myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Sherman Island Access 2019-09-26 Reply with quote

Sherman Island stayed at 28 this afternoon and for the ebb tide starting in mid-afternoon to the end of the day. I got to use my custom 65L Roberts with a 4.2 sail and my Fanatic FreeWave 75L with a 4.7 sail (I'm 175 lbs.). Both rigs were nicely powered up in strong wind (that used to be more frequent--climate change). There were lots of smiles and tired arms.

2019-09-26 Sherman Island.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.41 KB
 Viewed:  9591 Time(s)

2019-09-26 Sherman Island.jpg

dllee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley 5:30, nice 5.7 filled the dock 95 liter wind for an hour, then you couldn't see the water to spot weeds and flotsam.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomales solo for 2 hours
3.7 72 liter RW Fishy love that board ...
Tired
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: 2019-09-28 Mitchell's Cove & then Sea Cliff Beach Reply with quote

Windsurfed Mitchells Cove in the early afternoon. Wind shadowed inside, blowing hard outside. Took the Naish Titan and an Ezzy Panther 5.2. Made it to the outside, but super gusty and decided that it was not really fun, so went in. One other windsurfer out.
Checked New Brighton, where I had windsurfed yesterday and had fun on a few waves with a sailSUP, but it was too offshore. Glassy under the cliffs except for the scattered cat's paws hitting the water in ever changing polka dots.
Checked Manresa Beach. Too onshore.
Went to Sea Cliff and measured steady at the shore line 15 to 20 knots. Rigged the same as at Mitchells and went out. Not steady. At all. More like 4 and then 18 and then 4. Again not fun. Went in. No windsurfers out.
Guess I am not good at gusty. I may have to avoid inland lakes.
Anyway, hoping tomorrow is a bit more on the steady side or at least not so extreme. Tough on the old shoulders.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Dumbarton Bridge on Saturday Reply with quote

Had serious intentions to sail Dumbo this Saturday on my Fanatic Freewave/4.7 Naish Force at high tide, but the flotsam, crud and gnat infestation at the jersey barrier 30 yrds from launch made me change my mind (I don't wear booties). Checked out the backside of the bridge ( south side) and saw some wind so I went foil just to see if it was doable. The wind was spotty and squirrely so I sailed back and forth and built up enough speed to foil into and through the bridge to the other side where there was 18-20 mph wind mixed with nice swells to ride. Despite being overpowered I had a freaking good time! Pretty sure that I'm the first to ever foil Dumbo Cool
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift and It's was popular when I sailed Town.
Friend of mine launched at It's and got some pics of him sailing 2nd and 3rd reef, actually riding some set waves.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlee,

Are those pics digital, or can you make them so using your cell phone? If so, please post! I would love to sometime sail the outside reefs from Steamers when the winter swell is huge. Usually there is no wind. One time there was huge swell and wind and I did not go. Something I may forever regret.

I could make amends for that if the conditions re-present themselves and I give it a go....

W1
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Raymond sailed 3rd reef solo in around 1990, his g/f taking stills from the cliffs.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: 2019-09-29 Mitchells Cove Reply with quote

Windsurfed Mitchells Cove today. Far better than yesterday. Still gusty, but the gusts transitioned to the lulls and vice versa. That slope to the wind increase and decrease makes all the difference. One other windsurfer out with me and then another went out when we came in. He caught some nice rides on some of the swell as it became more pronounced as the tide slackened.
Five kiters at Its. Saw one huge set come in there and the kiters taking advantage of it as I was about to leave. I need to windsurf Its soon with some decent swell.....
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a strong wind weekend and moderate Monday, Tuesday gave us a more typical 5.7 windsurf or 4.5 foil day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 274, 275, 276 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 275 of 329

Jump to: