myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: San Luis Res 8/22/2014 Reply with quote

Kind of up and down look at the chart.
Weeds are a concern now at 211 ft but the middle is
workable.
Weeds are thick close to the shore on the mediros side.
Patches in the Cove and Upwind of the tree.
Rigged a 5.3 and was planning most of the time using
a board switching plan to keep going.

cove1.jpg
 Description:
this is the cove to left of tree
 Filesize:  651.76 KB
 Viewed:  9106 Time(s)

cove1.jpg

cove.jpg
 Description:
actually to right of tree
 Filesize:  796.37 KB
 Viewed:  9107 Time(s)

cove.jpg

IMAG0178-001.jpg
 Description:
from ranger station
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  9181 Time(s)

IMAG0178-001.jpg

LeeD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berk Sat., starting around 3:30...
5.5 well powered, 97 liter freeride board, kinda cross chopped due to extremely Westerly winds. Came up a tad after 4, to very powered, but by then (around 5), my legs were tired anyways.
They had a Cal Cup. Formula that is. Winner was on a 7.9.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Windy and choppy as well. 5.2
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: TI Reply with quote

Lots of people rallying to Treasure Island on Saturday and maybe today too. Some swell and some chop, afternoon ebb. 4.7m was my good call. I would hit that place more often but weekday traffic on the City-side approaches has seemingly gotten worse compared to last year or even earlier this season.

An ideal world would have a 3rd Av to TI ferry service! Also of course an ideal world would not have that TI radiation zone...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93351417@N06/14451166583/

bert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: TI on Saturday Reply with quote

As mentioned above TI was one of the few places with wind. Lots of sailors, with Delta, Coast, and Peninsula windsurfers present as well as the regulars. I was first on the water at 1pm to try my new 5.5 Avanti Viper sail. My first impression...I made a mistake buying it. Will try it again with more fine tuning before the wind picks up at either TI or possibly Berkeley as I've not sailed there yet this year.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TI Reply with quote

SwellRipper wrote:
I would hit that place more often but weekday traffic on the City-side approaches has seemingly gotten worse compared to last year or even earlier this season.

I changed route at least 3-4 times this summer and drove to Coyote after seeing the conditions on the Bridge. Not sure if it is worse but for sure the new bridge has not made things better ... and last year I was hitting the bridge at 12:30, now around 2:30 making things worse. Coming back at 6-6:30pm has been quite dreadful a number of times ... they need a second bridge to solve the traffic problem into/from the city!!!!

Last edited by dvCali on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
bert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Sunday Reply with quote

TI was blowing 4.7-5.0 at noon so I decided instead to head to Berkeley to fine tune my newly bought 5.5 Avanti. Tightened the downhaul and a more positive outhaul and the sail just became a keeper (the sail is superlight, gorgeous and $$$). Haven't sailed Berkeley in a few years and I truly enjoyed the session. I do feel that sailing different spots (I sail 9-10 different locations) enhances my love of windsurfing as each spot is unique... but the traffic and gas$$ sucks big time. Headed home by way of Dumbarton and saw that there was 5.5 conditions north of the bridge. Had a notion to pull over and sail Dumbo but these days, as I've gotten older and less energetic, I can no longer do twofers..sigh.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed from New Brighton to just beyond Pleasure Point and back. Three and a half hours SUP-Sailing session. Wind light most of the time and it was up and down a bit. So when I chose to go into certain breaks I often had to match up the wind's extended gust with the wave selected. All in all it worked out well for a fun trip as there was a good south swell. Caught thigh high, waist high and chest high waves at various breaks. Bombora, Privates, Sharks and some other places that were going off that I do not know the names of. Some were at places that very rarely have waves. I did try the west side of Sewers, but it was too light while I was there. I avoided most of the popular main breaks as there were a ton of surfers out. I sailed out and checked boats sailing down the coast as well as kayakers, SUPpers, and fisherman at various places along the way. Did not see any whales out today. Have seen them out there recently, but not today.

The neat thing for me is New Brighton is only 4 miles from my home. No bridge traffic. Essentially no traffic at all.

Life is good!
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larkspur Sunday, nice 5.5 and 90 liter weather, maybe 10 sailors out, lots of room, two ferries total from 3-6.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: TI Aug 24 Reply with quote

Gorgeous day at TI. Lots of sailors! I can only imagine how this place would look like with a beach and better access!!!! I am out with 4.3 that is quite underpowered close to the Island: not slogging but close with my 85L. I get toward Angel Island when the wind increases as usual and end up sailing powered up in the Channel and have a great time. Better call for the day was probably 5.0 for me, but I still got to explore toward Alcatraz that I have not done before ... pretty awesome! Very Happy Very Happy I end the day a bit early at 4:30 when the wind seems to drop a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 64 of 329

Jump to: