myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Waddell Reply with quote

Waddell was 5.0 on Sunday (I'm a median-sized sailor). Mostly small waves but a few bigger waves still coming through. It appears the swell had dropped off compared to Saturday. The wind was decent enough for comfortable coast sailing. Most caught some rides and a few flushes too.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Saturday,Sunday,Labor Day Monday Reply with quote

Enjoyed sailing Coyote on Labor Day weekend. Good mix of all levels of windsurfers and a few kiters enjoying the sun and wind. The park was full and about 30 to 40 sailors each day. I used a 5.5/95 L Sat/Sun and less wind on Labor Day so I went on the 110 L Firemove. Most everyone was slogging from 2 miles in and I was planing past everyone (love it) like they were standing still. Thats one advantage of sailing on a fricking door (75cm wide). Have used my new 5.5 Avanti Viper wave sail (very light, high tech and no monofilm) the last 6 sailings in varying winds and am satisfied and relieved that it was a good buy, despite the high price. Sure is nice to have new toys to play with Cool
tomg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI Delivers! Sat and Monday. pretty similar conditions. (heard
Sunday as lighter) Light at the Island at 2:30 but fills and increases with time toward 7pm. Nice ramps developed by 5 and lots of flat water near Blunt. on a 5.3/ 95l
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Sep 1st Stick! Reply with quote

Back at the Stick after many weeks of Coyote and TI. Very strong day that starts with people powered up with 4.7-5.5 and increases during the day. By 5pm it is strong: many out with 4.2. Still going about the same at 6:30 when I leave. Around 20-25 people in what is probably the friendliest beach in the Bay Area!

I stay out all day with the 6.6 and Carbon Art 58, probably some of the most overpowered sailing I have ever done. An otherwise rather twitchy CA 58 really comes into its own when pointed downwind in overpowered conditions, everything becomes so smooth. But mostly thanks to the HSM GP2 66, that took me a bit to tune but is incredibly locked in under power. Bit of high frequency flutter on the leading edge got removed by tensioning the battens, not too much downhaul, a bit of positive outhaul and this thing pulls and pulls remaining completely neutral.

It is kind of amazing how a modern freerace let you sail so powered up in complete control. I am a relatively light guy (160) and the limiting factor is really just the jibes that, besides the real commitment for a solid execution, eventually wear you out because you are holding the beast with your arms. Otherwise I was probably still doing "only" 33-34 knots max speed in the best runs, but blasting straight above 30 in comfort is something worth experiencing!
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Labor Day Reply with quote

3rd Ave - Labor Day - 5.3m. Most experienced fickle wind and flood current. A handful sailed late-flood/slack tide with decent wind. I launched in dead air, probably worst of day inside, but then was fortunate enough to experience smooth and powerful thermal wind outside for the ebb session late. Nice proto-swell formed in the channel, with very little chop. A classic thermal sunset session! Renewed wind inside made for an easy return at the end. Stoked!
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Sierra Point Reply with quote

Sailed from Oyster to Tigers to Sierra Pt. between 1 and 3 pm on Tuesday. Went with 5.0/95 L freewave. Sierra Pt. was actually windier than Tigers. Thought about sailing to the Stick but not enough wind 50 yards past Sierra Pt.
Headed back to Tigers and contemplated sailing to Embassy but will do that another day maybe..plus I didn't have my radio with me. Needed to tack a few times to make it back to the Oyster launch. Finished in time to beat the commute traffic back to the Southbay.
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: San Luis Res 9/2/2014 Reply with quote

San Luis Res 9/2/2014
Noticed it bumped up in the afternoon took a chance water level
221.7(in picture at 6)
Got there at 2:30 rigged a 4.7 it looked like I was going to have
a hard time not getting blown of the water on that but by the time
I rigged it was 5.7 did one pass on the 4.7 rigged a 5.7 did several runs on the then back to 4.7 for the duration.
Weeds are about .5 feet under water .

IMAG0179.jpg
 Description:
This picture is to the right of the tree.
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Viewed:  8939 Time(s)

IMAG0179.jpg

windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Wednesday...September, powered way up, warm, tight highs and lows, nice water....I was going to say four woofs, but was convinced to report a five woof day. OK...woof woof woof woof woof. There you have it.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad starting at 6PM also....
5.5 and 97 liters, at the upper limits, (gusts 2Cool, a little bit big on the windswells, but nice and smooth heading in on port, with a slight W component in the angle.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Stick and TI Sep 3 and 4 Reply with quote

Sep 3rd at Stick for another slalomish day with the 6.6. Less overpowered, but still getting close to the CA 58 max speed for the Stick ...

Sep 4th at TI. Out powered up with 4.3 and great swell especially early on. The fog is lurking over Crissy but TI hangs on until the wind finally goes down a bit around 4:30. 4-6 people out, then some late comers showing up at 5pm. It would still be just 5.0 for me if I decided to go back out Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 68 of 329

Jump to: