myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Friday 1/31 Third Ave channel Reply with quote

Friday afternoon - sunset sesh 3rd Ave channel, hell yeah! Some big wind ramped up late with 2+ knot ebb running. Big ramps, shoulders, and faces! It was black out when we made it back in. Welcome back NW wind, ur ruining surfing now, but making for some fantastic windsurfing.
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Saturday 2/1 Crissy Field Reply with quote

Opened the season on all new gear at Crissy yesterday (90L./6.0.).
Got there late, but I think I got the best of what was available.
Good session to familiarize with material and habits (like packing a towel...).
Didn't make it to the North tower, but played with others (2-3 max) on some nice tanker swell.
I cannot recall starting so early in the year in what seemed a typical light air/strong ebb mid-Spring combination. Got cold only unrigging, otherwise ok.

Was really tired in the evening though. Even after so many years, and while training "dry" throughout the Fall-Winter, the body takes a while to get use to WSing after a 4 months break.
Wondering if SUPing might be better than MBKing to stay in tune...
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Saturday 2/1 Crissy Field Reply with quote

bipbip wrote:

Was really tired in the evening though. Even after so many years, and while training "dry" throughout the Fall-Winter, the body takes a while to get use to WSing after a 4 months break.
Wondering if SUPing might be better than MBKing to stay in tune...

It is. I used to MTB in the winter and the upper body was really out of shape by spring. SUPing might not be perfect but it works out a lot of upper body, and I felt fine after 2h or 4.3 conditions last week. MTB + SUP in winter is actually great, get a Wind-SUP so you can also sail with it!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Monday 2/3 Stick Reply with quote

Weak at the Stick after a strong start, made a bad call with a 4.3 and kind of slogged/planed/tacked (or better: sometimes tacked) all day. Still very good for January, a 6.0 + 100L or even better slalom would have been the good call. Next Thu should be good. It was WARM Shocked
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Monday 2/3 Third Reply with quote

Monday 2/3 at Third was on the cusp but not quite there. 106 / 5.3, stayed mostly inside, on and off a plane, good conditions for light wind practice. Others reported similar wind in the channel. Could not decide if it was colder in the water or out of the water!
rpaillon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Tomales Last Friday and Monday Reply with quote

It's a bit late but I might as well get my two cents in. Tomales Bay was supreme last Friday, 1-31. Three of us out on 4.5's and one big guy on a 5.3. It was nicely filled in and not gusty at all. Monday it was 5.0 and a little gusty, but not overpowering. I don't think anyone went out last Thursday but the sensor showed some nice wind at Tomales on that day too. The season is getting off to an early start.
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windmeter reading @ Ocean Beach, SF 400 yards S of Cliff House
14.9 (2-19) KTS 02/08/2014 11:47 AM
Looks doable for anybody without a lower back pain like me, and wanting to get wet in and out of the water.
Confused
One kite getting ready.
xander.arch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update bipbip. I'm also curious to know if anybody sailed OB today - or anywhere else on the coast and got some port tack in?

Looks like we should have good South winds again tomorrow. Anybody interested in a sesh at OB (or elsewhere on the coast) let me know. Forecast says the winds should build and rain should drop in the afternoon.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: WindSUP in an odd place Reply with quote

Went to Davy. Wind was light, but a rather nice little swell coming in. So went out on my Angulo 10'10" WindSUP with an Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. The wind felt like 4 to 14 knots. This was a good combination for me given the conditions.
Only surfers out until after about 3/4 of an hour into the session another windsurfer came out with a wave board. He rode waves on the south reef. I was playing on the swell on the north side of the channel.
Beautiful day and 'twas fun.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Another WindSUP Day but short Reply with quote

Out again at Davy with the windSUP. Wind only measured 5 to 10 knots at the beach. Launched and played on the swell and then after only about 25 minutes the wind died to just occasional puffs of less than 10 knots so I came in. However, while out I played on some waves that were head high and a few that were higher. Fun while it lasted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 32 of 329

Jump to: