myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veterduet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: berkeley - Tuesday Reply with quote

Nice double session interrupted by a lull at around 3:30. Wind turned more southerly at 4 which seemed to make for a smoother and less disorganized chop.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Playground and Toes Over Reply with quote

Sailed yesterday, the 17th at what I call The Playground which is just outside of and including the Toes Over break just east of the Capitola break. Very light wind, 4 to 9 knots. Waves in the better sets over my head. Had to pump to catch. While it was fun, it would have been more so with few more knots of wind.
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: 9/18/2014 San luis Not real good Reply with quote

9/18/2014 San Luis Not real good but virtually weed free
at 223.5 . You can't see any weeds except at the sides.
Planed on 5.7 most of the time but plenty of holes and it was up and
down pretty good when it was up.
Water is 5 feet past the tree.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Stick 19 and 20 Reply with quote

Foreshadowing things to come (end of the season) two fun days at the Stick. Wind very light, with the fog line too close to let the good wind in. But I had fun going out with big board and 5.0 and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack and tack ....

tomorrow I'll try TI ... Smile
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: berkeley monday Reply with quote

Not too shabby for the first day of Fall.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access, Sept. 6, 2014 Reply with quote

September 21, a few minutes of good wind early in the morning. John sets the long jump record for the day in this image.

2014-09-21 cropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.47 KB
 Viewed:  8143 Time(s)

2014-09-21 cropped.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on 09-22-2014 Reply with quote

Windsurfed Pleasure Point today on the Wind/SUP. Wind up and down and mostly light. Waves in the ankle-biters, knee-high and thigh-high range. Had fun. Launched from New Brighton and sailed up and back from there. West wind died on the way back and I was becalmed just west of the Capitola Anchorage. Waited for the east wind to come up and tacked home on that.
Looking at the wind graph, it looked like Natural Bridges would have been fun with regular small gear as well. Oh well.....cannot be two places at once.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Monday Equinox Reply with quote

3rd Ave - Monday Equinox was good 4.7 for me. Session was bifurcated by light wind interval, with afternoon session overall stronger than subsequent evening session.

Might work again some this afternoon/eve but the incoming front is already beginning to flip wind direction arrows. Will we be able to squeeze out another session?....

windward1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-23-2014 Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges today. Went there and left as the wind near shore was light and the good wind fairly far out. Checked out Pleasure Point, but it was only 2 to 3 knots, so back to Natural Bridges. Launched and found the wind outside very strong. I was overpowered on my Naish Titan and Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. However I played around with it and tried to do speed runs with my Garmin wrist GPS unit. Would go along the kelp on what was just slightly off of a beam reach. Maximum speed obtained was 28.5 mph and I could not fully hold the sail in in full speed condition. Darn! Also spun out some, once while on a broad reach back to the beach. The board was crabbing a bit, but seemed to hold that position. Checked the GPS. 21 mph while spun out. Only way I could pull it out was to slow way down.
If I get wind like that again this fall, I hope I am on my smaller gear.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Stick 23 Reply with quote

Great day at the Stick that as usual delivers at the beginning and end of the season. Out with GP2 6.6 and Isonic 110. The wind gets stronger around 4:30, multiple fog banks coming in and as strange result the direction is almost perfect and I get to push the board as I probably never did before. The 6.6 on paper is small for the Is-110 but works very well. The board really come on its own when quite massively powered up and the GP2 has enough down push to keep the board nice and stable. Great runs all the way to Sierra point with the sizable chop little by little disappearing under the progressively powered up board. Very much fun when it gets into the "zone": all is left of the chop is some noise, never experienced such a pronounced effect, the board simply erases it. I can only imagine what a bomb the board could be with somebody heavier, a 7.5-8.0 sail, and much more skill!

Anyway ... nice day, only 4-5 people out but everybody was planing happily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 72 of 329

Jump to: