policy, said the support for the defunding push was “virtually unanimous.”

The Senate Conservatives Fund, a tea party group founded by former Sen. Jim DeMint, plans to launch a statewide campaign targeting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), who is up for re-election next year, and aimed at making him “feel the heat” over Obamacare. The Kentuckian recently observed that a government shutdown “won’t stop Obamacare.”

Meanwhile, the pundits on the forum obsess not just about Obama, but about some symbolic game in an offhand remark by KC. Adderall might help their attention span and focus. Or perhaps the approach is to try to divert attention from the tin hat Tea Baggers in Congress?
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tea Baggers", RR is right, you are a terrible salesman. as long as you continue slinging derogatives like that, people won't be reading your crap, with the exception of your small choir, pueno, et al.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30--we know you don't read, you brag about it. What makes you think I'm trying to sell you anything? I'm laughing at you.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gybe finds it suspicious that my opinion of Germans is a perfect match for the info given to me by .... Germans.
It is even suspicious that a windsurfer in Maui would know any Germans.
My favorite is Walter. He is 84, out there every day.

NW thanks for the update.I didn't know tea bagger was an insulting remark in politics. I only use it to insult kiters who drag downwind through Uppers to reach kite beach.
Where does one learn which things you can no longer say?
I just learned leftoids is an insult. Sounds like a Dutch breath mint.
Who decides which new expression is insulting and which is stupid?
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
NW30--we know you don't read, you brag about it. What makes you think I'm trying to sell you anything? I'm laughing at you.

Dude, you are like the cheap paperback magazine that can be found in the gutter, thrown away after a poor salesman's attempt of peddling it.
It's more of your arrogant, condescending attitude, than it is your message. You just did it again.
You have a superior complex that cancels out your message that your are trying to sell.
I'd never buy a used Prius, or even windsurfing stuff from you, because you are too superior,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in your own mind.
Own it, it's yours, nobody else wants it.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Turdy wrote:
...with the exception of your small choir, pueno, et al.

When you say "small choir," Mr. Turdy, an image comes to mind of you, Mr. Fick-shun, Mr. G. Mr. B, and in the past, a dipweed named Matty, trying to sing a few hateful lines. And every now and then, one or two others squawk out a few off-key notes.

You guys make for a funny sideshow, totally devoid of reality.

I just can't figure out where you park your little clown car. Laughing Laughing Laughing
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
This is how the most popular magazine in Germany portrays Obama today...

Mr. B, do you think you could post a link to the source of that picture?

I couldn't find anything close to it on Der Spiegel's site -- and no surprise there.

In fact, YOUR picture of Obama looks very much like this one, which has obviously been photoshopped, except that now the ears are bigger -- obviously more photoshopping.

You've done some great Obama-hate research! Really first class. (Could it be bighairynews.com where you find your intellectual satisfaction?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: