myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic day at Jalama.
PS. Be careful taking old sails there.

wave(small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.91 MB
 Viewed:  13225 Time(s)

wave(small).jpg

kevinkan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Stayed until 4:00, 4.2 all the way from 1:00, very comfortable, I appreciated the swell being a bit smaller, my after session beer wasn't shaking in my hand like it was yesterday.

dayum! i need to go there!

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
loopless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never report.
Punta San Carlos was hitting DOH with occasional mast high++ sets at the bowl last weekend. Thanks cyclone Pam!
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: More Crissy April 2-3 and 4 Reply with quote

Missed a good Crissy day on April 1st (!). Yesterday, the 2nd, was light, but I had a good time with the RRD FSW 100 and 6.0. For some bizarre reason I made all the tacks ... go figure why my poor tacking technique works at crissy. Shocked

Today, Apr 3rd, was a perfect Crissy day: 5.0 powered up, not under not over just perfect. Nice rolls, chop under control, sweet Very Happy

Saturday, Apr 4th, 4.3 powered up. Very choppy everywhere but great big swell right east of Anita Point. I could probably have used 3.7. RRD 85 as usual feels a bit big in overpowered 4.3, it hangs in there fine but something more agile would have been nice. Anyway: double Very Happy Very Happy

As a side comment: Kites seem now to be almost exclusively on hydrofoil. That is probably what is needed to make them work at Crissy (fewer group Kite rescues by the Coast Guard!), but to be honest they seem a big contraption for what they actually achieve. My rig on the 3rd looked positively minimalistic in respect to those huge hydrofoils and massive 15 m^2 sails and I was going actually faster than most Kites on a FSW board with a 5.0 ... mah ... not sure I get it.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic day at 3rd Ave on Saturday 4/4

Was OPd in the channel on 4.4/85... I was sailing my freestyle board, and it would have been nice to have a board with more rocker and more fin(s) and a smaller sail. Swell was large... wind was strong and more westerly so really going straight into it on port, but was really nice for swell riding on starboard.

Inside was good at times too.. some very fast water and good ramps when I launched.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
bosie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice -- 4.4 on 4/4. Me too (at Crissy -- 75 ltr).
victor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>huge hydrofoils and massive 15 m^2 sails

are you talking about kite foilboarders on 15M KITES?

you might have the size wrong if so. 15M is what a kite foiler would use in something like 8 mph of wind.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Stick Apr 9-10, Crissy 11 & 13-15 Reply with quote

Missed the south westerly early in the week, out at the Stick on Thu Apr 9 with strange combo Isonic 110 + Firelight 6.0. Mostly displacement sailing doing tacks (pretty good, Crissy taught me a lesson: keep the weight back) and some backwind (not so successful, what a head twister). The wind is VERY light but it comes up at 4:30 pushing the strange combo to its limits (boom lines to short!). No time to change to my 2-cam sail for what would have been a nicely powered up late afternoon session. Fun anyway: isn't this a fun sport!

Day after windier but I make the mistake to rig the 5. 6 would have been much better. The wind drops quickly after a few good runs. Many people out, wondered if Coyote or Crissy were lit but the wind seems very weak everywhere with the Ocean breeze gone by the time I get home.

Day after at Crissy. Very weak and flood until 4, but still workable with 6.0 and 100L. Then it comes up nicely and out for 1h with 5.0. VERY choppy inside, almost flat outside between the two towers. A number of twin tips Kites are out: now those are standing still even compared to a tame 100L FSW board with some power in it!

Monday 13 at Crissy: great 3:00 to 4:30 with 5.0 and 85. Nice swell (ok ... little swell) at the north tower, sunny and warm. Than is dies fast and it is a quick retreat toward the beach.

Tue 14 at Crissy: good 3:00 to 4:30 with 5.0 and 85. Wind a bit up and down. Smaller swell but some great "container-ship-waves". Goes down again at 4:30 although it seems to be lingering longer than yesterday.

Wed 15 at Crissy: just ok 2:30 to 4:30 with 6.0 and 100. Switched for a while to 6.0 and 85 that is actually a surprisingly good combo (thank you Hot Sails Maui for the Firelight!!!!). Tomorrow is supposed to be North East Shocked maybe be time to go MTB

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 am; edited 10 times in total
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Stick yesterday, about 20 folks, unusually warm, good for early season even if not exciting.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Berkeley. Woof!

newgraph.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.07 KB
 Viewed:  12021 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 81 of 329

Jump to: