myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: TI Sep 5 Reply with quote

Sep 5th at TI. Out early with 5.0 nicely powered up. Nobody around (besides the embarrassing Kiter who shows up with the power boat) for quite a while.

A few people trickle in and I end up following Sophie and (I think) Brad, who are exploring toward Angel Island. Kind of neat to get so close to the south beach, one can probably land there but I don't get any closer than about 100 yards. It does look like a Tropical beach! Very flat spot, although the swell is still there.

Going back, around 5, the wind has decreased quite a bit and I have to cut the otherwise very long down winder into a few legs. Fun day, but one can start to feel Fall: coming back on the bridge mist and haze were pretty much everywhere on the Bay
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access, Sept. 6, 2014 Reply with quote

Windsurfers starting early at Sherman Island were rewarded with nice swells, with ebb tide, and with good wind. Shown is Delta Dawg JT with his new, white OO board hitting the water at dawn, along with several others. The wind and rollers picked up later in the early morning.

2014-09-06 dawn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.83 KB
 Viewed:  8789 Time(s)

2014-09-06 dawn.jpg

Last edited by ERROR!!! on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: TI Sep 6 Reply with quote

Sep 6 at TI. Weakest day of the week, out at 2:45 I slog midway to the "church" with a 5.0 before I finally take off. Than wind picks up, resulting in a nicely powered relaxing afternoon on the outside. Quite a lot of people out, maybe 20 or so. I call it early when the wind decreases a bit at 5.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Saturday Reply with quote

3rd Ave - Saturday, 4-6 pm. Hit it just right for me, 5.3m with back half of ebb tide running. Some cross chop out there initially, but cleaned up to some nice swells and jumping ramps. Hey, pretty good for September sailing! Maybe Sunday....
SPQR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@windward 1 - Were you sailing out of Natural Bridges on a southwest tack at around 2:50pm? I was surfing at Steamer's Lane and was looking at my watch and saw a sail go by, it looked good! Surfing was good the last three days.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SPQR,
It was not me. I did check out Natural Bridges a bit earlier than that, but chickened out, doggone it. I saw one regular surfer having trouble making it out through the shore break and the whole shoreline had thick broken kelp in the impact and launch zone, so I decided to pass.
Windward1
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Room to move in the East Bay

P1010040.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  598.83 KB
 Viewed:  8500 Time(s)

P1010040.JPG

SwellRipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Monday Reply with quote

3rd Ave - Monday 2:30 pm, word is the early bird (first initial D), is already lit on his 4.2m! Big ebb again all afternoon so come on down, looks like repeat of Sunday!
bert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

1-3 session on a 4.7/95 L trifin. Perfect conditions out at the channel..enough to put you in a trance. Hope tomorrow is as good.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Crissy on Monday Reply with quote

After almost 3 months of Coyote and TI back at Crissy (I have to be at Fort Mason at 6:30). And Crissy delivers!!! Absolutely absurd chop, all over the place, dish washing machine at the North tower. No swell in sight with the exception of a patch east of the center of the bridge, did I mention the chop? Devilish stupid boat messed up chop! Twisted Evil

Out with 5.0 to get to the wind line, by 4:30 it would be good to have half size less. But it is less windy west and close to the north tower and one manages. Still beautiful despite the silly chop (did I mention?) ... and it is fun to pass the Kites on hydrofoils: they are soooo slow!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 69 of 329

Jump to: