myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday Berkeley...
Mud and Wind...lots of both.

beallmd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washoe; also mud and wind. Getting some days now, mostly storm related, but worthwhile. Not too many really big wind days which is what we hope for in spring, 3.7 stuff etc.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Sat. 2014 Apr. 26, Bodega Reply with quote

Guessed that the wind might come up before the tide got too low, and almost guessed right. 6.4. OK upwind slog, hoping to get payback on the return reach. No payback, something miserably wrong between my stance, sail trim, and conditions. After a couple of cycles of this, the wind came up on the return. Waterstarted easily, got knocked off by chop, rinse and repeat twice. Then everything dialed in, good planing, and the same sail that had been a bag of bricks, suddenly became light and responsive.

By that time it had gotten too shallow so I packed up. Another sailor showed up and OK on 6.0 after I packed up. Two kites were out, one ending up trying to start in ankle deep water.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto Reply with quote

Palo Alto session 1 to 2:30 this Saturday on 90L/4.2 Hucker. Bout 10 sailors out. Probably had the smallest sail as most had 5.0 and bigger. Planed 80% of the time and I'm no tweezer butt. Got the sail last fall to replace a well used 4.2 Naish Force.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Stick Sun 28 Reply with quote

After a not so eventful week at Crissy back to a late Sunday sail at the Stick away from the crowds. As by forecast the wind comes in late, I get out at 3:30 with GP2 6.6 and slalom board. It progressively increases to a solid 4.7-5.0 with Dan and Louis joining in. I hang on to put the new cam sail to its paces: very nice! Hit 33.2 knots on GPS max speed. Not much but in the Stick chop can't go that much faster than that anyway (my max of all time is 36 and change). The sail even if way overpowered still feels very nicely balanced and neutral.

Overall great session with the wind that opens up all the way to Sierra Point. Still going strong when I left at 6:15.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Da Stick!! Reply with quote

Good day to fine tune my new 6.6 Sailworks Hucker at the Stick. Sailed from 1:30 to 3 this Monday. Wind speed was 13 to 14 on the average and I was planing 90% thru the gusts and lulls that Candlestick is known for. The sail was both comfortable and powerful. This sonofabitch is one great sail for those light days! I was using my 110L RRD Firemove (superlight edition)..I love this board as much as I love my 80L Realwind!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Da Stick!! Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Good day to fine tune my new 6.6 Sailworks Hucker at the Stick. Sailed from 1:30 to 3 this Monday. Wind speed was 13 to 14 on the average and I was planing 90% thru the gusts and lulls that Candlestick is known for. The sail was both comfortable and powerful. This sonofabitch is one great sail for those light days! I was using my 110L RRD Firemove (superlight edition)...

Go Stick: I was out 2:30 to 5:00 with Hot Sails Maui GP2 twin cam 6.6. First with Isonic 111 and when the wind picked up with the Carbon Art 58 (95L). Both boards planing 100%, The Isonic as usual way less twitchy than the Carbon Art (well ... it is 10 cm wider ...) and working great with the powerful twin cam 6.6 in the light conditions. The isonic is powerful and it would like a bigger sail, especially when the wind picks up ... it is very happy with the 8.0 ...

and BTW: light wind sailing SHOULD BE the kingdom of windsurfers! We need the freestylers to pick up slalom (like Taty Frans did), then we can have fun! Smile
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't TysonPoor like the top US Slalom sailor?
Sofien can really make a slalom board go fast and jibe extremely well.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailworks makes a great sail. I have a couple Retros. Great stuff.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley friday...after rigging, feared I'd gone too big but went out anyway. My bitchen new Retro powered on through, but was maxed out. I held on for two reaches... Berkeley can die fast but today was exceptional. Slogged for all I was worth but made it back. Beer in cooler. All good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 39 of 329

Jump to: