myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

A little uneven, but quite sailable between the launch and Brooks Isl. There was less wind outside Brooks even though Berkeley was windy..
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Crissy 5/5 and 5/6 Reply with quote

Very late and short session on Mon 5/5 with nice wind and small ebb. Today 5/6 an early session 2:0 to 4:00. Biggish flood but enough wind to gain a bit upwind with the RRD 85 and Firelight 5.0. Gorgeous day, the light was kind of silvery, a lot of windsurfers out ... miss Coyote and its steady winds a wide spaces but ... Crissy is 12 minutes door to door!

Interesting that there seem to be few twin-tip kites left. It makes sense given the kite "mortality rate" (read: coast guard rescue) at Crissy. Mostly one sees course racing kites on hydrofoils: kinda nice to look at but boy ... they are slow! I am sure they point high and deep into the wind and have a huge advantage for triangle (or downwind) racing, but boy ... they might be doing low twenties at most: I am almost faster on the RRD FSW!

Last edited by dvCali on Fri May 09, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
bert

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Oyster Point Reply with quote

Saw that SFO was almost at 20mph at noontime. Fired up the Previa van, informed the missus that I was headed to Oyster. Got my dog at South city Costco and parked at Oyster for my lunch. Studied the water while chompin' on the dog and sipping a Coors Light, trying to figure out which of my 4 boards and 10 sail quiver would work best. Also thought about the demise of windsurfing..so few sailors out these days..kinda sad. Went with 4.2/80L combo. Slogged past the point towards the wind. Went into high gear at Tigers and the board/sail combo was spot on. The board felt kinda funny after an hour, flipped it over and noticed that my fin was about ready to come off. Didn't have a tool in my safety pak to tighten the bolt so I headed back in. Couldn't make it past the dead zone at the point and fell in. Had to uphaul a dozen times before getting the fricking sail upright (sure gets harder as I get older). Crying or Very sad
kirk

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: 5.6 at Palo Alto Reply with quote

I had a fun time windsurfing at Palo Alto today in what is normally tough WSW conditions. 5.6 Sailworks Hucker and Real Wind 270XL board really worked well together with the gusts, lulls, choppy water and strong flood tide.

Sails were 4.2 to 5.7.

I went out about 5PM when there was plenty of water for my 13" fin. The 3" fin freestyle types that can sail over the mud were out 1.5 hrs earlier....

https://www.facebook.com/KirkLindstrom

GPS Tracks showing I kept moving fast most of the time with only slogging to get in and out from the launch.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/494685339
Time: 1:03:18
Moving Time: 1:00:22
Elapsed Time: 1:09:19
Avg Speed: 14.3 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 15.0 mph
Max Speed: 22.6 mph
The slogging in and out screw up the averages...

Too bad the wind died after 6PM but it was a good workout

Note the tracks were about 70 degrees more westerly than typical... any more SW to the wind and it probably would not have been good.

Wind PA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.52 KB
 Viewed:  13934 Time(s)

Wind PA.jpg

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
carl

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk:
Is the dock ramp fixed at PA now?
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Crissy 5/7 and 5/9 Reply with quote

Wed: more Crissy, for a quicky 3:00 to 4:00 on a 4.3, nicely powered up, nice swell from the north west, a lot of people out. Beautiful day until it got gray Sad still pretty if a bit ominus

Friday: out with a 5.0 very nicely powered up. Close to ideal. Had to cut it short because of a concert tomorrow but the wind was still blowing happily when I left at 4:30. Overall nice week at Crissy Very Happy It is the May and June spot!

Last edited by dvCali on Fri May 09, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
ctuna

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: San Luis today 5/7/2014 candlestick yesterday Reply with quote

San Luis today 5/7/2014
It said 20 but looked more like 25
4.7 and wave board mostly planing and gusty from 12:30 to 2
2 to 3 more filled in . Just me and one guy one the mediros side.
Stick yesterday gusty and moving around 1 to 4:30
pulse power 4.7 and wave board.
YippieYo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl wrote:
Kirk:
Is the dock ramp fixed at PA now?

i guess it's not fixed, but the gate is gone...
kirk

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dock was repaired and back to normal but....
the rubber matt is gone where we attach boards to sails so you now do that on cement... or do it down where we store the boards where there is still rubber matting .

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley friday was a pleasant surprise. Looked weak at first but came through. Funsville.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 41 of 329

Jump to: