myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Stick on Wednesday Reply with quote

Great day at the Stick. 5.5/95 L from 1 to 3pm nicely powered up. Sailed with Fred. That dude is almost 80 and still sails strong..incredible. Tomorrows forecast for the Stick is again, dismal..but I bet that the Stick will be blowing pretty good by 1pm.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave Reply with quote

3rd Ave has been very good last two days (Tues-Wed). Afternoon ebb and good quality wind, lots of 4.7s out. So don't give up on the Peninsula just yet, still some nice days left this season.

Just a reminder, 3rd Ave main launch parking and rigging area are closed off for renovation work. To go windsurfing here, most people are using the old launch by the Foster City water tanks.

windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day three at Berkeley. Woof!!
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Tropical Storm Marie, - New Best Friend for this week. Reply with quote

Well Tropical Storm Marie has been my new best friend this week, dishing up some fun swell coming into Monterey Bay from the south. Wind was west today so my sailing in Soquel Cove was strange. I could have wind gusting into the high teens out by the kelp where I would take off on a wave and only have about 4 knots of wind nearer the end of the ride nearer the beach. While I could have used my FSW out near the kelp, it would be hopeless inside. The Sail-SUP worked as good as anything I can think of. I would have like foot-straps at times on the outside as I could just get completely blown off the board, but had to settle for what I had and what Mother Nature threw at me.
Sailed from New Brighton up to Pleasure Point and back Rode waves at Bombora, Privates, between O'Neill's and The Hook, Third Peak and even Toes Over. The best was at Third Peak, but wore myself out there as the wind was often in the mid teens with gusts into the high teens or higher. Had to be aware of any waves that were too big and break me or my gear so it was important not only to judge the wave coming, but also judging those coming behind it. I either did that well or lucked out as I did get back in one piece.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 2 days hurricane Marie has been epic. 15 foot with 20 mph winds. All the waves a man could take. Malibu has been on fire.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching a webcam of Malibu today. What a snake pit. Makes sailing look free and easy.
SPQR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@windward1 - saw you at O'Neils around 3:00pm, I was surfing at Pleasure Point.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPQR,
Did it look like I knew what I was doing?
Smile
Windward1
SPQR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya - looking good, pretty hard to miss you among all the surfers! Beautiful day in Santa Cruz!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
I was watching a webcam of Malibu today. What a snake pit. Makes sailing look free and easy.

Secos was crowded, but there were so many waves it worked!! PCH was closed completely for a while because of the gawkers at Malibu. Laird shot the pier, and then rescued a drowning man. We had 4 pros windsurfing Secos with another 15 sailors, plus a dozen kites, boogie boarders, SUP, surfers on Costco boards, and pro surfers in the lineup. It was a circus. The pros were pulling off big aerial's while topless girls lounged down the beach. The only thing missing was the circus band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 66 of 329

Jump to: