myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
U.S. now an international laughing stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US is a luaghing stock on this issue... even the Pope is telling right wingers they are soooo wrong with their hate. That the Pope actullay has to make this public should tell right wingers....

Isn't it amazing, The Pope basically tells the world that hating Gays, birth control, and abortions is not a top priority of the Christians, .

Well it made headlines around the world but it is not even being discussed in the USA with the religious right on they were wrong and they should not be passing the hate laws they have been setting as the highest priority they can imagine.

What is interesting, is if I owned a media I would be hammering the fundamentalist right wing with this.

If one uses a bit of logic and common sense....

The Pope was ONLY directing his statements to the USA fanatics..
. The right wingers who use the church to hate and divide a nation.

There is no other nation in the world where religious fanatics use this as a weapon in their ranks. Only the US has a top priority of the loony right to hate so much the gays, birth control and abortion. Only Russia is up there for hate of gays with the ultra right wingers here in the USA.

Isn't it interesting the right wing media has not even discussed this or put it front page that it was specifically targeted at the USA. where is that so called liberal media not hammering this home...
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
bajaDean wrote:
can you right wingers understand a simple chart?

Can you show me how many countries in the ENTIRE world have a more unfovorable rating on Obama vs what Bush had when he left office.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/18/in-germany-they-still-love-obama/

Quote:
Today, according to new Pew Research Center data not yet released in a report, 88% of Germans say they have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs. In stark contrast, just 14% had confidence in Bush during his last year in office.

WEREN'T THE GERMANS THE ONES WHO ELECTED ADOLPH HITLER? DON'T THEY SMOKE CIGARETTES WHEN THEY ARE HAVING SEX? DIDN'T THEY PUT THE JEWS AND POLES IN THE OVENS? WTF...Who cares what the German think.

Obviously people change...

again maybe the graph is past your paygrade, but the Germans did not approve of the Hitler wantabee Bush... thus very smart...

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pope was directing his statement at the U.S.A. because, in his eyes, they alone among Christian states were using the Christian message to preach hatred of 'gays.'

As for your statement " There is no other nation in the world where religious fanatics use this as a weapon", EVERY Islamic state is anti 'gay', and Islamic fanatics openly preach that it is the duty of Islam to put them to death.

Perhaps, in your single minded hatred of all and sundry on the western right, that fact had not been noticed by you?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Christian states were using the Christian message to preach hatred of 'gays.'

AKA: Left wing talking points / propaganda / nonsense.

Fanaticals / West Borough Baptist Church types - yes.

Others - no.

This is where people like Dean lack discernment because their judgment is clouded by their notable fanatical politically motivated hatred.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
The Pope was directing his statement at the U.S.A. because, in his eyes, they alone among Christian states were using the Christian message to preach hatred of 'gays.'

As for your statement " There is no other nation in the world where religious fanatics use this as a weapon", EVERY Islamic state is anti 'gay', and Islamic fanatics openly preach that it is the duty of Islam to put them to death.

Perhaps, in your single minded hatred of all and sundry on the western right, that fact had not been noticed by you?

hahahaha you have stupidly selected just a portion of his message. You removed it to be an exclusive when it was a condition statement. I was pointing out that the several issues used by the right wing to divide the USA, IE I even point out on the single issue that there are other nations like Russia that have hate for gays, but in russia they do not want to ban birth control and so on..

I said...
Quote:
Isn't it amazing, The Pope basically tells the world that hating Gays, birth control, and abortions is not a top priority of the Christians

please go on, as I said in the USA is where his message was targeted for all the above... Again those right wingers have been using these issues to excuse their hate messages for years in the USA. Here, also just to prove I was exactly correct in my analysis, the Pope removed the top cardinal who was a hater of the hate that I outlined. Just a few months later when I spot on said he was targeting the USA with his general statement to the world. And of all things replaced him with a human... So again you did not see that analysis posted in any major media in the right wing owned US media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/17/world/europe/pope-replaces-conservative-us-cardinal-on-influential-vatican-committee.html?_r=0
Quote:
ROME — Pope Francis moved on Monday against a conservative American cardinal who has been an outspoken critic of abortion and same-sex marriage, by replacing him on a powerful Vatican committee with another American who is less identified with the culture wars within the Roman Catholic Church.

and even demoted again furthur last month.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-its-official-cardinal-burke-removed-from-vatican-post
Pope Francis removes Cardinal Burke from Vatican post, demoted to ceremonial role
Quote:
Vatican experts, including Crux's John Allen and Catholic News Service's Francis Rocca, are reporting that it is rare for a cardinal in such a high position at the Vatican to be removed without being assigned similar responsibilities.

For years, the pro-life and pro-family movements have looked to Cardinal Burke as their strongest champion at the Vatican.

again that divider of america that was then recently replaced after I posted my spot on analysis, well that divider loved Bush and Bushes hate crimes, and he even publicly went after several democrats saying things like they should not be given communion and so on trying to stop them from being elected. He was part of the right wing hate machine and good riddens to him and his dividing the USA...

that divider was up there with karl Roove and Lee Atwater. Note, Lee atwater who was the architect of the right wing sleaze did get a conscience. He was dying of I think it was brain cancer and went and asked the two dems he used his lies to smear to divide the country racially, well Lee the top propagandist 20 or so years ago " chair of the RNC" asked the two dems for forgiveness, and neither would forgive him. I agree with them for not giving it to such a low life sleaze.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/badboy.htm

http://www.thenation.com/article/170841/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy

Quote:
It has become, for liberals and leftists enraged by the way Republicans never suffer the consequences for turning electoral politics into a cesspool, a kind of smoking gun. The late, legendarily brutal campaign consultant Lee Atwater explains how Republicans can win the vote of racists without sounding racist themselves:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Nigger, nigger, nigger.” By 1968 you can’t say “nigger”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Nigger, nigger.”

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entirely agree with you that America has a growing problem with 'fundamentalist' (if that is the right word) Christian preaching, and hatred of 'gays.' The Pope, while not necessarily agreeing that 'gayness' is commendable, was pointing out that hatred is incompatible with the Christian Gospels. I agree with that.

But your insistence that nowhere else in the world (apart from bogeyman Russia) shows religious intolerance ('gays', abortion, womans behaviour etc) is clearly naive.

Just try admitting to being 'gay' in an Islamic country - or just as bad, acting as a liberated woman! (They can't even drive cars in some countries.)
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT.........you are making the mistake of attempting a rational discussion with someone who is mentally unbalanced. You are wasting your time. You are also making the mistake of believing the nonsense spouted by some on these forums. The US does not have a growing "problem "with fundamentalism, neither does it have a growing hatred of gays. Quite the reverse. Doubtless there will be shrieks of scorn and protest from the usual suspects, and quotes from biased publications, but the reality is quite different I assure you.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are talking about the US, I saw this article today about the the 10 unhealthiest states in the US. I did notice that all 10 states are "red" states...republican leaning states, that vote republican, and have lots of republican residents. I know most of the republicans on this site live in "blue" states that are at the top of the health ranks...do you guys have any advice for the "red" states that dominate this list? Any postive input will help to lessen the financial burden these states put on the federal GOVT, and taxes paid by us in "blue" states, who are healthy.
https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-unhealthiest-state-is--c1418225400461.html
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs,

There seems to be a correlation between states with high poverty and poor health. But now that the ACA is in effect, I guess that will change??????????

Those southern states have a high percentage of blacks as well, and I doubt they are mostly conservatives.

Financial burden from the southern states? Well, yes, too many government handouts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: